E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Australia (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   BMWise- Best Adelaide BMW Service (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=764411)

THE_dude 05-14-2010 12:37 AM

BMWise- Best Adelaide BMW Service
 
ever since i had the e46 3 years ago, my BS detector has went off far so many time with my last wrongly trusted BMW mechanic :censor:, i've gather advises from the forum and brought my car to BMWise Thebarton. what can i say, Dean and Anthony, you guys have done a great job, i am very very happy with your sevices, thank you very much :thanks:. i've only just known you guys but i do trust you won't be bs-ing me like my last mechanic.

And to other Adelaide members who have not known of these guys, you should look them up cuz you will be pleased with the results :thumbsup:

Thanks again Dean and Anthony :hi:

YGOAMG 05-14-2010 12:46 AM

1.9L engine*

which service was it?

CortinaD 05-14-2010 01:13 AM

+1 top guys

THE_dude 05-14-2010 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YGOAMG (Post 11743832)
1.9L engine*

which service was it?

just a regular service plus fixing up broken parts here and there such as side moulding, windshiled cover and such

farkas007 05-14-2010 04:07 AM

What about their cost? Do they rip people off like the rest of BMW mechanics in adelaide do?

THE_dude 05-14-2010 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farkas007 (Post 11744226)
What about their cost? Do they rip people off like the rest of BMW mechanics in adelaide do?

i paid $700 for the following

- service
- side mouldings (which i was told by my previous mechanic that i have to replace for $300)
- window mouldings (again, was told i have to replace them as of $400/side)
- new windshield cover (charged $220 for part, which is a tad more expensive than what you get off ecs but then, you don't have to wait and pay for shipping)
- exhaust tip
- hand break re-adjusted
- steering wheel fluid
- some other minor stuff that i might not remember

you tell me if that's expensive or not :)

THE_dude 05-14-2010 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YGOAMG (Post 11743832)
1.9L engine*

which service was it?

fixed ;)

farkas007 05-14-2010 05:15 AM

cool, might check them out then on my next service.... :)

THE_dude 05-14-2010 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farkas007 (Post 11744285)
cool, might check them out then on my next service.... :)

where do you usually service your car? i just wanna make sure you didn't get ripped off like i did

Schnake 05-14-2010 05:33 AM

Go on show us your exhaust tip! You know you want to. ;)

THE_dude 05-14-2010 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schnake (Post 11744299)
Go on show us your exhaust tip! You know you want to. ;)

hahaha well obviously it's nothing special to show off, otherwise i would have already, it's only to cover up that -god knows how it happened- dented tip of mine. it's ok though, not bad, bright n shine, i'll get some pics for ya in the weekend ;)

Darkoz 05-14-2010 07:31 PM

Where were you taking it before that ripped you off?

THE_dude 05-15-2010 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkoz (Post 11747047)
Where were you taking it before that ripped you off?

pm-ed

ubersaloon 06-09-2010 05:55 AM

Just digging this one up again, but for good reason.

Picked up my car from BM Wise today after having the gearbox rebuilt and a new clutch and flywheel.
They took the box out and sent it to a trans specialist I'd pre-arranged.
While the specialist dicked me around for nearly 3 weeks, BM Wise were happy to keep the car under lock and key at their premises.
When I picked it up this arvo, there was a new bearing noise, only this time from one of the drive belt idler pulleys.
They already had a 320i on the jacks that had just had the same pulley replaced so they swapped it there on the spot and didn't charge me for the part or the labour as I'd dropped so much cash there already.

So, 10/10 for BM Wise (and 5/10 for the trans specialists)

Schnake 06-09-2010 06:47 AM

Good to hear it worked out for you ubersaloon.

On a side note we'll have to organise an Adelaide get together/cruise. There seems to be enough of us here to make it worth the while.

Darkoz 06-09-2010 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubersaloon (Post 11853046)
Just digging this one up again, but for good reason.

Picked up my car from BM Wise today after having the gearbox rebuilt and a new clutch and flywheel.
They took the box out and sent it to a trans specialist I'd pre-arranged.
While the specialist dicked me around for nearly 3 weeks, BM Wise were happy to keep the car under lock and key at their premises.
When I picked it up this arvo, there was a new bearing noise, only this time from one of the drive belt idler pulleys.
They already had a 320i on the jacks that had just had the same pulley replaced so they swapped it there on the spot and didn't charge me for the part or the labour as I'd dropped so much cash there already.

So, 10/10 for BM Wise (and 5/10 for the trans specialists)

I've heard a quite a few good reports about them, might try them out next time.
Do you know they're open on Saturdays?

ubersaloon 06-09-2010 07:28 AM

Cheers
After babying my car for months now, and 3 weeks off the road, I'm looking for a reason to go driving.
Maybe the BMWDCSA run on the 18th is worth looking at?

And no Darkoz, they're not open on Saturdays

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schnake (Post 11853077)
Good to hear it worked out for you ubersaloon.

On a side note we'll have to organise an Adelaide get together/cruise. There seems to be enough of us here to make it worth the while.


Schnake 06-09-2010 07:46 AM

What's the run on the 18th? That's a Friday.

ubersaloon 06-09-2010 07:55 AM

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=769757

Schnake 06-09-2010 08:11 AM

I did see something not long ago. Where there was a days notice given. Missed this one though.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use