What do I do?
I have no knowledge of car audio equipment or anything of that sort. With that said, I'm going to ask a few questions (newbie questions). I hope I dont come off as an idiot with these questions,but, here goes:
1. Should I get the HK system?
2. Why or why not?
3. Is it better to just upgrade the stock speakers?
4. If I decide to just upgrade the stock speakers, will that help the sound that much? or do I need to get an amp also?
5. Does the HK system have a different head unit that puts out more power?
6. And finally, does the stock head unit put out enough power for aftermarket speakers to sound good?
okay, thats about it. Like I said, I obviously know nothing about audio equipment so bear with me please. Any help at all would be appreciated.
1. if u plan to change the HU, dont get the HK system. If u plan to use the stock HU and add an amp to it then get it.
2. #1 pretty much answers it. ( i think )
3. NO. I tried it and it sounded like $#iT!
4. U need an amp with the new speakers
5. It has a factory amp
6. that is personal preference. what sounds good to u may not sound good to the other.
These are just my opinion based on my own personal preference. Cheers!:D
chang_lee, you ask good questions, but there's one other key factor to consider: money. If you don't know anything about car audio equipment, then I'm also guessing you don't have a lot of experience in installing it. If that's the case, it's gonna be tough for you to do an upgrade without spending a decent amount of money (e.g., at least $1,000-1,500 and probably more), because even if you economize on equipment (which you wouldn't want to do if the goal is to upgrade!), you're going to spend alot on having a shop install it.
Also, search the ICE board and you'll see that many before you have asked this question, and there's lots of good info out there.
In a nutshell, to do a decent upgrade, you're going to need:
1) new front speakers
2) a subwoofer box or JL Audio Stealthboxes (subwoofers in custom enclosures to mount in the factory rear deck locations)
3) one large amp or two smaller amps to drive 1&2
4) the wire and hardware to install 1-3
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.