E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Ask a Site Sponsor (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Russ needs tires, help a brotha out (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=768293)

russ330 05-31-2010 01:08 PM

Russ needs tires, help a brotha out
 
:hi:

The time has finally come to get a new set of tires for the M3. I don't need any fancy 200+ MPH capabale tires that are stick enough to drive up a wall. Don't need Bridgestone or Michellin F1 supercar racing rubber.

My M3 maxes out at 50 MPH for a 15 minute commute. I just need some cheap rubber that'll get me from A to B.

So what are my options? :)

Oh yeah, I have the standard 18" M3 wheels on my car.

Thanks.

Chris-TK 05-31-2010 01:16 PM

Sumitomo HTZ III

SL Blak Soldier 05-31-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisTKHarris (Post 11814532)
Sumitomo HTZ III

great choice. i just bought a set. i'm liking them so far.

Chris-TK 05-31-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SL Blak Soldier (Post 11814719)
great choice. i just bought a set. i'm liking them so far.

How would you rate them? I've had a couple sets of Generals that have been pretty good, but I've heard the HTZ III's are better in every category.

howie 05-31-2010 02:20 PM

u're a brotha...????

Pee'Relli, Nexxen, Wally, what u want bro? I got da hook up, holla if ya hear me!

SL Blak Soldier 05-31-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisTKHarris (Post 11814722)
How would you rate them? I've had a couple sets of Generals that have been pretty good, but I've heard the HTZ III's are better in every category.

i can't compare to generals, since i've never had 'em, but compared to my old ventus r-s2's they are pretty similar. i haven't really been able to drive the piss out of my car yet (just put a system in so all the shiet is in the trunk movin' around), but from normal driving they feel great. Also they don't slip as much when i chirp gears. grip very well in straight lines.

Rotha 05-31-2010 03:11 PM

hey russ, see if you can go gank some lightly used tires from behind a dealership.

I do that a lot. Trading noise and comfort for actually having tires.

russ330 06-01-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisTKHarris (Post 11814532)
Sumitomo HTZ III

I just ordered some, if they suck, you're getting banned. :neener:

j/k :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by howie (Post 11814730)
u're a brotha...????

Only on some days

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotha (Post 11814922)
hey russ, see if you can go gank some lightly used tires from behind a dealership.

I do that a lot. Trading noise and comfort for actually having tires.

That's pretty clever, unfortunately I don't want to drive an hour away to the nearest dealership. I'll keep that in mind in the future, when I move out of this place. :thumbup:

howie 06-02-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russ330 (Post 11818663)
I just ordered some, if they suck, you're getting banned. :neener:

how much $


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use