E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Ask a Site Sponsor (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Gruppe-M intake filter- Current owners take heed (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=769567)

BimmaBwoy 06-05-2010 11:03 PM

Gruppe-M intake filter- Current owners take heed

Let's see who can get to me first.. I need just the filter for a Gruppe-M intake for my '03 325i (M56). The one I currently own is badly damaged. K&N exclusively sells these to Gruppe-M and doesn't have it available to the public. I once contacted Gruppe-M in asia somewhere however it was going to cost me something rediculous in pricing which I could purchase an entirely new intake for that amount which I found rediculous. So long story short can anyone here provide a filter and pricing?? I really like the Gruppe-M intake and had it for years and love the sound sooo changing isn't an option anymore.

Current gruppe-m owners who clean and recharge their filters should take note at some point in time you will probably be where I am. I think/hope that all distributors start stocking these or at least provide a service to get these anytime owners start requesting these.

I really hope someone will be able to help me out.:thumbup:

aggieE46 06-05-2010 11:43 PM

I had to buy mine and have it shipped in from Japan. I bought it from the GruppeM website.

The intake isn't worth it, btw. You can do better.

itsskoop 06-05-2010 11:54 PM

i'm still looking for one, myself.

MissionSk8r21 06-06-2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsskoop (Post 11837860)
i'm still looking for one, myself.

same here :-(

BimmaBwoy 06-07-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggieE46 (Post 11837829)
I had to buy mine and have it shipped in from Japan. I bought it from the GruppeM website.

The intake isn't worth it, btw. You can do better.

Thanks for the input however mind sharing some insight on what intake you are referring to? Also how much did you end up spending to get it shipped here to the U.S. if you recall. The reason why I like the Gruppe M is that with my Vorsteiner hood I don't have to worry about my filter getting wet. Other CAI's such as AFE, replica Gruppe-M's and K&N's own CAI not the best application. I'm open for suggestions though. Please keep in mind that I have an M56 SULEV motor so most manufacturer's haven't produced (didn't waste their time) in making performance parts for my motor type. Please if you have another suggestion though I much rather get a better performing CAI than the one I currently own.

BimmaBwoy 06-07-2010 10:54 AM

Went on their american site and for anyone asking:

http://www.gruppem.co.jp/en/index.php
Model number of the filter I believe I need is:
FR-0985A
Cost: $200 US

You can order online thru their online store. If there are any sponsors which can provide a better time of receipt than their 2-3 week ship time I would like to order from you instead of waiting that time to get this. Please let me know if you can accomodate.

BimmaBwoy 06-08-2010 10:28 AM

bump any sponsors have Gruppe-M replacement filters?

JCsE46 06-19-2010 07:52 PM

I need one too. I'm also looking for a replacement filter for my GruppeM ram air intake. I have to place back my stock intake until I can find one. Does Modbargain sells these conical shape air filters? Hey Mike from ModBargain, do you?

itsskoop 06-21-2010 05:06 PM

bump!

budman 06-21-2010 06:36 PM

samir used to be the hookup.. not sure if he is still around

carcus 06-21-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BimmaBwoy (Post 11843440)
Thanks for the input however mind sharing some insight on what intake you are referring to? Also how much did you end up spending to get it shipped here to the U.S. if you recall. The reason why I like the Gruppe M is that with my Vorsteiner hood I don't have to worry about my filter getting wet. Other CAI's such as AFE, replica Gruppe-M's and K&N's own CAI not the best application. I'm open for suggestions though. Please keep in mind that I have an M56 SULEV motor so most manufacturer's haven't produced (didn't waste their time) in making performance parts for my motor type. Please if you have another suggestion though I much rather get a better performing CAI than the one I currently own.

I had a Gruppe M on my M56, later sold it and went with a Dinan airbox. Any 330 intake will fit the 325 M56. The M56 intake to the MAF is the same size as the 330, just remember that.:thumbsup: Hope this helps.

BimmaBwoy 06-22-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcus (Post 11904258)
I had a Gruppe M on my M56, later sold it and went with a Dinan airbox. Any 330 intake will fit the 325 M56. The M56 intake to the MAF is the same size as the 330, just remember that.:thumbsup: Hope this helps.

Thanks for the insight!!! That would explain why K&N and every other CAI manufacturer kept getting this wrong. How have you liked the Dinan Airbox? Did you have to get the software to go along with it? If so did you get the 330 software or the 325 software. I could've sworn that Dinan didn't make one for the m56 as I looked into that option before.

carcus 06-22-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BimmaBwoy (Post 11906757)
Thanks for the insight!!! That would explain why K&N and every other CAI manufacturer kept getting this wrong. How have you liked the Dinan Airbox? Did you have to get the software to go along with it? If so did you get the 330 software or the 325 software. I could've sworn that Dinan didn't make one for the m56 as I looked into that option before.

I have the Dinan Stage II for 325 programming on my M56. No issues with the install. I like the Dinan airbox because it gives me a safer feeling with the vented GTR hood. There was another thread about trying to get a replacement Gruppe M filter a few years ago. Not sure if they had a part number in the thread though.

BimmaBwoy 06-23-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcus (Post 11909117)
I have the Dinan Stage II for 325 programming on my M56. No issues with the install. I like the Dinan airbox because it gives me a safer feeling with the vented GTR hood. There was another thread about trying to get a replacement Gruppe M filter a few years ago. Not sure if they had a part number in the thread though.

Ok so I get that you have the stage II programming for the 325i but did you go with the 330i dinan intake as the MAF is the same size for the 325i M56 or did you go with the 325i Dinan intake and is the MAF the same in this case? I just want to make sure i'm clear on what I'm getting.

Thanks,
Kern:bow:

Navin323i 06-30-2010 03:46 PM

Congrats on the new addition to your family, Kern.

Glad you were able to find a place that sells the filters.

Sharky06 11-08-2010 07:50 PM

Anyone find one of these for cheaper than 200 bucks? Its rediculously expensive for a filter.