E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Suspension & Braking (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Recommended Koni Yellow Setting? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=775379)

lllSupra 07-01-2010 12:40 PM

Recommended Koni Yellow Setting?

I just ordered some Koni Yellows to replace my blown oem shocks and I am currently running H&R Sports. I hear you have to remove the rear shocks to adjust the damper on them? Anyway I want it to be right upon my install so I don't have to mess with the rear. What would be the best street setup for handling? Full stiff? I don't mind a rough ride.

Also how much of an improvement in handling will I have compared to my blown oems? I've had blown shocks for so long I forgot what its like...

Edison@JleviSW 07-01-2010 01:35 PM

I wouldn't recommend adjusting it to full stiffness, running the shocks at the extremes can put excessive wear on the valving and cause them to fail prematurely. I typically recommend a middle setting but if you like it stiffer, then go with 3/4.

lllSupra 07-01-2010 02:12 PM

ok, thanks

CokMinusTheS54 07-12-2010 01:08 AM

Hey, Brian right? Did you get them in yet? I've got a set of rears coming in the mail. What did you end up setting them at and how is the ride? Their website said they have about 5 full turns of adjustability, or maybe it was 5 half turns

D-Rock 07-12-2010 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CokMinusTheS54 (Post 11982652)
Hey, Brian right? Did you get them in yet? I've got a set of rears coming in the mail. What did you end up setting them at and how is the ride? Their website said they have about 5 full turns of adjustability, or maybe it was 5 half turns

should be 5 full turns well mine are.

CokMinusTheS54 07-12-2010 02:12 AM

^whatdo you have yours set at? What springs are you running and how is the ride?

joneperry 07-12-2010 02:15 AM

ohh so how many shocks of yours were blown? did you drive around alot with blown shocks? and did a blown shock result in the car being lower on that wheel?

..reason im asking i noticed the right rear side being noticeably lower on my oem sport package suspension so im wondering if its a blown shock or broken spring

CokMinusTheS54 07-12-2010 02:24 AM

^ 3 of mine are blown and no the car isn't sittng at different heights, but idk maybe yours are F'd

now back to my setting question??

lllSupra 07-12-2010 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CokMinusTheS54 (Post 11982652)

Yo its Ryan, and no I haven't gotten them in yet... as far as the ride height being off that really shouldn't have anything to do with the shocks, sounds like a spring problem or something. Usually when shocks are blown the ride just gets horribly bouncy and ****.

CokMinusTheS54 07-12-2010 03:15 AM

Ah my bad, close though. Where did you order yours from? Tirerack? I ordered mine from ECS, their website said they had them in stock but I only ordered rears. I'll start with a half turn and see how that feels I guess then go from there

~Christian

Another BM 10-16-2010 04:29 PM

i think i blew my struts.. i had them at full stick and now it feels like i blew them... only had them 8 or 10 weeks

lllSupra 10-17-2010 07:15 PM

I have them in the middle setting front and rear, its a little stiffer in the front than the rear. Its perfect, it probably has to do with my stiff spring rates as well.