E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   UUC Stage II flywheel with which clutch? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=776641)

jblack03zhp 07-07-2010 09:44 PM

UUC Stage II flywheel with which clutch?

:hi:I'm looking into getting the UUC Stage II Flywheel for my 330i ZHP and I was wondering as to which clutch plate setup to use in conjunction with this:

Stage I performance organic
or
Stage III Multi-puck ceramic
or
OE M5

If there's anyone with any of these combo setups can you please give me a brief insight & opinion.

Also I'm planning to change out my tranny & engine mounts while I'm in there, any preferred brands or are they all about the same?

Thanks for the help guys

tinkwithanr 07-08-2010 10:54 AM

I just installed the stage 2 flywheel with the OEM M5 clutch and the car feels great. I can't compare it to a stock setup since I went from a steptronic to the 5-speed with this setup, but the clutch has a very nice weight to it and it drives great. I also can't comment on the Stage 1 performance clutch, but I've heard it's also very nice. The Stage 3 multi-puck will most definitely be overkill unless your planning on racing with it and make a lot more than stock power. It's engagement will be a lot more like an on/off switch, and it will also make a lot of noise.

TxZHP04 07-08-2010 11:56 AM

Don't think the M5 clutch is compatible with the 6-spd flywheel, you'll need to check with UUC about that. Of the options that I know will work, go with the performance organic. Avoid anything multi-puck on a daily street driven car.

As for engine mounts, the ONLY aftermarket mounts I can recommend for street duty are the BimmerWorld solid rubber mounts. They will add a little bit of noise and vibration over the stock fluid filled mounts so if that might bother you, just stick with stock. There are a couple of reviews of these and the near identical (except in price) Group N mounts around here that you can search out. For transmission mounts, I like the black neoprene UUC street mounts paired with the enforcer cups. I run the BW motor mounts with UUC transmission mounts and enforcers and they work very well together.

bigjae1976 07-10-2010 11:02 AM

I thought the 6sp UUC flywheels use the OEM E36 clutch?

I have the Vorshlag mounts...they do add some NVH. Not horrible but I could imagine that a lot of people wouldn't like it.

ECSTuning 07-12-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jblack03zhp (Post 11967147)
:hi:I'm looking into getting the UUC Stage II Flywheel for my 330i ZHP and I was wondering as to which clutch plate setup to use in conjunction with this:

Stage I performance organic
or
Stage III Multi-puck ceramic
or
OE M5

If there's anyone with any of these combo setups can you please give me a brief insight & opinion.

Also I'm planning to change out my tranny & engine mounts while I'm in there, any preferred brands or are they all about the same?

Thanks for the help guys

We offer the entire UUC catalog and you can see all of your options below...

Click HERE to order or for more information.
http://c1552172.cdn.cloudfiles.racks...80883_x600.jpg
*Photos for reference only*

I am personally running the Stage2 with the M5 cluch kit and love it! It's been on for several years now with out any trouble!

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Best,
Joe

TxZHP04 07-12-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECSTuningJoe (Post 11984492)
We offer the entire UUC catalog and you can see all of your options below...

I am personally running the Stage2 with the M5 cluch kit and love it! It's been on for several years now with out any trouble!

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Best,
Joe

Your web site doesn't indicate the M5 clutch kit applicability. If the pics are accurate, then the M5 clutch will not work with the OP's 6-spd transmission. The 6-spd transmission uses a 22 spline disc, not the 10 spline pictured.

tinkwithanr 07-12-2010 05:02 PM

^^ The 6-speed transmissions require at minimum the Performance Organic Clutches from UUC.

jblack03zhp 07-12-2010 07:00 PM

If the M5 clutch will not work with my 6spd tranny, should I go with the stage I organic? I should I look elsewhere for the clutch plate?

bigjae1976 07-12-2010 07:07 PM

From UUC's website...

This aluminum flywheel boasts the same great features as our first-generation flywheel, but is designed to use the pressure plate from the E36 M3 and UUC's custom sprung-hub clutch disk with a choice of various performance facings.

Again, 6sp does not use the M5 clutch.

cnotesdip 07-12-2010 07:36 PM

does the m5 clutch work on the m3 6 speed?