E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Love Line (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Dating someone different (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=778456)

IFX 07-15-2010 05:16 PM

Dating someone different

Guys, I was curious as to if any of you have ever dated someone who you didn't think you would?

I've been going with this chick now for awhile, and she likes to party drink etc.. Which is not my thing at all..I'm more of a laid back type. But I do love her, and she loves mee. (Or so we think right)

Do you guys think this is compatible? I mean obviously to an extent I guess it is, because we've been going steady for almost 2 years now.. But do you guys think I'm setting myself up for failure in the future? (Bear in mind, we do occasionally fight when she over-drinks, because sometimes I don't go to parties with her.. And you know how other guys are around drunk girls (this is reminding me of the jealousy thread) because we all know we (guys) can't trust another guy around a sober girl, let alone a tipsy one..

mvrk10256 07-15-2010 05:22 PM

it can work. i had this kind of situation fvck up badly in my life. but if the trust is there then you are all good.

SLVR JDM 07-15-2010 05:25 PM

How old are you both? If in college, it is likely a phase that will pass and could work out just fine. I dated a variety of girls in college. The party ones were fun but involved more drama IMO. They were also not the ones I saw myself with long term. Turns out, I settled down with one and got married, haha.

zikhkd 07-15-2010 08:58 PM

I used to drink/party 3-4x a week.. got serious with a girl that doesn't go out as much or drinks so I started to do the same. IMO Alcohol makes things pretty complicated if not handled correctly

kushy 07-15-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zikhkd (Post 11999261)
i used to drink/party 3-4x a week.. Got serious with a girl that doesn't go out as much or drinks so i started to do the same. imo alcohol makes things pretty complicated if not handled correctly

qft

NOVAbimmer 07-18-2010 04:48 AM

I was the partying type, my gf in college wasn't. She'd come out about once a week, the rest of the time I'd be out with one of my roommates.

We had lots of other problems, but the difference between partier and not didn't hurt us

M3Inline6 07-19-2010 01:38 PM

When I initially read the thread title, I thought that this thread might be about dating somebody that you normally wouldn't date due to attractiveness, etc. (..i.e...cool jock with a nerdy bookworm).

After reading further and realizing that this thread is about a difference in behavior/habits, my perspective becomes a bit skewed. My ex was a big drinker and loved to party. My personality is more laid back, observant and I don't consume alcohol. Our personalities clashed quite a bit because of her desire to drink and party (..which usually led to fights with other women or men, obnoxious/beligerent behavior, aggressiveness towards me, etc.). Only you will be able to determine if your differences are detrimental to the fabric of your relationship.

217Bimmer 07-19-2010 02:15 PM

dated a 9/10 once. i could only take so much ribbing from my friends before i had to drop her ugly ass like a bag of rocks and go back to strictly 10's. i suppose for some people it can work out to date someone different. not for me though.

IFX 07-20-2010 07:38 AM

m3inline, it sounds like your past relationship was a bit like mine.

I'm actually pretty sad to report now that last night we did break up..
Guess I jinxed myself by making this thread huh?