E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   BMW M3 - Recall E08EA03 (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=779485)

xcoolnessx 07-20-2010 03:53 PM

BMW M3 - Recall E08EA03

Hi guys,

Apparently there is a recall on E46 M3's that is some type of software upgrade for emissions that is tied to my DMV registration. :read::read: It is a free fix from the Dealer, however, since my car is HPF equipped stage 2.5, do I still bring it to them? LOL.. I mean.. I know I don't have CATs, and there is a piggy back AEM ecu and I dont' want their flash to jack anything up. Advise please!!

AAblown 07-20-2010 04:00 PM

dont go lol u dont need it

sfhondapilot 07-20-2010 04:02 PM

You will not be able to register you car without the slip from the dealership.

leletyM3 07-20-2010 04:03 PM

Kevin

I had the same recall when I had the VF S/C and the SA from the dealer told me not to do it so I didn't do it. From what I am understanding you have to submit a paper from the dealer stating that you have done the recal along with your DMV registration? Did the DMV requested this certificate along with your payment and registration renewal.

There was a tread on M3F and there were ppl that did the recall but the DMV never requested this certificate for the recall, and this was last year .... unless they have changed things again you didn't have to submit anything with the DMV.

leletyM3 07-20-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfhondapilot (Post 12015913)
You will not be able to register you car without the slip from the dealership.

Mhhh I thought you didn't have to submit anything :eek:

Forcefed M3 07-20-2010 04:49 PM

I did it when I had vf. They reflashed my dme unit, good thing my vf software was hid so well. Even the reflash missed it.. Lol. Seriously don't worry about it, if BMW wants to help it's clients how about lifetime warranty on the sub frame!

funkboy316 07-20-2010 04:53 PM

if you have to get the flash to register your car then do it, it wont hurt anything. i emailed Chris after i got my car back from them, I wanted to flash my car back with my shark injector to remove the top speed limiter. he told me it was no problem and wouldnt hurt anything. i dont see this being any different at all.

the only thing i did was unplug the AEM harness at the box just in case, chris didnt even tell me to do that, it just made me feel better....lol

MSpired 07-20-2010 04:56 PM

Just tell your adviser to pretend to flash it and give you the piece of paper saying it's done.

xcoolnessx 07-20-2010 05:10 PM

Hmm... I have until mid Sept. Since I have access to a shop, I'm just going to get an invoice saying that recall E08EA03 emissions flash completed and send a check for the registration. Hopefully the DMV rep will just process it. If not, i'll do the Dealer route. :)