E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   BMW News from around the Web (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Interior Upgrade - Shift Style Alcantara shift and ebrake boot (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=786566)

tim330i 08-20-2010 08:37 PM

Interior Upgrade - Shift Style Alcantara shift and ebrake boot

Having owned my M3 for just over a year now and going on my ninth year owning an E46 (8 glorious years with my 330i before the M) the office, or interior while supremely functional does start to feel a bit old hat. The M3 does have a nicer interior than the 330i did but its all about the same and I was bored with it. Not only was I bored but "someone" seems to have spilled some coffee on the ebrake boot and the shift boot was full of dirt.

To cure my interior blues and feed the ever present mod bug I ordered up a matching set shift and ebrake boot from ShiftStyle.com. The boots are made out of alcantara and have a very cool silver accent stitching to them. The quality is top notch as is the installed fit and finish and they've creatively made the bottom elastic so they slip right over the stock plastic frames meaning you can avoid making mess with glue! Check out my full do it yourself installation for all the details.

Its not a full make over of the interior by any means but its a surprisingly noticeable difference. Even my car-indifferent friend noticed that I had done something to the interior and that's saying something! If you're looking to make your E46 interior unique a set of matching boots from Shift Style is a great start and the quality and materials are up to BMW's standard so they look right at home, yet still standing out enough to say, hey, this E46 is owned by a Fanatic!

Shift boots from Shift Style
www.ShiftStyle.com
info@ShiftStyle.com

So Lowww 08-21-2010 09:11 PM

Nice!
What is that button behind the coin holder? :hmm:

StahlBlau3 08-21-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kk325xi (Post 12151745)
Nice!
What is that button behind the coin holder? :hmm:

007 Rocket Launcher Mod!!!! FTW

cak323i 08-22-2010 10:24 AM

That button behind the coin collector looks like a bluetooth pairing button.

miktrebla09 08-22-2010 02:18 PM

Ahah, my bad about the coffee, Tim :)

I at times let myself become lax on the no food rule in my car

BMW_Matt 08-22-2010 09:32 PM

http://thegentlemensblog.com/wp-cont...-story-bro.jpg

But srs note, does anyone have this installed with pics with the M shifter? Or ZHP

Devious21 08-25-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim330i (Post 12149143)
Having owned my M3 for just over a year now and going on my ninth year owning an E46 (8 glorious years with my 330i before the M) the office, or ...

Tim, is that stitching Light Gray? Checking out the site now :eeps:

tim330i 08-26-2010 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miktrebla09 (Post 12153592)
Ahah, my bad about the coffee, Tim :)

I at times let myself become lax on the no food rule in my car

:rofl: Good to see you around here still :) It was my fault, or maybe the GF....lets blame it on her (and hope that she never sees this :eeps: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devious21 (Post 12168351)
Tim, is that stitching Light Gray? Checking out the site now :eeps:

Yep, it matches the exterior :pimpin:

cak323i 08-26-2010 04:56 PM

Tim, looks good!

mkcman17 08-29-2010 06:39 AM

i will vouch for these boots. i got an M stitched one in my e30 and get lots of comments on it.

CJBrick 11-21-2010 10:26 PM

Does anyone have this installed on an automatic zhp?

romancommander 08-04-2011 09:09 AM

How long did it take to receive this by mail? I ordered mine a month ago and still have not received it. (However I am located in Canada).

ComCool 08-05-2011 03:15 AM

Shift Style take like weeks just to answer an email. I went with Redline Goods. Great service and fast shipping. And I'm in Europe. :thumbsup:

mbgt72 08-16-2011 01:00 PM

I'm sorry to bump an old thread, but I've been trying to get in touch with Shift Style for over a month now with no response, and in another week's time, my parts will have been missing for two months time. I have received no return email since June 23rd, and shipped my product via USPS on June 28th. I have tried NUMEROUS times to contact them both via email and their contact form on their site. At this time I don't even care if they send me the alcantra boot, I just want my oem parts back as the cost to replace each part with new oem parts is going to be very pricy!

I sent my Shift Boot, Shift Knob & Shift Surround (oem carbon fiber) all to them so that I could have a alcantra Shift Boot Free (a program they do if they do not have your model in their database, which they didn't have one for my 2005 S4). I also shipped my E-Brake handle to have it wrapped and was expecting a bill for this to be done, which would be no problem as it was extra labor. But at this point, I have received NO response to any form of contact I have tried, and feel as a last resort I must track them down through forum posts. If nothing else, let this serve as a warning for anyone else looking to purchase through them or send their parts in as I did.

Thank you for your time and any help on the matter.

hardtop 08-16-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbgt72 (Post 13488334)
I'm sorry to bump an old thread, but I've been trying to get in touch with Shift Style for over a month now with no response, and in another week's time, my parts will have been missing for two months time. I have received no return email since June 23rd, and shipped my product via USPS on June 28th. I have tried NUMEROUS times to contact them both via email and their contact form on their site. At this time I don't even care if they send me the alcantra boot, I just want my oem parts back as the cost to replace each part with new oem parts is going to be very pricy!

I sent my Shift Boot, Shift Knob & Shift Surround (oem carbon fiber) all to them so that I could have a alcantra Shift Boot Free (a program they do if they do not have your model in their database, which they didn't have one for my 2005 S4). I also shipped my E-Brake handle to have it wrapped and was expecting a bill for this to be done, which would be no problem as it was extra labor. But at this point, I have received NO response to any form of contact I have tried, and feel as a last resort I must track them down through forum posts. If nothing else, let this serve as a warning for anyone else looking to purchase through them or send their parts in as I did.

Thank you for your time and any help on the matter.

Same here: I ordered a shift boot and matching e-brake boot about a month ago, and have tried numerous times to contact them about when they will be shipping my order, as their website still says payment received... I am becoming quite irritated by their customer service :censor:

500rwhp 09-07-2011 08:59 PM

ttt any luck guys?

If shift style is d*cking people around, we all need to know about it

romancommander 09-08-2011 02:41 PM

No luck yet. I have given up on them and I presume I will not hear back from them or get my product...

500rwhp 09-08-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romancommander (Post 13564924)
No luck yet. I have given up on them and I presume I will not hear back from them or get my product...

they have a facebook page... I would have blown it up by now if I were you...
I hate it for you guys...

hardtop 09-11-2011 02:10 AM

I got my parts about a month after ordering. It came from some unrecognizable european country. The shift and ebrake boots are actually really nice, they just took forever to come.