E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Suspension & Braking (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Koni FSD with H&R race. (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=791463)

mhagley323 09-12-2010 09:02 PM

Koni FSD with H&R race.

First of all I did plenty of searching and I know there are tons of threads on this. I'm getting ready to replace a good bit of the suspension and want to make sure my choices sound good. Thinking about the KONI FSD shocks paired with H&R's Race spring. How do long does that set up last in comparison to stock sport susp. I've heard of the tein springs only lasting about a year. Any other suggestions that are within my current price range for a good drop as well as performance with out awful ride quality.

mhagley323 09-13-2010 09:13 AM

or Eibach springs intead? Sponsors chime in please. Looking to purchase first of October and they've been on back order in the past so hopefully a little in advance.

Edison@JleviSW 09-13-2010 11:44 AM

Hi Matt,

I believe your friend Rooz sent me your info but the Koni shocks are warrantied for as long as you own the car. They are designed to outlast the life of the car so you should not have to replace them like you do with the OE shocks.

MJM Distributing 09-13-2010 01:59 PM

You absolutely and positively *DO NOT* want to run H&R Race Springs (or any Race Springs for that matter) with KONI FSD Shocks. The FSDs are not valved for an aggressively rated spring and have only been approved for use by KONI to run with mildly rated springs like the Pro-Kit Springs from Eibach. You can probably get away with using something like an H&R OE Sport (and *maybe* H&R Sport) with the FSDs, but you definitely do not want to do it with Race Springs. If you decide to, not only is it not going to ride as good, but if you do run them with H&R Race Springs and decide to warranty them should you have to (with is probably inevitable with that combo - especially with aggressive driving), KONI is not going to honor the warranty (if indeed you tell them what springs you're using with them). If you're dead set on running FSDs - then use Eibach Pro-Kit Springs. If you're dead set on running H&R Race Springs, then run them with KONI or Bilstein Sport Shocks. We're a direct Warehouse Distributor for KONI, Eibach, and H&R, and can give you some one-one-one consultation on your suspension and what might work best for you based on your driving, if you need it some help. Feel free to PM us with any questions.

mhagley323 09-13-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJM Distributing (Post 12235263)
You absolutely and positively *DO NOT* want to run H&R Race Springs (or any Race Springs for that matter) with KONI FSD Shocks. The FSDs are not valved for an aggressively rated spring and have only been approved for use by KONI to run with mildly rated springs like the Pro-Kit Springs from Eibach. You can probably get away with using something like an H&R OE Sport (and *maybe* H&R Sport) with the FSDs, but you definitely do not want to do it with Race Springs. If you decide to, not only is it not going to ride as good, but if you do run them with H&R Race Springs and decide to warranty them should you have to (with is probably inevitable with that combo - especially with aggressive driving), KONI is not going to honor the warranty (if indeed you tell them what springs you're using with them). If you're dead set on running FSDs - then use Eibach Pro-Kit Springs. If you're dead set on running H&R Race Springs, then run them with KONI or Bilstein Sport Shocks. We're a direct Warehouse Distributor for KONI, Eibach, and H&R, and can give you some one-one-one consultation on your suspension and what might work best for you based on your driving, if you need it some help. Feel free to PM us with any questions.

I was unaware the fsd's couldn't be paired well with a race spring. My only concern was not a lot of drop with the eibach sport spring. My buddy has this set up on his previous car and if i remember correctly the drop was minimal, especially in the rear. Any pics or comments from current users?

Edison@JleviSW 09-13-2010 06:26 PM

Here are some shots on a 330 of the Pro Kit:

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6...ti03768db3.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1...ti04768kr7.jpg

mhagley323 09-14-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW (Post 12236311)

Nick thanks again for the help. Everything looks great. I won't be ordering until the first of october. Set the kit aside for me :D

mhagley323 09-14-2010 04:06 PM

Also thought i'd ask. Im going to need new shock mounts as well as strut mounts and bushings. Can you help me out with this as well bud?

Edison@JleviSW 09-14-2010 06:55 PM

Absolutely, we can package together replacement rear shock mounts and control arm bushings which are both suggested as you replace the suspension.

mhagley323 09-14-2010 07:42 PM

i replaced the RCABs less than 2000 miles ago. All i need is strut mounts and bearings, as well as shock mounts.

EDIT:sorry i didn't mean to put in bushings in the original post.

Tuhis 10-31-2010 02:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of mine with FSDs and Eibach Pro-Kits. The drive is awesome.