E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ///Official BMW Performance Intake & Strut Bar & Everything Else Thread (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=796468)

N89 10-06-2010 08:34 PM

///Official BMW Performance Intake & Strut Bar & Everything Else Thread
 
Update:

I ended up just ordering the BMW Performance Intake & CF Strut Bar, engine bay should look badass :D

I got it from Faulkner BMW / BMWPartsSource.com (cheaper than tischer)
http://e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796407

Sansho 10-06-2010 08:36 PM

While price isn't to be a factor ... Tischer just dropped the price on the BMW Performance Intake ... $315 now

iansanderson 10-06-2010 08:43 PM

OEM performance.

millions of dollars at their disposal for R&D. i'm sure it's beautifully designed, works great and provides a result.

Au2bahn 10-06-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sansho (Post 12318831)
While price isn't to be a factor ... Tischer just dropped the price on the BMW Performance Intake ... $315 now


Sweet!!! Guess what Im buying tonight. The carbon strut brace in now $295 as well. Damnit!!! I thought I got a good deal for $350 over the summer.

OrientBlau 10-06-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estrellajon (Post 12318867)
Sweet!!! Guess what Im buying tonight. The carbon strut brace in now $295 as well. Damnit!!! I thought I got a good deal for $350 over the summer.

Wow.. That's quite a price drop. They used to be $1k!!! I guess BMW has to move them as the e46 ages... Fortuitous for all!


Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

Au2bahn 10-06-2010 08:53 PM

^^ Yep. I figure it will be just a matter of time since no sane person will pay full price. Unless you're a baller of course.

N89 10-06-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iansanderson (Post 12318852)
OEM performance.

millions of dollars at their disposal for R&D. i'm sure it's beautifully designed, works great and provides a result.

That's what I'm thinking, if anyone can get power out of the engine it's them, since they built it....

N89 10-06-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sansho (Post 12318831)
While price isn't to be a factor ... Tischer just dropped the price on the BMW Performance Intake ... $315 now

Exactly :eeps:

Au2bahn 10-06-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N89 (Post 12318909)
Exactly :eeps:


I figured you were being shady by comparing NOW similar priced items.

N89 10-06-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estrellajon (Post 12318929)
I figured you were being shady by comparing NOW similar priced items.

What?

RAFF112 10-06-2010 09:10 PM

OEM BMW Performance

N89 10-07-2010 06:37 PM

I ended up just ordering the BMW Performance Intake & CF Strut Bar, engine bay should look badass :D

david @ eas 10-07-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N89 (Post 12322835)
I ended up just ordering the BMW Performance Intake & CF Strut Bar, engine bay should look badass :D

Get some pictures when you get a chance... I would love to see all that ;)

DSpencer18 10-07-2010 06:40 PM

can I get a link to the bmw performance intake? Would that be my stock intake?

N89 10-07-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSpencer18 (Post 12322853)
can I get a link to the bmw performance intake? Would that be my stock intake?

No, it wasn't stock on any car, and for the longest it retailed around $995 dollars, you can get it for just above $300 which rivals a lot of the other aftermarket CAI applications. I figured I loved the look and that if anyone could get power out of one of the engine with one it's BMW since they made it.

I got it from Faulkner BMW / BMWPartsSource.com
http://e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796407

It looks like this:

http://www.bimmersclinicinc.com/webs...ance-brace.jpg


Quote:

Originally Posted by jurrian @ eas (Post 12322847)
Get some pictures when you get a chance... I would love to see all that ;)

I'll definitely be posting pics when I get them on :D:thumbsup:
It would look even better with my Auroras though... :eeps:

genuity 10-07-2010 07:38 PM

$275 all this month at bmwmercedesparts.com aka Husker Auto Group. This month they are featuring employee pricing for all...10% above cost :thumbsup:

Time to load up on genuine parts for my projects :thumbsup:

Can someone take pics of the inside of that airbox. What is the difference between it and stock? I cannot tell much from the outside.

Does the regular air filter fit it? What is the filter element it uses. I only see pics of the outside everywhere. :(

EDIT: realoem pics don't do justice!

N89 10-07-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genuity (Post 12323089)
$275 all this month at bmwmercedesparts.com aka Husker Auto Group. This month they are featuring employee pricing for all...10% above cost :thumbsup:

Time to load up on genuine parts for my projects :thumbsup:

Can someone take pics of the inside of that airbox. What is the difference between it and stock? I cannot tell much from the outside.

Does the regular air filter fit it? What is the filter element it uses. I only see pics of the outside everywhere. :(

I'll post pics when I get it, oh and Faulkner does 10% above cost all of the time.

P.S. I've seen it compared to the Dinan box but I'm not sure if that's accurate, you can definitely see an additional inlet for air and at a retail of $1000 I'm sure it has to differ significantly from the stock box.

David328Ci 10-07-2010 07:43 PM

Anyone know if the BMW performance strut brace will fit the e46 m3?

Low Level 10-07-2010 07:46 PM

Does it also make more noise (in addition to power) ?

N89 10-07-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David328Ci (Post 12323103)
Anyone know if the BMW performance strut brace will fit the e46 m3?

I've heard it won't because of the lower profile, if you look at an M3 bar you'll notice the middle is significantly higher than the ends, I'm assuming that's to clear the engine and accommodate the power dome.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use