E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Where can I get roof rack ? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=799673)

Krystian_E46 10-20-2010 11:17 PM

Where can I get roof rack ?
 
Hey i've been looking for some roof racks for a while, i prefer some used ones but i know no one will be selling theirs fast, so is there any websites or some stores i can get a roof rack for one of my e46's, i would like either oem or thule or yakima.

Someone please let me know :)

Charlz--<323I>-- 10-20-2010 11:29 PM

Thule 753 with Yakima diffuser.:drool: Or OEM with Yak Diff. I like the Thule rack because it has a lower profile. As far a an answer to you ? . I picked mine up used off of craigs for $100. GL

Krystian_E46 10-20-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlz--<323I>-- (Post 12373336)
Thule 753 with Yakima diffuser.:drool: Or OEM with Yak Diff. I like the Thule rack because it has a lower profile. As far a an answer to you ? . I picked mine up used off of craigs for $100. GL

damn :( lucky find, but yeah ive looked everywhere cant find anything used !

Krystian_E46 10-22-2010 09:38 AM

:bump:

R1200RT 10-22-2010 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found some BMW racks in a local posted ad. Lady had returned her 335 lease and was selling the racks for $75. I gave her $80, and she did not have any change. There were a pair of BMW all weather front mats in perfect condition sitting in her garage, I asked her how much she wanted for them? She said how about the rack and mats for $80? I was a happy man.:thumbsup:

How about placing a wanted ad in your local craig's list?

Krystian_E46 10-24-2010 10:32 PM

:bump:

LiNk504 10-25-2010 12:34 AM

i got a thule rack at backcountry.com. i got my entire setup for around 50% off too but thats just because my brother worked for them and got an awesome employees discount.

http://www.backcountry.com/thule-bmw...y-rack-locking

ZZen330 10-25-2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R1200RT (Post 12380188)
Found some BMW racks in a local posted ad. Lady had returned her 335 lease and was selling the racks for $75. I gave her $80, and she did not have any change. There were a pair of BMW all weather front mats in perfect condition sitting in her garage, I asked her how much she wanted for them? She said how about the rack and mats for $80? I was a happy man.:thumbsup:

How about placing a wanted ad in your local craig's list?

So the same rack fits the 335 e90/92 and the e46?

M00P 10-25-2010 02:00 AM

There's eBay. And have you tried craiglook.com? It let's you search all of CL nationwide.

ECSTuning 10-25-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krystian_E46 (Post 12373277)
Hey i've been looking for some roof racks for a while, i prefer some used ones but i know no one will be selling theirs fast, so is there any websites or some stores i can get a roof rack for one of my e46's, i would like either oem or thule or yakima.

Someone please let me know :)

We have Genuine OEM BMW Base Support Bars available below, along with multiple accessories.

Click HERE for more information.
http://c1552172.cdn.cloudfiles.racks...17789_x600.jpg

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Best,
Joe

Jmanscotch 10-25-2010 04:28 PM

OEM - Brand new - $195 - http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

Order some other stuff you need (oil, air filter, etc) and make it worth it.

ZZen330 10-26-2010 08:21 PM

What's the difference between 82710415054 and 82710142220 ??? They both seem to be the same base rack for e46. Which is the correct one? Has one replaced the other?

Thanks.

ZZen330 10-28-2010 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZen330 (Post 12392863)
What's the difference between 82710415054 and 82710142220 ??? They both seem to be the same base rack for e46. Which is the correct one? Has one replaced the other?

Thanks.

:bump:

ZZen330 10-28-2010 04:29 AM

Ok found the answer finally.

82710415054 is "for cars with roof railing/crossmembers".

82710142220 is for e46/4 sedan

82710142221 is for e46/2 coupe

82710144371 is for e46/3 touring

I always thought the same rack is used for coupe or sedan?

Jmanscotch 10-28-2010 08:42 AM

Via realoem.com

82710415054 Fits:

E46 320i Sedan
E46 323Ci Coupe
E46 323Ci Convertible
E46 323i Touring
E46 323i Sedan
E46 325Ci Coupe
E46 325Ci Convertible
E46 325i Sedan
E46 325i Touring
E46 325xi Touring
E46 325xi Sedan
E46 328Ci Coupe
E46 328i Sedan
E46 330Ci Convertible
E46 330Ci Coupe
E46 330i Sedan
E46 330xi Sedan
E46 M3 Coupe
E46 M3 Convertible

82710142220 Fits:


E46 320i Sedan
E46 323i Sedan
E46 325i Sedan
E46 325xi Sedan
E46 328i Sedan
E46 330i Sedan
E46 330xi Sedan

ZZen330 10-28-2010 02:15 PM

So which one can I use? I thought e46 sedan and coupe can use the same rack but Realoem tells me this:

82710142220 is for e46/4 (sedan)

82710142221 is for e46/2 (coupe)

I can find 2220 for cheaper. Is it the same rack maybe with different instruction insert? Am I perfectly fine with 2220 or must i get 2221? Can a BMW parts guru assist?

Thanks

Oh and 82710415054 is "for cars with roof railing/crossmembers" so won't work for me.

franz 10-28-2010 02:54 PM

Please get the Thule 753.

xavi330i 10-28-2010 03:11 PM

Rack diffusers are ghey.

OEM is the way to go.

ZZen330 10-28-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franz (Post 12400244)
Please get the Thule 753.

Thule 753 is great I'm sure but fugly and more expensive.

The UK offers the 753 but with aero bars instead of the black square bars but can't get them in N.A. See option D here: http://www.roofracks.co.uk/fitments/...e_fp_99_05.htm

Anyone? 82710142220 or 82710142221 will either work with a coupe

Bimmerman330 10-29-2010 03:44 PM

here is a great deal on snowboard rack holders. http://www.departmentofgoods.com/inn...ersal-ski-rack


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use