E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Decisions between wheels.... (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=803161)

///M3Risto 11-07-2010 09:10 AM

Decisions between wheels....
 
I'm sure someone has the SSR SP1's but what I'm trying to look for here is a cabrio (preferably jet black) with a set of these puppies on them...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...Hc467ZmBPgPso=

I'm really going for the 5-spoke look as it appeals to me more IMO. I'm also interested in the DPE SP-5's...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...w_ENqIirK5cLQ=

$$ wise, I don't really want to go beyond 6K for the wheels alone...so hopefully this narrows it down.

Unless anyone else here has better suggestions and pics of the 5 spoke pattern on their beloved M, please share...thanks! :D

2000_328CI 11-07-2010 09:32 AM

Dpe > *

///M3Risto 11-07-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_328CI (Post 12436728)
Dpe > *

Thanks 2000, but do you have any other suggestions other than the 2 sets of wheels I posted?

M5chaser 11-07-2010 10:12 AM

I think your second option, the 5-spoke, would be an excellent choice.

captain13 11-07-2010 10:21 AM

+1 second option... If your budget is 6K have you thought of other wheel options? Its a pretty big budget lol

JJR4884 11-07-2010 10:21 AM

DPE all the way.... those SSR's are nice, but IMO they scream modding circa 2002... definitely old school, still nice, but rims have come a long way since then

///M3Risto 11-07-2010 11:32 AM

Thanks for all the advice everyone....just curious though, does anyone still rock the SP1's? I'd like to see what they look like on a vert...or the SP-5's? Or anything else in this category?

///M3Risto 11-07-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain13 (Post 12436797)
+1 second option... If your budget is 6K have you thought of other wheel options? Its a pretty big budget lol

Yeah...I've been doing the research online...and saw the BBS LM's...which everyone seems to have (when your pockets are full!) I haven't seen to many 3er's with 5 spoke wheels....especially around my area. But the DPE's are a pretty penny, (still within budget though)...again, does anyone have pics of either the SP1's or the SP-5's on their ride?:help:

Levim9 11-07-2010 04:24 PM

I like the five spoke style on E46s, the DPE wheels look like a good choice.

JJR4884 11-07-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///M3Risto (Post 12436930)
Yeah...I've been doing the research online...and saw the BBS LM's...which everyone seems to have (when your pockets are full!) I haven't seen to many 3er's with 5 spoke wheels....especially around my area. But the DPE's are a pretty penny, (still within budget though)...again, does anyone have pics of either the SP1's or the SP-5's on their ride?:help:

if you like 5 star, look up ssr gt-10's... not to many peopla have them, not sure if too many people like them, but i think they look so sick on an e46

2000_328CI 11-07-2010 07:12 PM

For what it's worth, I prefer mesh styled rims for the e46.

JJR4884 11-07-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_328CI (Post 12438100)
For what it's worth,

you should start every thread off like this

;)

///M3Risto 11-07-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJR4884 (Post 12438147)
you should start every thread off like this

;)

Yeah, I'll definitely consider that next time (especially considering I'm new to threads)...I'm finally catching up to the 21st century :rofl: but I did check out those SSR GT-10's and you've made a good point...they do look good!

I'm actually now more lost between the GT-10's and the DPE's!:hmm:

Dumb question....how do you size your image after you post w/ modified text?

http://photos.performanceix.com/view...e624e021&ptn=1
06' JB/B E46 M3 Vert and 06' JB/B E65

///M3Risto 11-07-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_328CI (Post 12438100)
For what it's worth, I prefer mesh styled rims for the e46.

Don't get me wrong...I've actually considered BBS CH-R's as well as BBS LM's...VMR V710's were also an option, but all my previous cars that I've ever modified have had 5-spoke wheels...I'm basing this solely on tradition and preference....I guess it's something about how the star pattern appeals to me...It wouldn't hurt to tread into new waters but, again...my instincts are telling me to go with what I know and what I like.

http://photos.performanceix.com/view...e624e021&ptn=1
06' JB/B E46 M3 Vert and 06' JB/B E65

///M3Risto 11-08-2010 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_328CI (Post 12438100)
For what it's worth, I prefer mesh styled rims for the e46.

Not to sound too hypocritical...but I did do the math on the BBS LM's (WITH TIRES) which would be my first choice if I do decide to go mesh...and they're still within budget....any other set of wheels out there that you would recommend above the BBS LM's?

http://photos.performanceix.com/view...e624e021&ptn=1
06' JB/B E46 M3 Vert and 06' JB/B E65

tesko.pk 11-08-2010 11:58 AM

BBS CX-R's!

///M3Risto 11-08-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesko.pk (Post 12440636)
BBS CX-R's!

Thanks for the advice tesko...I do like the fact that CX-R's resemble the OEM CSL (aside from the break in form on the face of the rim and the two tone) but IMO I also think that they break up the flow of the rim in two tone which actually takes away from the "mesh" look that I'm trying to achieve...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...1Mot0gxjA3TsQ=

idk...does anyone else agree or am I seeing things?

http://photos.performanceix.com/view...e624e021&ptn=1
06' JB/B E46 M3 Vert and 06' JB/B E65

tesko.pk 11-09-2010 03:03 AM

Picture worth a thousand words.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1971/17032009341.jpg

IMO, it'll depend on your brake setup and the lighting you look at them under. The background of big fat rotors from a BBK would provide more contrast to the two-tone wheels for sure.

Check out the BBS BS CS if you're set on silver wheels; maybe these are more your style.
http://www.webkey2.nl/leosautos/images2/BBS/cs_bs.jpg

///M3Risto 11-09-2010 03:44 AM

Picture worth a thousand words.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1971/17032009341.jpg

IMO, it'll depend on your brake setup and the lighting you look at them under. The background of big fat rotors from a BBK would provide more contrast to the two-tone wheels for sure.

Check out the BBS BS CS if you're set on silver wheels; maybe these are more your style.

tesko...I STAND CORRECTED! :bow: They look outstanding on (what I presume to be) your car! The 5-star pattern is starting to lose in this battle between 5-spoke and mesh....but, I am leaning more towards BBS LM's! I've seen plenty of them throughout this site, and it's not that I'm trying to be like everyone else...I just LOVE the way that they look on the M. I also love the contrast of diamond black and jet black to throw the color of the car a little bit off. The murder look is nice (when done right) but I really don't want to be "Knight Rider" in a cabrio. I was originally thinking of going with a black face to the set of wheels I decide to go with, and now the BBS LM's in diamond black(being that they are well within my budget w/ tires) are the strong suit. Unless of course someone else posts something that appeals more to me...:hmm: Thanks for all the feedback though...you've been a great help!

Also, how are the H&R springs? I'm not looking to drop my M too much, and I'm still trying to maintain somewhat of the same ride quality (an oxymoron for the e46 M), but I think you get what I'm saying here...
____________________________________________________________ _____
http://photos.performanceix.com/view...e624e021&ptn=1
06' JB/B E46 M3 Vert and 06' JB/B E65

tesko.pk 11-09-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///M3Risto (Post 12444222)
tesko...I STAND CORRECTED! :bow: They look outstanding on (what I presume to be) your car! The 5-star pattern is starting to lose in this battle between 5-spoke and mesh....but, I am leaning more towards BBS LM's! I've seen plenty of them throughout this site, and it's not that I'm trying to be like everyone else...I just LOVE the way that they look on the M. I also love the contrast of diamond black and jet black to throw the color of the car a little bit off. The murder look is nice (when done right) but I really don't want to be "Knight Rider" in a cabrio. I was originally thinking of going with a black face to the set of wheels I decide to go with, and now the BBS LM's in diamond black(being that they are well within my budget w/ tires) are the strong suit. Unless of course someone else posts something that appeals more to me...:hmm: Thanks for all the feedback though...you've been a great help!

Also, how are the H&R springs? I'm not looking to drop my M too much, and I'm still trying to maintain somewhat of the same ride quality (an oxymoron for the e46 M), but I think you get what I'm saying here...

Nope, not my ride actually! Pulled that pic off a Dutch forum.
I've got a non-m E46 sedan, non-sport pkg, so the H&R Springs were a substantial drop! Couldn't be happier with them, in all ways better than stock springs. It's a different world with an M3, so I can't attest to that I'm afraid.

On my car, these are my current summer wheels, OZ Ultraleggera, believe me, I'm a fan of a black car with silver wheels as well :thumbsup:

http://members.shaw.ca/azrael69/folkn24.JPG

Though I'm badly tempted to get some 18" OZ 35th Anniversary edition wheels for next season:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...Pics0001-1.jpg

(pic courtesy of a member on here IIRC)

OZ Superleggera might be more your thing?

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/5...02pict0024.jpg

You might be able to tell I'm a bit biased towards BBS and OZ wheels :rolleyes:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use