E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TMS E46 M3 solid differential mounts (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=803218)

InDiGlOM3 11-07-2010 03:43 PM

TMS E46 M3 solid differential mounts

Does anyone have these? Im looking to upgrade mine because the front mount is starting to fail. My main concern is if I get these solid mounts will I have added noise in the cab? or does the subframe bushings block the noise still?

FTWeisse 11-07-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InDiGlOM3 (Post 12437332)
Does anyone have these? Im looking to upgrade mine because the front mount is starting to fail. My main concern is if I get these solid mounts will I have added noise in the cab? or does the subframe bushings block the noise still?

I would just get OEM bushings again. Think how much abuse those bushings take especially with the power you make. All the energy your bushings absorb is going to be turned into vibration and noise. If it was a track-only car it would be one thing - but I'd never use solid bushings on a street car.

Blocked Out 11-07-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTWeisse (Post 12437581)
I would just get OEM bushings again. Think how much abuse those bushings take especially with the power you make. All the energy your bushings absorb is going to be turned into vibration and noise. If it was a track-only car it would be one thing - but I'd never use solid bushings on a street car.

Frame that statement.

TrippinBimmer 11-07-2010 11:42 PM

PowerFlex 90A Bushing FTW!

ryanwhite74115 11-08-2010 10:18 AM

Powerflex from Bimmerworld.

InDiGlOM3 11-08-2010 12:58 PM

Powerflex makes a e46 m3 "DIff" bushing kit?? I couldnt find anything from them.

TrippinBimmer 11-08-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InDiGlOM3 (Post 12440637)
Powerflex makes a e46 m3 "DIff" bushing kit?? I couldnt find anything from them.

Oh snap...overlooked it as for subframe :(

-TrippinBimmer

ryanwhite74115 11-08-2010 03:04 PM

Call up turner or bimmerworld...see what they are using????

FTWeisse 11-08-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InDiGlOM3 (Post 12440637)

That's the mistake everyone keeps making - everyone thinks you're talking about your subframe.

Food for thought - I'm not sure what Turner and Bimmerworld run, but I know of at least one team who runs alongside them in Grand-Am that uses only rubber bushings on their BMW racecar. I, too, only use rubber bushings on my racecar with the exception of billet aluminum/delrin combo subframe bushings.

If racecars can get away just fine with rubber, it shows you that street cars really don't need any solid or polyurethane bushings. If I was going to upgrade any bushings in my street car to "solid," it would be the subframe bushings - and I'd replace them with the billet aluminum/delrin combos - just like my racecar. Everything else would be kept rubber - especially the "moving" bits like FCABS, RTABS, and Differential bushings.

I just don't see the advantage of polyurethane. I've had them and I didn't notice any discernible difference.

Ultimately, the call is yours, but I honestly don't see the benefit.

Just my opinion, though.

Good luck :)

InDiGlOM3 11-08-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FTWeisse (Post 12441385)
That's the mistake everyone keeps making - everyone thinks you're talking about your subframe.

Food for thought - I'm not sure what Turner and Bimmerworld run, but I know of at least one team who runs alongside them in Grand-Am that uses only rubber bushings on their BMW racecar. I, too, only use rubber bushings on my racecar with the exception of billet aluminum/delrin combo subframe bushings.

If racecars can get away just fine with rubber, it shows you that street cars really don't need any solid or polyurethane bushings. If I was going to upgrade any bushings in my street car to "solid," it would be the subframe bushings - and I'd replace them with the billet aluminum/delrin combos - just like my racecar. Everything else would be kept rubber - especially the "moving" bits like FCABS, RTABS, and Differential bushings.

I just don't see the advantage of polyurethane. I've had them and I didn't notice any discernible difference.

Ultimately, the call is yours, but I honestly don't see the benefit.

Just my opinion, though.

Good luck :)

Its not really for the feeling or a notice in performance, just a wont go bad ever type of thing. My factory bushing, the center part got ripped free from the rubber.....so whats to say that wont happen again, the bushings isnt rotted at all so not sure why it happened. But I ordered the solid ones because Ive talked to a few others that say they dont hear it as long as the subframe bushings themselves arnt solid or delrin and they have the interior still in.