E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   My experience with ECS Tuning (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=806327)

Mau330i 11-22-2010 10:20 PM

My experience with ECS Tuning

I just want to share with all of you my experience with ECS,

I had an issue with a part a bought from them, and just a few hours after I wrote them explaining my problem they answer with a solution for me.

I think they have a great customer service and wanted to say thanks Thomas for helping me to solve my problem.

Thanks ECS, it was great doing business with you

bimminge46 11-22-2010 10:24 PM

thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

mkodama 11-22-2010 10:26 PM

They are one of my favorite companies to get stuff from. They have great pictures of a lot of common parts on their site, as well as I have also had good luck with their customer service. I was just ordering a $3 part one time, but they still took the effort to give me a call to tell me that I ordered something they didn't have in stock and helped me with my options.

jeffro3000 11-22-2010 11:54 PM

Been ordering most of my stuff from them for the past year or so. No complaints at all.

My325XI 11-23-2010 12:06 AM

I've used them several times. Great experience every time.

Avet4 11-23-2010 12:55 AM

I got my meyle hd control arms from them, they were the lowest price by a lot. Also if I didnt already have a UUC SSK I would have gotten the ECS kit in a heartbeat.

Jaundiced Outlook 11-23-2010 08:15 AM

Been buying parts from ECS for quite some time, for my wife's VW. I especially like the handy 5-liter jugs of Pentosin VW spec oil.

Got the wagon, and noticed, "Hey - they sell BMW parts, too!"

BimmerFerret 11-23-2010 08:25 AM

ECS is always very fast on shipping my orders and can offer some great deals on merchandise if you are willing to look.

However, some constructive criticism:
The shipping costs are high. Very high, for items that shouldn't be high at all. The picture below is an example. A basic bubble envelope would have been cheaper for both parties. The box contained that one part.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6949043_n.jpg

Top_Bunk 11-23-2010 08:31 AM

I've been impressed with ECS as well.

I placed the order for my FCABS with ECS in the afternoon, I believe it was around 3:00. They were delivered to me at 10:00AM the next day!

EDness 11-23-2010 08:42 AM

I've never had a problem with them. Ordered from them way back when i had my Audi. People stayed away from them after they had a credit card fiasco...charging people's CC randomly but that's 5-6 years ago. I actually just received an order from them last week.

jeffro3000 11-23-2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaundiced Outlook (Post 12496646)
I especially like the handy 5-liter jugs of Pentosin VW spec oil.

They do have a VERY nice selection of oil.

CapdYa 11-23-2010 09:04 AM

Always good to know.

Crawfo 11-23-2010 09:12 AM

I to just had a great experince with ECS. I had a issue with the AC Tensioner that I ordered and Ben did everything possible to make it right. They will definately get my business again.:thumbsup:

ECSTuning 11-23-2010 09:38 AM

Thank you for all of the kind words and for all of your orders!

We strive to bring the BMW & European auto community the most competitive prices, exciting and unique parts, as well as offer the best customer service around!

Thanks again everyone!

Best,
Joe

MyNeeds101 11-23-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECSTuningJoe (Post 12496803)
Thank you for all of the kind words and for all of your orders!

We strive to bring the BMW & European auto community the most competitive prices, exciting and unique parts, as well as offer the best customer service around!

Thanks again everyone!

Best,
Joe

Joe - you guys rock. I seem to be placing an order every two weeks with you. Always have the parts in 3 days. No one else touches that.

BUT... I think you should just thank BMW for all the orders and your customers for being educated shoppers.

Cheers
Matt

mth33 11-23-2010 02:08 PM

I bought the M3 rep. bumper, and one of the fog lights was broken. there was clearly something that punctured the box. I sent them a picture, and they had a set of new fog lights for me a week later.
i also really like chat function. very helpfull when your not 100% sure on a part.

Jmanscotch 11-23-2010 02:44 PM

I also find their service and part selection to be above the typical bar.

To be nit-picky, I agree with the gentleman who said sometimes their packaging/shipping is a bit much....that is about the only negative, so if your listening ECS...work on that if there is room to do so.

Also....how many local folks would be up for an actual store front you could shop at/pick up your parts at?! Even with fast shipping, I sometimes REALLY rather just drive 12 miles then wait a day...:)

I'm not saying it has to be fancy, maybe even just a setup where you can order the parts and know about when they'd be ready to pick up at a simply counter/receptionist setup...

catso 11-23-2010 05:12 PM

IMHO: Nice people to do business with!

Roxlo 11-23-2010 06:06 PM

Yup, always get my stuff from them (unless they don't have it, then its faulkner).

I love the fact that they have good pics/descriptions on everything. Other sites seem to lack that.

Only thing I could see them improve on, like others said, is shipping cost (not that other sites are great in that department either).

jjcools 11-23-2010 06:18 PM

I have nothing but good things to say about them also. I really like the fact that they are on the forums a lot offering advice and giving links to products that will work. I have an Audi and BMW and both get parts from ECS.