E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Sports Central (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   NBA Trades.... (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=811600)

@mir 12-18-2010 10:03 PM

NBA Trades....

Orlando just got stacked.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/12/18//...s=iref:nbahpt2

Camicia 12-18-2010 10:11 PM

It's win or break for them.
By the way, apprently they are not done with the trades...

'busa 12-18-2010 10:17 PM

Interesting. I'm not sure if they did well or not.

Novare330 12-18-2010 10:27 PM

orlando get some more offensive fire power, but it doesnt make them better

- they lost a lot on the defensive end by getting rid of pietrus, arguably one of their best defenders after dwight, jason richardson and gilbert arenas dont know the meaning of defense.

- you traded one bad contract for another (lewis and arenas)

- you got rid of one fragile player for one that has knees made of pretzel sticks and cotton candy (arenas)

- you now have two players who are shoot first minded, volume shooters that have never really been on a team where they have been able to coexist with another volume shooter.

- with the departure of lewis and gortat, your front court becomes thinner, you get turk back at the 4, who is softer than butter in the microwave, but outside of that, you have ryan andersen to back him up, and you slide brandon bass into the 5 to back up howard.

on the plus side, orlando does get more firepower, and the ability to run a faster style of offense.

E36Eric 12-19-2010 03:10 AM

Are they saving up for cp3? Jrich and agent zero. Lolz.

iwannagofast 12-19-2010 03:26 AM

ya i saw all of this wtf happend... i was at work for a lil while and i come home and alot of change happend... turd is back with the magic and so is agent 0... lewis is on the wizards... j rich moved... gortat is gone... wtf happend

i guess the heat struck fear in alot of other teams (joking lol)

endy 12-19-2010 04:04 AM

i'm sad for suns.. they didn't get sh!t and on steve nash's twitter: damn. he doesn't seem too happy.. jrich #2 option scoring on suns.. what a loss..

Azn328i 12-19-2010 06:54 AM

Pretty bad trade for the Magic I think.

They lost their biggest strength in dept with the loss of Gortat. His stats might not be impressive, but he plays VERY limited minutes and they're all solid.

Jrich is the best acquisition of the trade, he's clearly better than VC. Arenas is a slight improvement over Nelson. Hedo... I don't know. He fit better at SF on the Magic than as a PF.

This is definitely gonna be a hit or miss. The worst part is, of the players that were moved, the player the Magic traded away were the better defensive players. They got back some of the worst defensive players in the league.

GlockMan 12-19-2010 07:50 AM

I am sure Vince Carter is real happy since this is where he grew up and he just built a 20MM house here.

:banghead:

Novare330 12-19-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E36Eric (Post 12592266)
Are they saving up for cp3? Jrich and agent zero. Lolz.

not at all lol didnt even think of jrich's contract.... i guess they have two massive contracts right now

DylloS 12-19-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by endy (Post 12592353)
i'm sad for suns.. they didn't get sh!t and on steve nash's twitter: damn. he doesn't seem too happy.. jrich #2 option scoring on suns.. what a loss..

What did Nash say?

TruckDaddy 12-19-2010 10:12 AM

Aside from the trade for J Rich, I don't think they improved at all. They traded a struggling, expensive player in Rashard Lewis for another struggling, expensive player in Arenas. They lost Gortat who was a solid back-up for Howard. Then, IMO the dumbest move of all, they bring back a more expensive, less productive Turkoglu. He was too expensive for you when he was hot and helped you get to the finals, but now that he's earning more and scoring less he's going to help save your team??? The Magic are going to be like the Suns were in 03-04. Fast, fun to watch offense that wins you your division, but when it's time to get in the playoffs, get bounced in the first round for not playing defense.

b0bab0i 12-19-2010 12:11 PM

They still need to trade Jameer Nelson.

Novare330 12-19-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruckDaddy (Post 12592742)
Aside from the trade for J Rich, I don't think they improved at all. They traded a struggling, expensive player in Rashard Lewis for another struggling, expensive player in Arenas. They lost Gortat who was a solid back-up for Howard. Then, IMO the dumbest move of all, they bring back a more expensive, less productive Turkoglu. He was too expensive for you when he was hot and helped you get to the finals, but now that he's earning more and scoring less he's going to help save your team??? The Magic are going to be like the Suns were in 03-04. Fast, fun to watch offense that wins you your division, but when it's time to get in the playoffs, get bounced in the first round for not playing defense.

doubt they win their division ;)

@mir 12-19-2010 12:34 PM

see the thing with orlando was they were trying to have carter be their play maker and go to guy who makes big shots, however he often doesnt show up to play. im thinking j rich and gilbert will fill that void.

it also seems like they stacking them selves with guards to match up with miami and boston.

TruckDaddy 12-19-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novare330 (Post 12592974)
doubt they win their division ;)

:hi: I hear ya.
http://toppayingideas.com/blog/wp-co...miami_heat.jpg

'busa 12-19-2010 01:09 PM

Oh, well. I'll still support them. It will make things interesting.

dramacydaL 12-19-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novare330 (Post 12591713)
orlando get some more offensive fire power, but it doesnt make them better

- they lost a lot on the defensive end by getting rid of pietrus, arguably one of their best defenders after dwight, jason richardson and gilbert arenas dont know the meaning of defense.

- you traded one bad contract for another (lewis and arenas)

- you got rid of one fragile player for one that has knees made of pretzel sticks and cotton candy (arenas)

- you now have two players who are shoot first minded, volume shooters that have never really been on a team where they have been able to coexist with another volume shooter.

- with the departure of lewis and gortat, your front court becomes thinner, you get turk back at the 4, who is softer than butter in the microwave, but outside of that, you have ryan andersen to back him up, and you slide brandon bass into the 5 to back up howard.

on the plus side, orlando does get more firepower, and the ability to run a faster style of offense.

Can't agree more! Orlando's making a huge mistake to think they could turn back the hands of time and bring back the hot Hedo they once had. He's on the downward slope of his talent and is going to struggle on any team. On the other hand, I am fairly optimistic of Arenas and J. Richardson helping the Magic out. I'm sure it's a nice change up for Arenas to come to a winning team and Richardson's going to ball hard wherever he's at.

iwannagofast 12-19-2010 05:57 PM

ill bet anyone 20 bucks that gortat is gonna ball on the suns and be the starter soon

Dinan e36 12-19-2010 08:09 PM

i think orlando did the right thing, Arenas/Jrich/Hedo/Bass/Howard or Nelson/Jrich/Hedo/Bass/Howard is still a good lineup. I think Arenas will play harder after being traded cause it was just a huge cluster F in Washington.