E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Suspension & Braking (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Coilover settings question (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=814065)

ajai 01-03-2011 05:57 AM

Coilover settings question

i plan to get a set of SAGE coilover, taiwan product, seems ok for the price.
they have 32 clicks settings for the hardness of the shocks. I am wondering, i want a more aggressive cornering, how many clicks should i set the front and the rear?
some told me front 18, rear 16.
well.. to be honest. i am confused of what those clicks are for.

also, the reason why i change a set of coilovers is because my setting right now is very bad. It doesnt hold corners much at the rear. and when i am on highway, the car keep going left and right. its seems out of control.

will changing the suspension solve my problem???

and have anyone heard of SAGE, or ruff coilover before. should be better product then the raceland. haha

McSpeed 01-03-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajai (Post 12640668)
also, the reason why i change a set of coilovers is because my setting right now is very bad. It doesnt hold corners much at the rear. and when i am on highway, the car keep going left and right. its seems out of control.

will changing the suspension solve my problem???

How long has it been since suspension bushings, especially FCABS and RTABS, were replaced? And the steering guibo?

The_Don 01-03-2011 12:34 PM

^ +1

I would check your suspension bushings before investing in a new suspension/coilover setup. You might end up investing money in the wrong parts and have the same stability issues.

The first thing that comes to mind regarding your stability issues are control arm bushings.

ajai 01-03-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Don (Post 12641478)
^ +1

I would check your suspension bushings before investing in a new suspension/coilover setup. You might end up investing money in the wrong parts and have the same stability issues.

The first thing that comes to mind regarding your stability issues are control arm bushings.

Control arm bushing been change for 1 year, last time I change my aligment set, they heck my bushing said it's ok

McSpeed 01-03-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajai (Post 12641515)
Control arm bushing been change for 1 year, last time I change my aligment set, they heck my bushing said it's ok

So about how old are the RTABs?
the steering guibo?

DontWriteGraff 01-04-2011 08:53 AM

Alighnment? Your coilovers that you have now is most likely good. Check your bushings and control arms if they are bent or whatever. Most likely not your suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

ajai 01-05-2011 01:18 AM

Thank you all for ur help. I have finally solve my problem I believe. I did a full tune for my camber and toe in . Find out my camber was off like he'll. Front is +3, + 1. rear +6, +1 for the toe in. And now my car is back to life and it hold like a train. Haha