E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   ECS tuning sucks. (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=819002)

Elwin 01-25-2011 05:13 PM

ECS tuning sucks.

Hi,

Maybe this is just my time to release some steam, but anyway would like to tell a little story about how and why ECS tuning sucks.

Last saturday evening I went to ECS web site and added two OEM performance parts to my basket:

1. BMW Performance Air Intake - M54 3.0LES#35341
2. BMW Performance Strut Bar - Carbon FiberES#127350

I did that because I wanted those for a long time and now they cheap :)

Sure both parts are listed as being in stock. Sure I have entered my address and my card details on checkout - no warnings, no problems - Great, isn't it?
I have selected UPS world wide expedited delivery method to get the parts fast. Everything seemed to be cool at that time... I closed my eyes imagining how I am installing carbon fiber strut in in my garage... mmmm.... That "useless upgrade, but I want it anyway nice feeling" :)

And then on Monday my order was not moving anywhere with status "Under Review" or something like that.

So to resolve all potential problems I decided to call the guys and ask them WTF is going on.

So the guy from order status blah-blah-blah :blah: transfered me to the billing and billing just told me that my order cannot be processed... Because they (not bank) declined my credit card!!!! And now even I have entered all credit card details I have to do the wire transfer. I tried to explain to the billing that I am temporary in Lithuania now and my bank is in UK so I cannot do international wire right now! Why actually ECS allowed me to place the order with my card and shipment address in the first place then?!

Anyway, I took time out to think about all this sudden crap and gave them another call. Now I just wanted to cancel the order, but suddenly the guy from the order tracking is now telling me that they tried my credit card, the payment went through, so I don't need to do wire transfer. - Great isn't it? NOT REALLY... They do not have all parts in stock so they would be able to ship my order only on 4th of February (a week delay is not a killer). - Ok, still not a terrible problem.... I thought back then... HA-HA! not so fast!!!!

Today I am checking my order status and it says - cancelled! F#ck! what is that? Another call to ECS... Now another guy from order tracking telling me that today billing department has cancelled my order. And this is after successful payment with card! WTF!? Tried to get to his manager - no way. The guy just repeatedly tells me that his manager will tell me the same thing so there is no reason for me to talk to his manager... WTF??? Can I decide for myself to whom to talk?... Basically there is no way to solve situation. ECS think that all people in Lithuania are hackers and thieves that we run naked on the streets along with white bears and eat raw meat as fire is not known here yet... And all this crap is happening after they have collected all my card details, after they explained to me that payment went through, and after they told me that I am going to get all these parts in the first half of February!!!!

Through my 35 years on this planet I have seen some unreasonable people and some people stupidity cases. ECS goes definitely to the top 10 cases for combining both those qualities in such an ugly manner.

So my conclusion - ECS Sucks. They did this to me, they can do it to you too. They don't really care about you. As they explained - they have hundreds of orders per day so do not care that much about my 1k order. Great approach isn't it? Anyway. I do feel better now. :)

Thank you for your attention and have a great day.
:clap:

El Zilcho 01-25-2011 05:17 PM

If the transaction was canceled they should refund your card. Did you check with your bank? If you don't get your stuff and the money is not back on your card you can always escalate it.

hl325Ci 01-25-2011 05:19 PM

wow, sorry to hear that bro.

HyeWarrior 01-25-2011 05:22 PM

Real location : Lithuania?

Edit, and yea that sucks pretty bad man, hope it all gets sorted out

Elwin 01-25-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Zilcho (Post 12731221)
If the transaction was canceled they should refund your card. Did you check with your bank? If you don't get your stuff and the money is not back on your card you can always escalate it.

Payment like this would takes some time to show up on the online bank statement. Sure I will be checking now every day.

Basically dealing with them is like stepping into sh1t - does not help anyhow and you still have to stop to clean your shoes. :censor:

Redline 01-25-2011 05:25 PM

sue the fvck out of them if they dont refund your card.

HardPark'd TT 01-25-2011 05:27 PM

It seems like this is happening a lot. Something is wrong with their inventory system. I've had great experiences with them but that's because I usually contact them directly when I'm about to order something. Looks like they need to fix something on their site because there's threads like this popping up on the audi and VW forums too.

Alex323Ci 01-25-2011 05:30 PM

"I tried to explain to the billing that I am temporary in Lithuania now and my bank is in UK so I cannot do international wire right now!"

many companies will not ship overseas as they have been burned. add the situation that your address is one place and bank in UK i'm sure doesn't give much confidence.

"(ECS think that) all people in Lithuania are hackers and thieves that we run naked on the streets along with white bears and eat raw meat as fire is not known here yet..."

best quote of 2011, someone should put this in their sig :clap:

alembo 01-25-2011 05:32 PM

I just received my BMW performance strut bar today..... from ECS Tuning.

El Zilcho 01-25-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alembo (Post 12731285)
I just received my BMW performance strut bar today..... from ECS Tuning.

Did you order one? :D

alembo 01-25-2011 05:36 PM

haha yes, and coilovers along with some other necessary parts. They were actually very helpful to me, OP, sorry you had such a bad experience with them. I swear by ECS Tuning.

Elwin 01-25-2011 05:36 PM

Thank you all for understanding and support. I really do feel better now.

I still want those performance upgrades. :) I am stupid I know... But I do have 330i ZHP, I do have almost all the rest (i will keep TR MT1 rims (8.5 et44 r18) of the performance parts including OEM drilled rotors. When I get the intake and strut for my zhp it will be complete (as i mentioned wheels are TR MT1 cause they are just much lighter than OEM performance rims) with oem performance parts! :thumbup:

ALPIN3 01-25-2011 05:37 PM

Sounds like an issue with their system that definitely needs to be worked out, but I've ordered from ECS multiple times and have always had a great experience. Customer service and products have always been top notch. Good luck though.

Top_Bunk 01-25-2011 05:48 PM

ECS has treated me well. Fast shipping and great customer service. Sucks to hear that there have been issues with the inventory piece of their web page... I wouldn't know, I've placed my orders with them over the phone to verify that items are in stock.

A lot of companies are starting to be more careful with overseas monetary transactions, not just ECS. It is also possible that the issue was with the clearinghouse, and it wasn't the decision of ECS. Regardless, sorry to hear about your experience OP.

Megalocnus 01-25-2011 06:25 PM

International billing and shipping generally sucks. Sorry about your ordeal with ECS.
I stopped ordering stuff from abroad. When I travel to Europe, I have to call my banks in advance. Despite that, they still block a card occasionally.

Moosecakes 01-25-2011 06:32 PM

I've made 3 orders from ECS so far and they are awesome, they have my business for sure for as long as I own my car. Which will be a damn long time

Keith330i 01-25-2011 06:33 PM

Man.... I just ordered the Meyle suspension II upgrade kit, I too got an email about contacting them about my billing/shipping addresses as they are different... I simply sent them an email in return confirming my addresses and was told everything is fine... :hmm: I guess time will tell... *checking bank account*

SMUUUUUV 01-25-2011 06:37 PM

Hmmm.... waiting for ECS to respond...:popcorn:

Au2bahn 01-25-2011 06:53 PM

ECS don't have to respond. They know they're awesome. I purchase from ECS all the time with no issues.
Maybe you're not meant to have those items. Lol. And ECS is giving you a hint

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

Moosecakes 01-25-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith330i (Post 12731565)
Man.... I just ordered the Meyle suspension II upgrade kit, I too got an email about contacting them about my billing/shipping addresses as they are different... I simply sent them an email in return confirming my addresses and was told everything is fine... :hmm: I guess time will tell... *checking bank account*

Dont worry you shouldn't have any issues as long as both addresses are listed on your banks information for you. I have a PO box for my primary address but I have to give ECS my home address. I haven't had any problems yet. :thumbsup: