E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Turbo 330Ci ZHP Project (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=831293)

NIVO 03-21-2011 10:40 AM

Turbo 330Ci ZHP Project

2 Attachment(s)
Just posting my project start thread.
Will be taring apart the car soon.

Most of the info so far is on the site.
www.e46turbo330ci.com

Another DIY turbo Project... Inspired by the guys who have done it themselves on this forum.:thumbsup:

I will be using the Comp Turbo CT4-6265 3BB, it is an Oil-Less turbo with only Coolant lines going to it.

I want to see what I can push the stock engine to then I will rebuild the engine or just buy another block and do it over the next year.

Done with the SRT-4 for now so my car is next... then the SAAB Aero.

Nivo

Edit: forgot to mention that I will be going 3" exhaust with a Varex variable muffler. Waiting for the muffler to arrive from Australia.

love the 325ci 03-21-2011 10:46 AM

Good luck keep us posted

MaverickM3 03-21-2011 10:55 AM

Subbed. Good look Op

NIVO 03-21-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love the 325ci (Post 12949575)
Good luck keep us posted

most of it should work on the 325Ci like yours minus the software tuning. But everything else should be applicable to the M54B25.

As always if anyone worries about warranty or if it is street legal then the warning is:

These modifications are for off road use only.

WARNING: This modification is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm due to the extreme G forces once turbo kicks in.

NIVO 03-21-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaverickM3 (Post 12949612)
Subbed. Good look Op

Wow your 325 is making good power! :thumbsup:

More non-M cars need to be turbocharged, either DIY or NickG's kit. :woot:

azzy989 03-21-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIVO (Post 12949616)
most of it should work on the 325Ci like yours minus the software tuning. But everything else should be applicable to the M54B25.

As always if anyone worries about warranty or if it is street legal then the warning is:

These modifications are for off road use only.

WARNING: This modification is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm due to the extreme G forces once turbo kicks in.

:rofl: :spit:

i'll be watching this :hi:

MaverickM3 03-21-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIVO (Post 12949616)

:lmao: This is sig worthy. LoL

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIVO (Post 12949682)
Wow your 325 is making good power! :thumbsup:
More non-M cars need to be turbocharged, either DIY or NickG's kit. :woot:

^^^ Totally agree. You can do TT kit. 325whp out the door. And that's just stage1. Lol It's cool man I would like build my own turbo kit one day. Just not on such a complicated system. :thumbsup:

gurov 03-21-2011 03:42 PM

i was just looking at those oilless turbos today, how much do they cost ?

also, props on doing it yourself.

NIVO 03-21-2011 04:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gurov (Post 12950862)
i was just looking at those oilless turbos today, how much do they cost ?

also, props on doing it yourself.

A CT2-6262 with oil-less center at MAP is $1313
http://www.maperformance.com/comp-tu...-ct2-6262.html

or through this Ebay store: http://motors.shop.ebay.com/compturb...id=p4340.l2562

Maybe through Joe at comp turbo they would be cheaper if you mention my name and site. ;)

He is willing to Support certain groups if the volume and demand is there.:thumbup:

Turbocharging is not new to me, have done it many times over as my technical background is Automotive technology, Diagnostics, Electronics and Performance from years ago(schooling). I also worked at a Dyno shop here for a few years and done Vipers, Corvettes, Mustangs 350Z's and a whole lot more.

I am a Nissan guy at heart as I love my Z cars(my shiro attached) but I am a car enthusiast first and love anything unique and fun to do myself. Cars have become my hobby and I don't make a living working on them.

Hardest challenges to me were ferrari and some Porsche, things are packed in there.

If i'm In NJ I will PM you or something, We head out to the track every year. This year we are running our SRT-4 that I just finished.

MachRc 03-21-2011 05:24 PM

I noticed you are posting information about your own site and its sponsors.

As your own personal build great, and lets just keep it that way as they are not sponsors here as I would want you to tread safely without stepping on toes.

what are you using to tune your turbo?

NIVO 03-21-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachRc (Post 12951270)
I noticed you are posting information about your own site and its sponsors.

As your own personal build great, and lets just keep it that way as they are not sponsors here as I would want you to tread safely without stepping on toes.

what are you using to tune your turbo?

This is the reason why I held back on posting my own DIY venture on this site. But I looked and didn't see any Turbocharger Companies on here. Especially a direct Manufacturer.

I don't think I am stepping on toes, I am just helping others help themselves on taking on their own projects by posting what's needed. It is what I do on every forum I am on or belong to.

I thought long before posting (Have worked for Autoguide forums as Admin).
So I know how the Business runs/works.

malina 03-21-2011 09:39 PM

Good luck with the project and respect for undertaking it understanding the risk of failure and overall cost :thumbsup:
Subscribed.

gurov 03-21-2011 10:01 PM

meh, nissan.

i'm more of a bmw/toyota fan now. the sentra is just a toy now (more of a testing platform for ridiculous ****)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIVO (Post 12950985)
A CT2-6262 with oil-less center at MAP is $1313
http://www.maperformance.com/comp-tu...-ct2-6262.html

or through this Ebay store: http://motors.shop.ebay.com/compturb...id=p4340.l2562

Maybe through Joe at comp turbo they would be cheaper if you mention my name and site. ;)

He is willing to Support certain groups if the volume and demand is there.:thumbup:

Turbocharging is not new to me, have done it many times over as my technical background is Automotive technology, Diagnostics, Electronics and Performance from years ago(schooling). I also worked at a Dyno shop here for a few years and done Vipers, Corvettes, Mustangs 350Z's and a whole lot more.

I am a Nissan guy at heart as I love my Z cars(my shiro attached) but I am a car enthusiast first and love anything unique and fun to do myself. Cars have become my hobby and I don't make a living working on them.

Hardest challenges to me were ferrari and some Porsche, things are packed in there.

If i'm In NJ I will PM you or something, We head out to the track every year. This year we are running our SRT-4 that I just finished.

NIVO 03-21-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurov (Post 12952315)
meh, nissan.

i'm more of a bmw/toyota fan now. the sentra is just a toy now (more of a testing platform for ridiculous ****)

Never really got into any other Nissans other then the zcars.

I like anything "underdog" I guess. Reason why I have the ZHP over the 135 or 335 I was thinking of buying.

The SRT-4 at home is the built up car and the SAABs are almost stock.:yikes:

NIVO 03-21-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malina (Post 12952220)
Good luck with the project and respect for undertaking it understanding the risk of failure and overall cost :thumbsup:
Subscribed.

My main objective is doing it myself for this years project. Doing this many times over I know a ballpark of overall costs of turbocharging. But to me it is not about saving the dollars as it is about putting the whole thing together from scratch, yeah I could have gone through NickG or Active to boost my car but that would take my fun away.

On the BMWs it's not the Turbo kit that is hard to do but the tuning of the Fuel/Timing etc... Using the Siemens adaptive ECU it is quite fast which is a good thing because it can be used to the tune of some good wheel horsepower. Hell, you can turbo the car and use the stock injectors (obviously the car would be lean under the pressurized load), but then that would not make sense as you turbo it to make power and with stock injectors you can run lean, heat up the engine and blow things up. Which leads us to the need of tuning.

There are many ways to tune the MS43 for relatively little money yourself as long as you have an understanding of tuning and coding/hex/how an engine works(hakentt has shown this) but when it gets to the MS45 it has to be bench flashed, but some have even used the OBD plug to flash it. Tuning software is not cheap and geared towards the Tuning shops which costs in excess of $5000+.

NIVO 04-15-2011 10:37 AM

Looks like first week of May I might have time to turbo this car finally.

We will see how it goes:excited::thumbup:

MarcusLSB 04-15-2011 01:27 PM

Subscribed!

mike@maximumpsi 04-16-2011 10:47 AM

We have 80mm and 67mm billet oil-less comp turbos going on three cars at the moment. I am excited to get rid of our usual oil scavenge pump setup. We can get anyone pricing on Comp Turbos as well, and we are a forum sponsor:)

What engine management are you planning on running?

NIVO 04-17-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike@maximumpsi (Post 13053725)
We have 80mm and 67mm billet oil-less comp turbos going on three cars at the moment. I am excited to get rid of our usual oil scavenge pump setup. We can get anyone pricing on Comp Turbos as well, and we are a forum sponsor:)

What engine management are you planning on running?

sweet thanks Mike, I didn't want to post too much as I feared of admins thinking i was trying to sell Comp Turbos.
I chose this turbo just for that one reason you mentioned. no need to add complications with scavenge pumps or tapping oil pans, save time, drilling and headaches.

currently still thinking on the tuning will not make up my mind until the last minute as we have quite a few cars to use if i still do not have a solution.

JohnBlaze 05-22-2011 05:36 PM

What's the deal?