E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Am I crazy or is this nutrition label wrong? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=834958)

DylloS 04-06-2011 01:46 PM

Am I crazy or is this nutrition label wrong?

I'm under the assumption that a gram of carbs = 9 calories. So how does this sobe have 0 calories when it contains 6g carbs per serving?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._7936661_n.jpg

dwass325 04-06-2011 01:51 PM

I believe it's because they're sugar alcohols and pass through your body (i.e. they're not absorbed so they can get away with claiming 0 cal).

JJR4884 04-06-2011 01:53 PM

relax solly, for every dumb ass random thread you make you burn 9 calories... keep drinking

i keed :)

Green_Shine 04-06-2011 01:58 PM

My head just exploded.

Master Po 04-06-2011 01:59 PM

You are crazy for wasting money on anything that gives you 0 calories. :p

JJR4884 04-06-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Po (Post 13014314)
Why waste money with anything that gives you 0 calories?

so are you saying the only thing that you should spend money on is something with calories? do you drink bottled water? are you a fan of raw oysters?

do you eat fast food? because this would be a gold mine for ya

i don't think he is drinking this for health purposes, just a substitute for water

alwaysbored786 04-06-2011 02:39 PM

lol at substitute for water

Master Po 04-06-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJR4884 (Post 13014430)
so are you saying the only thing that you should spend money on is something with calories? do you drink bottled water? are you a fan of raw oysters?

do you eat fast food? because this would be a gold mine for ya

i don't think he is drinking this for health purposes, just a substitute for water

water is (still) free.

dwass325 04-06-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Why waste money with anything that gives you 0 calories?

Really? Except for protein supplements, I only drink zero calorie drinks.

I like being able to mix it up with a flavored drink (Vitamin Water Zero, for example) to break the monotony of water... but without taking in hundreds of garbage calories.

DylloS 04-06-2011 02:43 PM

looks like dwass might be right. It's still weird and I never knew of that. Are alcohol sugars considered artificial sweeteners?

Quote:

You are crazy for wasting money on anything that gives you 0 calories. :p

lol ok. It's not even mine. A friend sent it to me.

DylloS 04-06-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwass325 (Post 13014475)

I like being able to mix it up with a flavored drink (Vitamin Water Zero, for example) to break the monotony of water... but without taking in hundreds of garbage calories.

exactly. i can't believe how awful that comment was lol.

Master Po 04-06-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwass325 (Post 13014475)

"Americans are the only people who hunt on a full stomach."
- Dave Chapelle

If you call calories junk you don't need to eat... until you're hungry and not because the clock says so.
If you're really thirsty, you'd give your arm for a drink of water.
It's the people that carry a bottle of water with them everywhere they go who find water monotonous. Believe it or not, you will survive without a gulp of water through an entire meeting. :rolleyes:

Master Po 04-06-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DylloS (Post 13014492)
exactly. i can't believe how awful that comment was lol.

I can't believe it's not butter
- Fabio

Suck it up. Don't be a girly man.
- Ahrnold S.

Master Po 04-06-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DylloS (Post 13014486)
looks like dwass might be right. It's still weird and I never knew of that. Are alcohol sugars considered artificial sweeteners?

lol ok. It's not even mine. A friend sent it to me.

WTF. :rofl:
Artificial sweeteners... Sugar can be turned into alcohol via fermentation. But Alcohol isn't even sweet. :retarded joke:

Mike Larry 04-06-2011 03:23 PM

protein and carbs are 4 cals per gram. fat is 9. however, i believe everyone else is right about the alcohol sugars

DylloS 04-06-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Po (Post 13014499)
- Dave Chapelle

If you call calories junk you don't need to eat... until you're hungry and not because the clock says so.
It's the people that carry a bottle of water with them everywhere they go who find water monotonous. Believe it or not, you will survive without a gulp of water through an entire meeting. :rolleyes:

what does this have to do with anything? You're seriously bringing finances into a thread that has nothing to do with it. Based on your beliefs it sounds like people should pay more for extra calories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Larry (Post 13014713)
protein and carbs are 4 cals per gram. fat is 9. however, i believe everyone else is right about the alcohol sugars

you're right. I messed up

Master Po 04-06-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DylloS (Post 13014794)
what does this have to do with anything? You're seriously bringing finances into a thread that has nothing to do with it. Based on your beliefs it sounds like people should pay more for extra calories.

I never said anything about finances.
Even if you can afford it, you shouldn't eat just because it's lunch time. That's why most people in this country are overweight.
Now, if you're a body builder, and you need to eat 6 times a day, that's a different story.
If you eat right, calories are a good and necessary thing and should be welcomed. Not called junk calories. It's junk only because you eat too much. The solution then is to stop eating, not buying more food with low calories.

Would you pay for 99.99% pure Oxygen in a bottle, like those sold in Oxigen Cafes? First of all, it's not even healthy, as air contains 70% Nitrogen.
That's how I see water... people go nuts with the bottled water. Truth is, tap water is better for you. Besides the minerals that your body needs, in most cities tap water also contains fluoride, good for your teeth.
Yeah, convenience. But that's only because the bottled water industry sold you the idea that it's cool to walk around with a bottle of water.
You can tell an American tourist in the crowd abroad. They're the usually overweight ones with a bottle of water hanging on their backpacks.
You do need to drink enough water, but you don't have to drink it every 2 minutes. Drink when you come back from your run. Do you know how many plastic bottles are dumped in landfills?

dwass325 04-06-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Po (Post 13014499)
- Dave Chapelle

Oh please. Don't start preaching about life's necessities on a BMW forum. There are a bunch of people in third world countries who walk as their mode of transportation but I'm not giong to guilt trip you over your car.

It's flavored water that won't make you fat. Get over it.

Master Po 04-06-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwass325 (Post 13014894)
Oh please. Don't start preaching about life's necessities on a BMW forum. There are a bunch of people in third world countries who walk as their mode of transportation but I'm not giong to guilt trip you over your car.

It's flavored water that won't make you fat. Get over it.

Listen to what you're saying... water shouldn't make you fat to begin with. :rolleyes: :lmao:

It's bad for your health. Both the BMW and the flavored water. Period.
Walk and drink clean tap water. :thumbsup:

dwass325 04-06-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Po (Post 13014915)
It's bad for your health. Both the BMW and the flavored water. Period.
Walk and drink clean tap water. :thumbsup:

I bet you're positively intolerable in real life.