E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Mid Atlantic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Who works at a financial institution? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=835002)

Adam@Euro-Spec 04-06-2011 03:40 PM

Who works at a financial institution?
 
My little brother is looking for an internship this summer. Can anyone help him out? He's a double major at tulane finance and econ with a high gpa.

Free steamed crabs to help him out haha :eeps:

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

tweedledum925 04-06-2011 04:01 PM

I will be in 2 weeks...

maybe he can give this a try: Freddie Mac internship

Dskinn91 04-06-2011 09:20 PM

^ a little off topic but how are ur steamed crabs?? do u have males right now?? and pricing

im craving some crabs right now

Adam@Euro-Spec 04-06-2011 09:35 PM

Medium are $2 ea every tues wed thurs or 30a doz 2 for 55
Large are $3 every friday or 49 doz 2 for 89
Jumbos are 75 a dozen

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

imolazhp_ci 04-06-2011 09:39 PM

he's about 5 months late in the application process. in any case, i checked my columbia alumni network... t. rowe price, TD ameritrade, credit agricole and credit suisse still have positions listed there. have him call HR directly, a lot of times people drop last minute. why isn't he seeing an adviser at tulane for this?

EDIT: also, try credit card companies: AMEX, Visa, Barclaycard... all offer much less competitive internships.

Dskinn91 04-06-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec (Post 13016440)
Medium are $2 ea every tues wed thurs or 30a doz 2 for 55
Large are $3 every friday or 49 doz 2 for 89
Jumbos are 75 a dozen

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App


sounds reasonable!!

whats ur shops name?? i might come in with the girl soon

fayraree 04-07-2011 12:26 AM

I work at BoA...will check it out but yeah, it's pretty late in the game.

imolazhp_ci 04-07-2011 12:37 AM

also, since you're in baltimore, most banks have smaller offices in wilmington, de. he can try for one of those too.

Lusticles 04-07-2011 01:50 AM

Not necessarily a 'financial institution' but the Department of the Treasury always has available internships.
Actually though maybe not, since congress really screwed up the budget for us. It may depend on the department. Still SIGTARP may.

Adam@Euro-Spec 04-07-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci (Post 13016460)
he's about 5 months late in the application process. in any case, i checked my columbia alumni network... t. rowe price, TD ameritrade, credit agricole and credit suisse still have positions listed there. have him call HR directly, a lot of times people drop last minute. why isn't he seeing an adviser at tulane for this?


EDIT: also, try credit card companies: AMEX, Visa, Barclaycard... all offer much less competitive internships.

Thanks for the help...yeah i don't know what his adviser is doing but im just trying to help him out if I can. I know hes way late. He actually has a phone interview with T. rowe beginning of next week, I'll tell him to call HR of the other places ASAP. Credit Card companies are another good idea..thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dskinn91 (Post 13016735)
sounds reasonable!!

whats ur shops name?? i might come in with the girl soon

Blue Point Crab House...were carry out only..pm me when your coming one day ill pick you out awesome crabs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fayraree (Post 13017160)
I work at BoA...will check it out but yeah, it's pretty late in the game.

Any help is appreciated..thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci (Post 13017196)
also, since you're in baltimore, most banks have smaller offices in wilmington, de. he can try for one of those too.

Definitely have him check it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lusticles (Post 13017333)
Not necessarily a 'financial institution' but the Department of the Treasury always has available internships.
Actually though maybe not, since congress really screwed up the budget for us. It may depend on the department. Still SIGTARP may.

Ill tell him to look into it. He supposed to talk to somebody on the budget committee soon or something, i'm not sure but ill have him figure it out ha.

ksuen21 04-07-2011 11:56 AM

Work in the financial planning side within John Hancock Financial Network. Would be primarily cold calling and commuting to tysons corner if thats ok with him.

Superhiro 04-07-2011 01:50 PM

Damn... If I had seen this earlier I could have definitely helped :( we have been looking for an intern for the past few weeks. They just picked one yesterday though. If any other spots open up or any other groups here are looking for an intern as well (I'll ask around) I'll definitely let you know!

Tom5933 01-09-2013 04:38 PM

Bump, Tulane alumni over here looking for any networking opportunities :bump:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use