E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Lighting Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   FX-R in Facelift? How to ?? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=837559)

SoNiC_77Gr 04-17-2011 06:03 AM

FX-R in Facelift? How to ??
 
I have in my hands the FX-R projectors and i have the E46 Coupe Facelift. As i make some search i can't find any pics that will help me to install these projectors specific to headlights of the facelift. All the pics that i have found is only for pre-facelift or the 1st headlights of the E46, and as i see the "inside" part of the headlights is different.. Is there any guide about how to place them properly and also with no "worries" for facelift model ?

Thanks!

infinite012 04-17-2011 11:08 AM

Every retrofit will be a bit different.

Your best bet is to just open up the headlights and take a look around. Formulate a plan of attack, figure out the parts necessary, and guesstimate the amount of time it will take. Now add 12 hours to that figure.

Go.

sillieidiot 04-26-2011 07:13 AM

goodluck, there is very little space in there, and it's really hard to open up facelift coupe headlights for retrofitting. i've already broken one trying to get it apart (the baking was the easy part lol)

Solidjake 04-26-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite012 (Post 13056323)
Every retrofit will be a bit different.

Your best bet is to just open up the headlights and take a look around. Formulate a plan of attack, figure out the parts necessary, and guesstimate the amount of time it will take. Now add 12 hours to that figure.

Go.

Haha :thumbup:

sillieidiot 04-26-2011 04:48 PM

it actually doesn't even take 12 hours. it's more like 4 and then a couple of hours to aim and put everything back together. at least that's how long it takes me on a prefacelift headlight if i do it straight with no breaks.

eneka 04-27-2011 10:59 PM

do you want to double check if you have xenons first? IIRC, facelift coupes all came with projects regardless of halogen or xenon (correct me if I'm wrong)

sillieidiot 04-27-2011 11:42 PM

they did come with projectors, but it's either halogen projectors or xenon projectors. you can put HIDs in the halogen projectors, but they are not as efficient as the xenons. and even the xenons aren't that great compared to other cars.

SoNiC_77Gr 05-01-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillieidiot (Post 13088873)
goodluck, there is very little space in there, and it's really hard to open up facelift coupe headlights for retrofitting. i've already broken one trying to get it apart (the baking was the easy part lol)

Yes i agree, it's a bit difficult. But i will give a try..

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillieidiot (Post 13097104)
they did come with projectors, but it's either halogen projectors or xenon projectors. you can put HIDs in the halogen projectors, but they are not as efficient as the xenons. and even the xenons aren't that great compared to other cars.

Mine comes with halogen projectors. So that's way i had to replace them with FX-R and also with a full HID kit..

I still "formulating the plan of attack", as infinite012 said above.. ;-)

sillieidiot 05-01-2011 05:19 PM

oh ok you have halogen projectors, those are easier to open up lol compared to OEM xenons, it's super easy lol.

SoNiC_77Gr 05-06-2011 04:20 PM

To open them it's easy, but to fit the projectors inside at perfect line is the risk.. Can't find any place to hold them good enough.

sillieidiot 05-06-2011 05:22 PM

you'll find. since there is a lot of material, you have more area to work with. i'm trying to do a retro on the fl xenons right now. just waiting on the projectors, and there's literally no place to mount as far as i can tell. heck, i don't even know if it'll even fit in the xenon headlight lol

SoNiC_77Gr 05-06-2011 05:33 PM

This would be very helpful if you can make it..

sillieidiot 05-07-2011 12:34 AM

what do you mean? i won't be making a guide. since i'm on a deadline to make it by bfest and i don't have a camera, i'm just going to do it as fast as i can. that's if the projector fits of course

Mango 05-07-2011 03:14 AM

sillie i'll have my camera with me at bfest and i'll take as many pics of your lights as you want :-p it'll be daylight so maybe useless.

sillieidiot 05-07-2011 03:23 AM

lol let's hope the projectors make it in time and actually fits.

SoNiC_77Gr 05-07-2011 05:33 PM

Hope that fits! Good luck with this!

zha50 10-31-2012 01:17 AM

Any updates?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use