E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Just purchased OEM M3 wheels/tire for non M not sure if I like fitment (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=842841)

antoniostarr 05-09-2011 07:52 PM

Just purchased OEM M3 wheels/tire for non M not sure if I like fitment
 
Rear tires are 255/35/19 and fronts are 225/40/19. I went ahead and popped one of the rear tires on and I'm a little concerned...of course the M fender is wider so on my car the tires protrude a bit from the body of the car and I'm not sure if I like the look. I think I may just sell them for what I paid and go with replicas because either way the wheel will protrude even if I got a different size tire. I didn't drive it yet so I'm not sure if there is rubbing or not. Any suggestions on how I should proceed? http://tapatalk.com/mu/473841dd-8c28-4746.jpghttp://tapatalk.com/mu/473841dd-8c38-2653.jpghttp://tapatalk.com/mu/473841dd-8c55-8508.jpg

antoniostarr 05-09-2011 07:56 PM

BTW... 325Ci with sports package

dallasberry 05-09-2011 08:02 PM

I think you need to lower your car :)

TxZHP04 05-09-2011 08:39 PM

most people who do this buy 4 front wheels/tires since the offset of the M3 rears is too aggressive for the non-M.

antoniostarr 05-09-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxZHP04 (Post 13146190)
most people who do this buy 4 front wheels/tires since the offset of the M3 rears is too aggressive for the non-M.

That's what I was thinking...I need 4 fronts maybe

VMRWheels 05-10-2011 12:04 PM

It looks like those tires on the wheels are too tall for your non-M. If you are at stock height I would probably get two sets of fronts.

SIN3 05-10-2011 12:29 PM

smaller tires, lower the car and you'll be set. you will rub in the back though be prepared.

Mango 05-10-2011 12:36 PM

whats the width on the front m3 18s? 8.0?

Shooters04M3 05-10-2011 12:53 PM

Would you want to trade the rears for a my fronts

antoniostarr 05-10-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E46Mango (Post 13149013)
whats the width on the front m3 18s? 8.0?

19x8

antoniostarr 05-10-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooters04M3 (Post 13149083)
Would you want to trade the rears for a my fronts

We can explore that idea...

antoniostarr 05-10-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIN3 (Post 13148977)
smaller tires, lower the car and you'll be set. you will rub in the back though be prepared.

Yeah I don't want any rubbing though. I can put these on Craigslist and sell them fast

jassi uk 05-10-2011 04:45 PM

Run stretched tyre and roll the rear fenders flat and you should be fine, I'm running 18x10 et 25 on my sedan with no rubbing issues and lowered.

Bimmer4Lyfe 05-10-2011 04:48 PM

Run 4 rears - that looks awesome!

jassi uk 05-10-2011 04:55 PM

Nah do the staggered set 4 fronts look weak, here check this link out

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...001&highlight=

antoniostarr 05-11-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jassi uk (Post 13150193)
Nah do the staggered set 4 fronts look weak, here check this link out

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...001&highlight=

Looks good! Gonna roll the fenders and possibly go with 235/30/19 on the rear now. I'm starting to like the look on the rear

yosolo1 05-16-2011 10:05 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I have a 323ci SP with the M3 wheels
front 19x8 on 225/35/19
back 19x9 1/2 on 245/35/19

be-doubleyou 05-17-2011 12:27 AM

3 things:

1. Yes you will rub. The offset of those rear wheels is too aggressive to run 255's. A 235 can work but 225 is the best size to prevent ruibbing.

2. Your front tires are too tall/too large of a diameter. It should be a 225/35/19, not 225/40/19.

3. Just my opinion, but a more aggressive fitment such as OEM m3 wheels needs a drop in order to look proper.

GL with the wheels.

antoniostarr 05-17-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yosolo1 (Post 13174976)
I have a 323ci SP with the M3 wheels
front 19x8 on 225/35/19
back 19x9 1/2 on 245/35/19

Looks good!!

antoniostarr 05-17-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by be-doubleyou (Post 13175634)
3 things:

1. Yes you will rub. The offset of those rear wheels is too aggressive to run 255's. A 235 can work but 225 is the best size to prevent ruibbing.

2. Your front tires are too tall/too large of a diameter. It should be a 225/35/19, not 225/40/19.

3. Just my opinion, but a more aggressive fitment such as OEM m3 wheels needs a drop in order to look proper.

GL with the wheels.

Great information be-doubleyou! I was wondering if 225 series would stretch enough to fit the rear wheels without any compromise, but see yosolo is running 235 on his rears. He didn't mention if it rubbed or not though. At this point I'm contemplating on whether to buy new tires for these preowned wheels or just sell them and buy a completely new wheel package from Victoria Tire .... At this point it will be about the same money invested.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use