E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   BMW News from around the Web (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   How the e46 was made (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=845909)

BayrischeMotorWerk 05-23-2011 04:54 AM

How the e46 was made

Hi

dunno if you allready know this (german) movie, but I think it might be interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXVgF...e=more_related

regards,
Tom

MasonAlexanderR 05-25-2011 02:07 PM

wish they were speaking English hah, other than that ya its pretty cool.

trancenation 05-25-2011 05:50 PM

great movie! wish i had seen this a long time ago

johnrando 05-26-2011 05:54 PM

Posted for the nth time, and for the nth time, I'd love to have someone translate that into english. Someone on this site has got to know german!

BayrischeMotorWerk 05-27-2011 01:08 AM

I speak them both, german and english, but translating it would take too much of my time, which I
could spend modifying my BMW :D
But if there are small clips that has a special interest to you, I could how ever translate it.

johnrando 05-27-2011 09:40 AM

Awesome offer! I'll check it out and post a time stamp if there is something in particular.

benzedid 06-06-2011 04:51 PM

i watched this movie a year back. me too i only hoped these guys could speak english. lolz. the best i like is when they connect the chassis to the engine and drive train.

BayrischeMotorWerk 06-07-2011 01:30 AM

For me the most important part in this movie has been the dipping of the chassis into the KTL anti corrosion bath.
I live in a country that for month has temperatures around the freezing point. This means cars here, gets easy rust
on body and parts that are not good protected.
Previously I had Ford and they made so bad anti corrosion protection, that I decided to switch to BMW.

I also like to see how they install good parts into the BMW's that is very rare to see in Denmark. The price for a car
in Denmark is 3 x the price in most other countries. This means, most cars here has almost NOTHING installed. The
radio is still a casett play without CD, climate control is manual, there are no leather seats, no xenon light, manual
gear shift, back seat can't be lowered, and so I could go on. I guess the guys at BMW are laughing their a.... out
when they install the BMW's for the danish market. Those cars are really ripped for everything of value.

But great movie, I just missing to see how they manufacture the engines. Could be interesting to see. From the movie
I could hear the engines are manufactured in many different countries. The V6 comes from Austria.

benzedid 06-07-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BayrischeMotorWerk (Post 13249896)
For me the most important part in this movie has been the dipping of the chassis into the KTL anti corrosion bath.
I live in a country that for month has temperatures around the freezing point. This means cars here, gets easy rust
on body and parts that are not good protected.
Previously I had Ford and they made so bad anti corrosion protection, that I decided to switch to BMW.

I also like to see how they install good parts into the BMW's that is very rare to see in Denmark. The price for a car
in Denmark is 3 x the price in most other countries. This means, most cars here has almost NOTHING installed. The
radio is still a casett play without CD, climate control is manual, there are no leather seats, no xenon light, manual
gear shift, back seat can't be lowered, and so I could go on. I guess the guys at BMW are laughing their a.... out
when they install the BMW's for the danish market. Those cars are really ripped for everything of value.

But great movie, I just missing to see how they manufacture the engines. Could be interesting to see. From the movie
I could hear the engines are manufactured in many different countries. The V6 comes from Austria.

V6 engines?? u mean to say the i6 engines?? as far as i know, BMW never produced V6 engines. it went from i6 to V8.

its not only in Denmark. Even in Mauritius we have few luxuries. though we have CD players, leather seats and xenon lights, we rarely have heated seats for 3-series. or maybe its bcoz we live in a tropical island.. i'm not sure. but its like our 3-series are never equipped of an i-Drive system and most of our bimmers come from South Africa.

killo 09-03-2011 04:23 AM

really nice movie.......thanx for these info

OneOfaKindTrini 09-03-2011 03:20 PM

Wow, truly amazing procress.

screamer-beemer531 10-23-2011 05:29 AM

It's an awesome process but Ferrari also has a video on their factory, that one is just EPIC. Their attention to detail is awe inspiring. Of course though because it's not a mass production car like the E46.

Vic328CSi 10-23-2011 02:30 PM

I have an original bmw dvd in english they sent to me years ago when I first got my e46. "The making of a 3 series". Might post it on youtube if it doesnt already exist.

johnrando 10-25-2011 11:57 AM

Would love to see it. Let us know when you post it.

Vic328CSi 10-25-2011 02:01 PM

Ok ill see what I can do. Think bmw will mind?

johnrando 10-25-2011 02:08 PM

Good question. Wouldn't want to violate copy-right laws, but if they hand it out for free, I can't imagine it would be an issue, especially with something so old. I would guess you could put a password on it so it's not totally for public viewing, only those members of e46f.c (or other forums) you make aware would know the password. Or, you could just send me a copy. :)

Topazine 10-26-2011 02:44 AM

they kept switching between blue cars, at least towards the end... was making me :hmm: lol

and :rofl: at the last minute of video

E code kng 10-27-2011 12:44 AM

lol

Tarmac Tanner 10-28-2011 01:50 PM

Cool !:bow:

CSL323 11-23-2011 11:24 PM

I love how many warning lights there are when he's fitting the steering wheel lol :)