E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   NY / NJ / CT (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   NYC Detailer (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=846747)

OrientBlau 05-26-2011 10:16 AM

NYC Detailer
 
I'm looking for a reputable detailer in the NYC area. Im willing to pay for someone who does good service and has experience to do it properly. The car needs some serious TLC. Wax, clay, compound, shampoo, wheels, etc.

NYC area or Long Island.

Any recommendations appreciated.

nyuaznguy 05-26-2011 10:24 AM

Give Andrew a call - he's good and honest, reasonable rates - 718-445-9995 - located in whitestone - he'll even give you a ride to the LIRR station.

sharpx 05-26-2011 12:23 PM

^ :thumbup:

OrientBlau 05-26-2011 01:28 PM

I sent him some PMs but he hasnt gotten back. :dunno: Maybe he only does detailing as a moonlighting job from his house and isnt taking new jobs. I've sent him some PMs but he hasnt responded, even though he's logged in a few times and made posts since they've been sent. This seems kind of flaky to me, so I'd like to hear about others who do professional detailing in the NYC/Long Island area. Maybe I missed it, but does he have a website with his services listed?

I just got done spending several K's on maintenance work and would like to shine up the car a bit, now. It needs some serious work and I want it done professionally. I'm willing to pay extra for a reputable, high-end shop.

I found this place. Anyone have any experience with them?

New York City Auto Detailing

http://www.nycautodetailing.com/


.

xiahaolong168 05-26-2011 01:32 PM

phil @ detailers domain does an excellent job. here are some write-ups:

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-related-...f-install.html

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-related-...roporte-s.html

sharpx 05-26-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrientBlau (Post 13212008)
I sent him some PMs but he hasnt gotten back. :dunno: Maybe he only does detailing as a moonlighting job from his house and isnt taking new jobs. I've sent him some PMs but he hasnt responded, even though he's logged in a few times and made posts since they've been sent. This seems kind of flaky to me, so I'd like to hear about others who do professional detailing in the NYC/Long Island area. Maybe I missed it, but does he have a website with his services listed?

I just got done spending several K's on maintenance work and would like to shine up the car a bit, now. It needs some serious work and I want it done professionally. I'm willing to pay extra for a reputable, high-end shop.

Andrew's work is top notch. Definitely give him a call at 718-445-9995.

OrientBlau 05-26-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiahaolong168 (Post 13212025)
phil @ detailers domain does an excellent job. here are some write-ups:

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-related-...f-install.html

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-related-...roporte-s.html


Thanks!

This is the type of professional full-service detailer Im looking for. They look like they have a nice shop and do excellent work. They dont have prices listed, so I imagine theyre on the expensive side, but Im always willing to pay extra for good service.

I'm gonna give them a call and set up an appointment. It sucks they're in NJ, but Im willing to travel for proper service.

Here's their website with photos of their work:

ww.detailersdomain.com


.

Ghost[Knight] 05-26-2011 02:41 PM

Tintmax in Flushing.. tel# 888-846-8629. speak to Steve.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tintmax-inc-flushing

jboost 05-26-2011 08:16 PM

^ great hand car wash spot!!

OrientBlau 05-27-2011 09:18 AM

I got in touch with Andrew and scheduled.

Thanks!

AndrewBigA 05-27-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrientBlau (Post 13212008)
I sent him some PMs but he hasnt gotten back. :dunno: Maybe he only does detailing as a moonlighting job from his house and isnt taking new jobs. I've sent him some PMs but he hasnt responded, even though he's logged in a few times and made posts since they've been sent. This seems kind of flaky to me, so I'd like to hear about others who do professional detailing in the NYC/Long Island area. Maybe I missed it, but does he have a website with his services listed?

"flaky" .......im def not, im one of the best & most reliable detailers in NYC.....

what are you talking about? i do this full time, all day & all night 6-7days a week. i will reply back right now to your pm. if i dont get back to your pm right away, dont freak out...im busy.

sending you a reply pm now. :D

AndrewBigA 05-27-2011 09:59 AM

Pm sent!

OrientBlau 05-27-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewBigA (Post 13215367)
"flaky" .......im def not, im one of the best & most reliable detailers in NYC.....

what are you talking about? i do this full time, all day & all night 6-7days a week. i will reply back right now to your pm. if i dont get back to your pm right away, dont freak out...im busy.

sending you a reply pm now. :D


Apologies, Andrew. :pimpin:

I get impatient and mistakenly thought you might be too busy and wouldnt be able to accomodate.

I sent you a response PM.

I'm looking forward to you getting my car back into shape. It needs lots of work and Im happy to have you guys give it a top to bottom treatment.

Thanks!


EDIT:

You should definitely do some before and after photos. My car is uber dirty. No wax or clay for 2+ yrs. - Im sure you'll bring the shine back to life! :thumbup:

AndrewBigA 05-27-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrientBlau (Post 13215397)
Apologies, Andrew. :pimpin:

I get impatient and mistakenly thought you might be too busy and wouldnt be able to accomodate.

I sent you a response PM.

I'm looking forward to you getting my car back into shape. It needs lots of work and Im happy to have you guys give it a top to bottom treatment.

Thanks!

no im swamped with work but i read all my messages every single day, just cant write back to everyone right away. dont worry, if you need a ride to the LIRR or #7 train i will take care of that as i do for every customer of mine that needs that extra lil service =)
please have a lil patience with me, its not like i detail 1 car a day :pimpin:

so send me a PM back about your car & ill see you on the 4th.

now excuse me while i put on my headphones & polish out this MDX. :excited:

lol

AndrewBigA 05-27-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrientBlau (Post 13215397)

EDIT:

You should definitely do some before and after photos. My car is uber dirty. No wax or clay for 2+ yrs. - Im sure you'll bring the shine back to life! :thumbup:

:ben: ok sir! gotta go!

OrientBlau 05-27-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewBigA (Post 13215406)
no im swamped with work but i read all my messages every single day, just cant write back to everyone right away. dont worry, if you need a ride to the LIRR or #7 train i will take care of that as i do for every customer of mine that needs that extra lil service =)
please have a lil patience with me, its not like i detail 1 car a day :pimpin:

so send me a PM back about your car & ill see you on the 4th.

now excuse me while i put on my headphones & polish out this MDX. :excited:

lol

Much appreciated!

PM sent!

AndrewBigA 06-10-2011 11:38 AM

yeaaaaaaaaaa see you later.

OrientBlau 06-10-2011 01:35 PM

I cant wait! :woot:

AndrewBigA 06-11-2011 12:21 PM

hey george, i hope your happy with the work that was done. the car was not in the greatest shape. 2 years without a detail...:shhh:

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...9/SAM_1915.jpg
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...9/SAM_1916.jpg
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...9/SAM_1919.jpg
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...9/SAM_1920.jpg
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...9/SAM_1927.jpg
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...9/SAM_1928.jpg
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...9/SAM_1929.jpg

i gave the car a full interior detail & treat + 3 step rotary machine work with my Dewalt DW849 rotary.

OrientBlau 06-12-2011 06:00 AM

So I had my car finally detailed by BigA Detailing after neglecting it aesthetically for well over 2 years and now it looks fantastic! Andrew and his crew brought the car back to life. :woot:

The vehicle used to get a full in-and-out treatment to the hilt when I first bought it, but as time went on and the car got older, I began to give it less attention. The past couple of years have not been kind to my vehicle and I neglected the cosmetics of the car, leading it to get dull and dirty both inside and out. It surely takes away from the driving experience. :(

Although I initially contacted Andrew as early as the winter to get work done (he ran a special around the holidays), I needed to prioritize and complete some mechanical work first, before getting to the detail aspect. Now that the detail is done, I can move on to having a new rear bumper put on, as the qtr panel clips have broken and the bumper is just in poor general shape from getting eaten up by NYC parallel parking. :tsk:

After recently making contact with Andrew and scheduling, I dropped the car off Monday night so his guys could get started early the next day. The car needed a full in-and-out detail. Paint, wheels, carpet, leather and trim. Before leaving, Andrew carefully examined the cars condition by assessing the paint, wheels and interior by explaining what each process would entail and what products would be used. Admittedly, he had me a little lost here, as I'm not too familiar with these products but I was glad he was! He knows his line of work well and it's reflected when he goes over the car with you. He was honest about what he could do and let me know not to have high hopes for things like my wheels, which have a good deal of burnt-on specs of brake dust. As far as the paint condition, it required 3 cuts to remove 90% of the swirls and now looks flawless and brilliant. I have no idea what magic he used, but be confident he knows the right combination of products to get the car where it needs to be.

After being worked on for a few days, I picked the car up yesterday morning and it looked marvelous. The paint had a deep, sick shine to it and felt like a brand new paint job to the touch. It's like night and day. The carpets were also thoroughly cleansed as was the beige leather interior, which as you know can be a nightmare to keep clean and maintain. It now looks spotless. With the car now much cleaner, I installed brand new floor mats and replaced the entire center console (cup & coin holders and the elongated console cover) as it was peeling and the coin dispenser was kaput. These parts had been sitting in my apartment for many many months, awaiting their scheduled installation after a long-awaited detail.

My overall experience with Andrew was a good one. He knows his stuff and that's really important with this type of work. What I also appreciated was his patience and the time he takes with customers to explain things before he begins, and makes sure you're satisfied when the job is complete. Highly recommended Tri-state detailer. You wont be disappointed! :thumbup:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use