E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Today i'm going to swap 3.38 differential. (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=850888)

FastKA24DET 06-15-2011 05:28 AM

Today i'm going to swap 3.38 differential.
 
I'm going to do 3.38 swap today but before the swap i wanted to test my 330ci 6 speed with 2.93 differential, "on my private 1/8 mile rode" for acceleration. I just did one rune and it felt like a good rune so i didn't bother doing another one, so my time was x.xx at 78.914 mph
My mods so far are: headers and intake + weight reduction 200lb lighter then regular 330ci LOL.
My weight reduction brakes down 2 ways, first 100lb are spare tire, tools, jack and .... that add up to 100lb and 2nd part is to keep my fuel tank around 5 gall because 12 gallons of fuel is about 100lb.

EJL486 06-15-2011 11:43 AM

I feel nauseous...

jcns 06-15-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastKA24DET (Post 13277690)
I'm going to do 3.38 swap today but before the swap i wanted to test my 330ci 6 speed with 2.93 differential, "on my private 1/8 mile rode" for acceleration. I just did one rune and it felt like a good rune so i didn't bother doing another one, so my time was x.xx at 78.914 mph
My mods so far are: headers and intake + weight reduction 200lb lighter then regular 330ci LOL.
My weight reduction brakes down 2 ways, first 100lb are spare tire, tools, jack and .... that add up to 100lb and 2nd part is to keep my fuel tank around 5 gall because 12 gallons of fuel is about 100lb.

engrish are you secon ranguage

1 gallon of gas=6.073 lb
12 gallons = 72.876
spare tire + jack + tools does not add up 100 lbs. Unless you use lead wheels.

Mango 06-15-2011 12:24 PM

this is what happens when r!cers convert over to BMW. the mind comes along with it.

welcher330xi 06-15-2011 12:32 PM

1. Take spare tire out of trunk
2. Keep no more than 5 gallons in fuel tank.
3. ?
4. Because racecar

darksideracer69 06-15-2011 12:37 PM

Every thread this guy makes gets knocked on lmao

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer App

GermanPower 06-15-2011 12:40 PM

Lmao.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Bimmer App

Lemonsqr 06-15-2011 01:47 PM

??????whaaaat??????

Alex323Ci 06-15-2011 02:49 PM

unless it causes you to do another shift to reach the end it will certainly gain.


if you had done like a 40-60 time i'm sure that would have shown more it's gains

FastKA24DET 06-17-2011 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E46Mango (Post 13278501)
this is what happens when r!cers convert over to BMW. the mind comes along with it.

I bought my first house when i was 18 and second at 21 and I have 4 cars. And i'm no r!cer or converting to bmw, had bmw before I just love to work on cars and make them better to my taste, and all my cars payed off so i can do that i dont have to weight to pay them off and then think now i can finally mod them.:excited:

Now talking about ***** I would never drop i or ci or put some cheep H&R springs that make bmw rides like **** and looks VERY RICY just ghetto

FastKA24DET 06-17-2011 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcns (Post 13278487)
engrish are you secon ranguage

1 gallon of gas=6.073 lb
12 gallons = 72.876
spare tire + jack + tools does not add up 100 lbs. Unless you use lead wheels.

My bet i was thinking of watter you are right.
As i removed those parts i weighted on digital scale.
spare tire + Jack + tools+ wheal cover + ruber mat in the trunk + leather bag with book in glow boks, rear head suport and moonroof sliding winall that always brake in these cars:facepalm: easy 100lb I did't want to type that all.

FastKA24DET 06-17-2011 03:21 AM

By the way everything went well, I love how i can drive 40 mph in 6th gear. Will do 1/8 mile rune maybe tomorrow to see if its any better at acceleration on a drag.

FastKA24DET 06-17-2011 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcher330xi (Post 13278535)
1. Take spare tire out of trunk
2. Keep no more than 5 gallons in fuel tank.
3. ?
4. Because racecar

1. I like to take chances.
2. I fill full tank and when i have 5-7 gallons left i run test on them.
3. Now what are you going to say.
4. Because i can and able to play.

FastKA24DET 06-17-2011 03:35 AM

:banghead:These use to be better forum like 4-5 years ago but ass holes like you guys that think that these car got so cheaper that ricers can buy them.:banghead:

FastKA24DET 06-17-2011 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex323Ci (Post 13279042)
unless it causes you to do another shift to reach the end it will certainly gain.


if you had done like a 40-60 time i'm sure that would have shown more it's gains

40-60 is nothing because if you say 40-70 then 2.93 will win assuming they both chipped.
It only shines on 1/4 or 1/8 off a mile, which is why i ran 1/8 of a mile to see my speed at 1/8 with 2.93 of a mile by the way that is faster then zhp, I was somewhat surprise.
I swapped this differential mainly because most of my driving is 40-60 mph and i hate to shift all the time from 5th to 6th or 6th to 5th.

alpinewhiteon18s 06-17-2011 03:53 AM

cool story bro. btw H&R makes some of the best suspensions for our cars ;) dont talk shyt! im mad cuz i got the cupkit and u insulted pplzs.

FastKA24DET 06-17-2011 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpinewhiteon18s (Post 13284980)
cool story bro. btw H&R makes some of the best suspensions for our cars ;) dont talk shyt! im mad cuz i got the cupkit and u insulted pplzs.

I had them on my 330xi and it made it drive like ****, I only kept them because factory xi is raised over i, I prefer factory 330ci suspension over anything. I mean h&r good brand and good quality spring, but suspension in 330ci makes me very pleased.

alpinewhiteon18s 06-17-2011 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastKA24DET (Post 13284986)
I had them on my 330xi and it made it drive like ****, I only kept them because factory xi is raised over i, I prefer factory 330ci suspension over anything.

the cupkit is pretty close 2 factory, so did u jus get springs??

FastKA24DET 06-17-2011 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpinewhiteon18s (Post 13284987)
the cupkit is pretty close 2 factory, so did u jus get springs??

For my xi because i got them of eBay for 50 shipped, so i sad what the heck lets try it.

\/ And they were H&R:D

alpinewhiteon18s 06-17-2011 04:29 AM

^ u get wat u pay for :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use