E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Limited edition 330ci? Huh? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=857736)

JerrySingh 07-17-2011 03:08 AM

Limited edition 330ci? Huh?

Hey guys!

4 months ago I bought an 04 bmw330ci convertable. I love it, drives nice, fun with the top on or off and powerful! I have these emblems on the back that are; in order: three M stripes, gray, blue, and red. Right next to that is the word "Power" and under that is "limited edition" in a cursive emblem. I'm a bit confused about what this is. Was it made in a certain time period? Is it one of a kind? Is it fake? Lol I'm so curious, thanks so much in advance

paraklas 07-17-2011 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerrySingh (Post 13385833)
Hey guys!

4 months ago I bought an 04 bmw330ci convertable. I love it, drives nice, fun with the top on or off and powerful! I have these emblems on the back that are; in order: three M stripes, gray, blue, and red. Right next to that is the word "Power" and under that is "limited edition" in a cursive emblem. I'm a bit confused about what this is. Was it made in a certain time period? Is it one of a kind? Is it fake? Lol I'm so curious, thanks so much in advance

That! :P

GuitarmanTT 07-17-2011 04:11 AM

No! ITS NOT FAKE. What you have is a limited edition PPO Customized installment #1. Very rare! In fact its the only one I know of! PO is for Previous Power Owner. So the other owner added things to the car to make it to there liking, then added the emblems to let every know its the only one. The problem is they forgot the other custom options and just put emblems on. So its a Limited edition BMW with the Limited edition, power, M badge extra. Some get fender vents like Buick style, or Cadillac style, but mostly fake m3 vents. Your lucky and got off with just the auto zone LE tags. In order to save yourself from certain suicide I would take them off ASAP. All of them Power mostly but the LE and the M unless its actually an M. If its not an M and it says M then its a poser. I hope you don't want to be driving down the road with a poser holding your @$s at 60 MPH. Anyway welcome to the forums! This is all in good (or bad) humor. I hope you don't take it seriously, but really... take the emblems off.

jerseyfresh 07-17-2011 12:15 PM

:pics:

rizwan1377 07-17-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerseyfresh (Post 13386414)
:pics:

+1

BoogetyBoogety 07-17-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuitarmanTT (Post 13385893)
but really... take the emblems off.

Won't that reduce the resale value? It is a very "limited edition" after all... :dunno:

:4ngie:

JerrySingh 07-17-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuitarmanTT (Post 13385893)
No! ITS NOT FAKE. What you have is a limited edition PPO Customized installment #1. Very rare! In fact its the only one I know of! PO is for Previous Power Owner. So the other owner added things to the car to make it to there liking, then added the emblems to let every know its the only one. The problem is they forgot the other custom options and just put emblems on. So its a Limited edition BMW with the Limited edition, power, M badge extra. Some get fender vents like Buick style, or Cadillac style, but mostly fake m3 vents. Your lucky and got off with just the auto zone LE tags. In order to save yourself from certain suicide I would take them off ASAP. All of them Power mostly but the LE and the M unless its actually an M. If its not an M and it says M then its a poser. I hope you don't want to be driving down the road with a poser holding your @$s at 60 MPH. Anyway welcome to the forums! This is all in good (or bad) humor. I hope you don't take it seriously, but really... take the emblems off.

Lol damnnn you really got my hopes up for a second lmao. But thanks a lot for warning me, I thought it might if been part of the zhp package. I'm only 17 and just got into e46 n all so I wasn't too sure:/

flashmeow 07-17-2011 02:07 PM

pictures

kermitthefloer 07-17-2011 02:27 PM

I laughed so hard at this. Glad you came here and learned about it, still post pictures I want to see these emblems.

Welcome to the club

Sankekur 07-17-2011 03:07 PM

All cars are limited edition :D

Brandyn. 07-18-2011 02:59 AM

:facepalm:

GuitarmanTT 07-19-2011 12:04 AM

I also think we need a pic just for the record! I want a power edition bmw. Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop!

LeMansteve 07-19-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankekur (Post 13386795)
All cars are limited edition :D

Interesting observation. Some cars are more limited than others. It's all relative!

Lemonsqr 07-19-2011 12:27 PM

rarest of the rare, but need picts to confirm

GuitarmanTT 07-19-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeMansteve (Post 13392863)
Interesting observation. Some cars are more limited than others. It's all relative!

Theory of Relative Limitivity?

What I want to know is, at what point does a car become an edition?
Like companies that buy cars to basically do what OP's previous owner did to his car. I have noticed the ford mustang is extremely vulnerable to this. Some companies Base cars are the same are the original mustang except for the badges.

Here is another thought. Could there ever be a individual car owned buy a normal person that added the perfect mix of aftermarket options and parts to the car so that it was more desired among the e46 community? Everyone try's to make it the way the want it, But honestly most the stuff it rice crap that destroys the cars value.

The only owner modified car I have seen so far that I would spend allot more money onis the blue 4 door m3 that some guy built. Its so well documented and done I think its a part of e46 history. m3 sedan

PRDesignsTony 07-19-2011 01:36 PM

^^^^^^^ ddddang thats hot! Can't believe bmw didn't release an e46 m3 sedan, or at least i've never seen any. VERY SEXY. A lot of work though

2000_328CI 07-19-2011 01:43 PM

:lmao:

saxual328ci 12-03-2012 10:30 AM

http://www.dealerrater.com/classifie...W53424PL40179k

Here is one