E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Thinking of selling my 330. Talk me out of it! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=864724)

whyzee125 08-18-2011 10:50 PM

Thinking of selling my 330. Talk me out of it!
 
Hey guys, so me and my dad went out and drove some cars today, because he's looking to upgrade his TL. Anyways, one of the cars we looked was a 2007 G35 coupe. I've ridden in a few G35's before, but I don't remember being as impressed as I was with this one. I really do love my car, but it made me so tempted. Convince me to stick with mine until I can afford an M3 ):

E46330iguy 08-18-2011 11:00 PM

if you can afford an 07 anything you can afford an 02 M3...

whyzee125 08-18-2011 11:03 PM

I can't afford an 07. I'd get an 03 lol, should have cleared that up, sorry bout that.

EmFiftyFour 08-18-2011 11:03 PM

G35's are not as cool as 330 E46's. They also don't ride as nice. Their top end power is not as strong as the M54's either.

TerraPhantm 08-18-2011 11:06 PM

Drive an M3. That should be all the convincing you need.

Also, an 03 G35 will not drive like an 07. There were some pretty significant changes during that time.

whyzee125 08-18-2011 11:22 PM

I kinda know what ya mean, something about the e46's. Seems to me like overall the Infiniti is the better car, but honestly I would miss all those little annoying things I hate about my car if I passed it on. I never thought of that for some reason. You're probably right, I know the later ones had more horsepower, but I never thought there were other differences. The ones I rode in were 04's and 05's, and they were nice, but not as nice as this one. I'll have to go drive an M3. Actually, my dream car would be a ZHP sedan with F/I. :D

Bemwe_03i 08-18-2011 11:28 PM

Testong nimmer app

Oh md domd sell ur 330!


Sent from my LG-P500h using Bimmer

325rider 08-19-2011 12:37 AM

My friend had an 03 G35 years back. The car was laughable :tsk: The gas pedal felt like it was from a 70s minivan, the clutch had bad feel, the gearbox is silly, and the plastics were rattling already. Too much lack of build quality in my opinion :eek:

dreyo27 08-19-2011 12:38 AM

i work for a dealership and we have quite a few Gs on the lot... one of witch, a 2007 g35 coupe 6 speed is what i have been driving lately, vs e46 the down side of the G is

There is no crispness while shifting, or using the clutch.
brake feel is not as good.
center consul is not layed out as well as an e46
trunk is puny,
car feels heavy.
ride is harder and less responsive,
steering is crap

but to be fair i am impressed with the power,
and the fake exhaust sound is quite nice too

Jmanscotch 08-19-2011 02:24 AM

You've seen a 2003"ish" one....right? In it's "used" glory? Build quality is shvt on the interior. That said...I'm not here to talk you out of it.

brandonwish 08-19-2011 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmanscotch (Post 13498270)
You've seen a 2003"ish" one....right? In it's "used" glory? Build quality is shvt on the interior. That said...I'm not here to talk you out of it.

I never thought I'd find you in a thread to talk someone out of selling their e46 :D

Jmanscotch 08-19-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonwish (Post 13498282)
I never thought I'd find you in a thread to talk someone out of selling their e46 :D

:rofl: Come on now Brandon....the more people that sale them (as they surely will go to poor teenage drivers who mod the crap out of them), the more mine is worth!

M3_Prodigy 08-19-2011 02:35 AM

Sell it.

brandonwish 08-19-2011 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmanscotch (Post 13498296)
:rofl: Come on now Brandon....the more people that sale them (as they surely will go to poor teenage drivers who mod the crap out of them), the more mine is worth!

Ya ya ya. Enjoy your last days on "E46"fanatics.com :tsk:;)

MercForHire 08-19-2011 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3_prodigy (Post 13498303)
sell it.



+1

Shmo 08-19-2011 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whyzee125 (Post 13497782)
I kinda know what ya mean, something about the e46's. Seems to me like overall the Infiniti is the better car, but honestly I would miss all those little annoying things I hate about my car if I passed it on. I never thought of that for some reason. You're probably right, I know the later ones had more horsepower, but I never thought there were other differences. The ones I rode in were 04's and 05's, and they were nice, but not as nice as this one. I'll have to go drive an M3. Actually, my dream car would be a ZHP sedan with F/I. :D

I want a 330I with a stage 2 turbo :drool: :lmao:

But seriously I do..

Eliott's-BMW 08-19-2011 03:40 AM

sell it, you don't deserve it..

rizwan1377 08-19-2011 03:42 AM

Have you driven and seen the 03 g35?

rizwan1377 08-19-2011 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliott's-bmw (Post 13498411)
sell it, you don't deserve it..

+1.

avglushk 08-19-2011 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliott's-BMW (Post 13498411)
sell it, you don't deserve it..

+2 :)

My gf has an 08 g35xS. Steering is horrible compare to E46. Dont get me wrong, it's a nice car otherwise it wouldn't be $25K-$30K but still after driving her car i go to drive mine and my gf asks me: why r u smiling? :) and i say because now i feel at home :)

08 G35xS is really fast..that's probably the only thing i love about it. But u r looking at 03-04.. i dont think they are as fast as 08.

But at the end it's your decision.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use