E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Khoalty Quality? taillights/ headlights? *QUESTION* (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=867654)

hcardona111793 09-01-2011 03:51 PM

Khoalty Quality? taillights/ headlights? *QUESTION*
 
hello,

for my 2004 325i i am thinking in buying the back tailights and the side markers and the front side lights all from khoalty. this will all cost me about 150$. but how good is the quality? how is the durability on the khoalty lights?
any one have them?

thanks.!

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...1at45024PM.png

TX78666 09-01-2011 04:00 PM

:popcorn:

Sanchjer 09-01-2011 04:03 PM

I've heard a lot of people say that the Khoalty lighting lets in water over time.

MercForHire 09-01-2011 04:28 PM

For rear lights i'd get OEM. I dont trust these Depo stuff's weather proofing. depo corners is fine.

hcardona111793 09-01-2011 04:29 PM

ok so il just get the front corner lights and side lights! but they dont have OEM red/clear/red for sedan!

MercForHire 09-01-2011 04:31 PM

They don't. Hmm. Well they have clear ones for coupe. Maybe only europe has the RCR.
Then just buy the depo RCR, make sure you seal it tight when installing

shadow 2 09-01-2011 05:41 PM

Err, not much experience with Depo huh? The side and front corners are notorious for leaking and moisture condensation. Do a google search. On the other hand, the rear lights have rarely had water problems.

MF325XI 09-01-2011 05:46 PM

I've had my R/C/R from khoalty since Christmas of 2010 and have no problems at all! No water or anything.

I also have the clear corners and side markers from khoalty and they work just fine. only issue was the side marker bulb connector seemed a bit loose so I wrapped it with electrical tape.

liquiddawn 09-01-2011 06:03 PM

I just recently purchased my R/C/R taillights and clear corners and side markers from Khoalty. I'm impressed with the quality of DEPO lighting. Honestly, it doesn't matter where you buy them from as all of them sell the DEPO lighting. If you want OEM tail lights, the only option you have is to get R/Y/R. I've had no problems installing the lighting and it all fit in perfectly. You won't regret your purchase.

MF325XI 09-01-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquiddawn (Post 13544585)
I just recently purchased my R/C/R taillights and clear corners and side markers from Khoalty. I'm impressed with the quality of DEPO lighting. Honestly, it doesn't matter where you buy them from as all of them sell the DEPO lighting. If you want OEM tail lights, the only option you have is to get R/Y/R. I've had no problems installing the lighting and it all fit in perfectly. You won't regret your purchase.

There is a site you can get oem rcrs but they are expensive. Can't remember the site but european bmws come with them stock.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

liquiddawn 09-01-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MF325XI (Post 13544614)
There is a site you can get oem rcrs but they are expensive. Can't remember the site but european bmws come with them stock.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

That's true. But seriously(this is just my opinion) Why would you want to pay what they are asking for them? Last time I saw them they were about $400. In all honesty, I would rather pay $150 have these last a few years and if I need to replace them, I'll just buy another pair again for $150 and I'm still better off then buying the OEM's. Again, just my opinion. I know some people are always saying, "nothing but OEM"

hcardona111793 09-01-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquiddawn (Post 13544585)
I just recently purchased my R/C/R taillights and clear corners and side markers from Khoalty. I'm impressed with the quality of DEPO lighting. Honestly, it doesn't matter where you buy them from as all of them sell the DEPO lighting. If you want OEM tail lights, the only option you have is to get R/Y/R. I've had no problems installing the lighting and it all fit in perfectly. You won't regret your purchase.

yea, ok, so as long as i seal them right, (dont know how or with what) then i should be fine. i will buy the front and side and see how those hold up.

jiggz 09-01-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquiddawn (Post 13544631)
That's true. But seriously(this is just my opinion) Why would you want to pay what they are asking for them? Last time I saw them they were about $400. In all honesty, I would rather pay $150 have these last a few years and if I need to replace them, I'll just buy another pair again for $150 and I'm still better off then buying the OEM's. Again, just my opinion. I know some people are always saying, "nothing but OEM"

I buy OEM because I don't want to deal with crappy, aftermarket Chinese made products. I get really tired of all the people here complaining about their fogged up, poor fitting, melt your bulbs lights. Uh, you get what you pay for. A quick search will reveal countless issues w/ these products. I've been running OEM lights for 9 years (2 different sets on 2 different cars) and never had an issue. A big part of it for me is piece of mind - I don't want to deal with replacing these things....ever.

jiggz 09-01-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MF325XI (Post 13544614)
There is a site you can get oem rcrs but they are expensive. Can't remember the site but european bmws come with them stock.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App


It's Turner Motorsports that carries them....

liquiddawn 09-01-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiggz (Post 13544669)
I buy OEM because I don't want to deal with crappy, aftermarket Chinese made products. I get really tired of all the people here complaining about their fogged up, poor fitting, melt your bulbs lights. Uh, you get what you pay for. A quick search will reveal countless issues w/ these products. I've been running OEM lights for 9 years (2 different sets on 2 different cars) and never had an issue. A big part of it for me is piece of mind - I don't want to deal with replacing these things....ever.

Again, it was just my opinion. Also, some of us don't have those options when it comes to lighting. For my car(pre facelift sedan) they don't have any OEM tail light upgrades that I can purchase. Yes, I can purchase the R/C/R but then I would have to fiddle around with the factory wiring since those are 7pin and mine is 6. So I'm in the same place. Yes I can get OEM clear corners and side markers, but those aren't so serious and they are just plastic(not like the tail lights which do involve wiring in the light itself)

hcardona111793 09-01-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquiddawn (Post 13544677)
Again, it was just my opinion. Also, some of us don't have those options when it comes to lighting. For my car(pre facelift sedan) they don't have any OEM tail light upgrades that I can purchase. Yes, I can purchase the R/C/R but then I would have to fiddle around with the factory wiring since those are 7pin and mine is 6. So I'm in the same place. Yes I can get OEM clear corners and side markers, but those aren't so serious and they are just plastic(not like the tail lights which do involve wiring in the light itself)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiggz (Post 13544669)
I buy OEM because I don't want to deal with crappy, aftermarket Chinese made products. I get really tired of all the people here complaining about their fogged up, poor fitting, melt your bulbs lights. Uh, you get what you pay for. A quick search will reveal countless issues w/ these products. I've been running OEM lights for 9 years (2 different sets on 2 different cars) and never had an issue. A big part of it for me is piece of mind - I don't want to deal with replacing these things....ever.

yes i agree, the side markers and corners arent that bad, as long as i seal them properly, but the tail lights are different. il leave those alone for now..

jiggz 09-02-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquiddawn (Post 13544677)
....For my car(pre facelift sedan) they don't have any OEM tail light upgrades that I can purchase...

Sure they do. I had them on my car when I had a pre-facelift -

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-11...nals-pair.aspx

Gheybe 09-02-2011 01:40 AM

Your math is wrong.

liquiddawn 09-02-2011 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiggz (Post 13545580)
Sure they do. I had them on my car when I had a pre-facelift -

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-11...nals-pair.aspx

Thanks for the link but again, those are not R/C/R. Those are just C/R and honestly they still make the car look older and are not to my taste. I and many others would like to purchase R/C/R tail lights but, again, they aren't available for pre facelifted sedans. I'm not arguing with you and I'm not saying that OEM parts aren't worth it because by all means they really are worth the extra cost. It's just that sometimes, some of us don't have those options.

Dean | KHOALTY, Inc 09-03-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcardona111793 (Post 13544278)
ok so il just get the front corner lights and side lights! but they dont have OEM red/clear/red for sedan!

Not OEM, but DEPO: http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46/light...tails-rcr.html

We sell a lot of DEPO stuff and have for years, there are a few people who have issues but pretty much all of them are fixable. A very very slim amount of our corners have the condensation issue but I can't think of any time since I've been here it hasn't been fixable without swapping the corners for replacements.

OEM is always better than aftermarket, but in my opinion, and this is not because I work here, OEM cost is typically just not worth it. All of my BMW's have DEPO products on them, they all blink, they all fit, they don't fall out, and they don't get condensation, so really I don't think OEM is worth it.

My E39 I /did/ do a HELLA Celis tail retrofit, but that's because it was a great deal and there is nothing aftermarket that even comes close to them.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use