E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Food Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Yo fuuckfaces, football food ideas (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=868829)

DylloS 09-07-2011 12:02 PM

Yo fuuckfaces, football food ideas

did I get your attention? I didn't mean to be rude. I'm just looking for ideas for food on sunday. Friend is making penne ala vodka and I would like to make something as well.

uhhhmeeer 09-07-2011 12:16 PM

T!ts

accolade 09-07-2011 12:56 PM

How many people? You looking for finger foods or meals?

TuoRedrum330i 09-07-2011 12:58 PM

buy croc pot. add chili.

DylloS 09-07-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by accolade (Post 13560770)
How many people? You looking for finger foods or meals?

either one. Maybe between 5-9 people

joeski3d 09-07-2011 02:16 PM

Get a good sauce (gravy for you guineas out there) recipe and make a sh!t ton of Baked Ziti. It's quick, easy and you can feed an army without breaking the bank.

brew 09-07-2011 05:55 PM

Buy giant cans or jars of nacho cheese sauce (the fake looking kind that you get at stadiums). Pour cheese into crock pot and set to warm. Get giant bag of chips, fresh salsa, sour cream, pickled jalapenos, refried beans, etc. Cook up some taco meat. Eat kick ass nachos until you want to barf. If you want to get gourmet on us, put the chips in a roasting oven set on low, so the chips are nice and warm.

JJR4884 09-08-2011 02:01 PM

Easiest recipe in the world if you want to do pasta... i posted it up here, but it included meatballs and all that fiasco... not needed. I made this last night and the prep/cook time took me about 30 minutes, then the rest of the time is a simmer.

Get a package of italian sweet sausage (6 per pack) and cut them into 1 inch pieces.. so 4 or 5 pieces per link. Careful, try not to tear the casing. Cook in a non stick skillet until golden brown on the outside. No oil needed, you'll get it from the sausage. Set aside.

Get two sticks of pepperoni (margherita preferably)... cut in the same sizes... cook them in the bottom of a big pot. Add a chopped small yellow onion, and cook until the onions are cooked.... not brown/caramalized, but cooked... in the last minute, add a couple cloves of chopped garlic an pour the sausage in as well. Keep steering frequently in this pot from the beginning, you don't want the pepperoni/onions/garlic to burn one bit. After another minute or two once the garlic is cooked, add 2 cans of kitchen ready crushed tomatoes. I will fill up each can about half way with water to get the rest of the tomatoes out, pour it right in... you don't want that sauce (gravy) to get too thick now.

Cook on med-high for a solid 45-60 minutes, after that bring to a simmer and let it go for... however long. 3 hours preferably, but once the pepperoni is soft and cooked all the way through, you'll be good to go.

I started last night at 7:20, we were eating by 9:00... pepperoni still needed a little bit to go, but it was still good. If you want, you can add a touch of basil/oregano... salt and pepper AT THE END... you add salt too early and the sauce cooks down, i guarantee you'll have a salty sauce... non-bueno. I think i put a tablespoon of salt in my last night if i had to guess...

Cost $18 for everything... btw

ZimZimma328Ci 09-08-2011 03:57 PM

Buy a crockpot, use this website and you won't be dissapointed!

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2005...ps-fondue.html

The only thing I cooked that I didn't much care for was the orange chicken. The cream cheese chicken is damn near amazing.

DylloS 09-08-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJR4884 (Post 13564576)
Easiest recipe in the world if you want to do pasta... i posted it up here, but it included meatballs and all that fiasco... not needed. I made this last night and the prep/cook time took me about 30 minutes, then the rest of the time is a simmer.

Get a package of italian sweet sausage (6 per pack) and cut them into 1 inch pieces.. so 4 or 5 pieces per link. Careful, try not to tear the casing. Cook in a non stick skillet until golden brown on the outside. No oil needed, you'll get it from the sausage. Set aside.

Get two sticks of pepperoni (margherita preferably)... cut in the same sizes... cook them in the bottom of a big pot. Add a chopped small yellow onion, and cook until the onions are cooked.... not brown/caramalized, but cooked... in the last minute, add a couple cloves of chopped garlic an pour the sausage in as well. Keep steering frequently in this pot from the beginning, you don't want the pepperoni/onions/garlic to burn one bit. After another minute or two once the garlic is cooked, add 2 cans of kitchen ready crushed tomatoes. I will fill up each can about half way with water to get the rest of the tomatoes out, pour it right in... you don't want that sauce (gravy) to get too thick now.

Cook on med-high for a solid 45-60 minutes, after that bring to a simmer and let it go for... however long. 3 hours preferably, but once the pepperoni is soft and cooked all the way through, you'll be good to go.

I started last night at 7:20, we were eating by 9:00... pepperoni still needed a little bit to go, but it was still good. If you want, you can add a touch of basil/oregano... salt and pepper AT THE END... you add salt too early and the sauce cooks down, i guarantee you'll have a salty sauce... non-bueno. I think i put a tablespoon of salt in my last night if i had to guess...

I think I may do this. Sounds awesome. I never heard of pepperoni in the sauce

uhhhmeeer 09-08-2011 04:04 PM

im not a fuuckface :ben:

ZimZimma328Ci 09-08-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uhhhmeeer (Post 13565002)
im not a fuuckface :ben:

but you are a piece of shit

uhhhmeeer 09-08-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZimZimma328Ci (Post 13565009)
but you are a piece of shit

:confused:

who the fvck are you?

ZimZimma328Ci 09-08-2011 05:24 PM

lol, I guess the basketball humor is probably too much for a group with absolutely no sense of humor...

Goddammit! I swear if you guys rip on me 13 or 14 more times... I'm outta here!

uhhhmeeer 09-08-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZimZimma328Ci (Post 13565273)
lol, I guess the basketball humor is probably too much for a group with absolutely no sense of humor...

Goddammit! I swear if you guys rip on me 13 or 14 more times... I'm outta here!

Oh, that was suppose to be funny?

A+ joke, will read again

ZimZimma328Ci 09-08-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uhhhmeeer (Post 13565454)
Oh, that was suppose to be funny?

A+ joke, will read again

9/10 for originality :thumbup:

sorry to hurt your feelings, e-:luv:

uhhhmeeer 09-08-2011 06:35 PM

Oh zimzimma you so funny

accolade 09-08-2011 08:05 PM

For football we always just put finger foods out. Not many of my friends who are big fans like to be bothered with paying attention to eating. Sounds dumb but you'd be surprised. Also, it interferes less with drinking (you never have to set the beer down).

JR, do you strain any of the grease out of that? 6 sausage links and 2 full pepperoni seems like it would render out a sh!tload of fat. Most store bought sausages are 30-40% fat and pepperoni is right there too...

JJR4884 09-09-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by accolade (Post 13565809)
For football we always just put finger foods out. Not many of my friends who are big fans like to be bothered with paying attention to eating. Sounds dumb but you'd be surprised. Also, it interferes less with drinking (you never have to set the beer down).

JR, do you strain any of the grease out of that? 6 sausage links and 2 full pepperoni seems like it would render out a sh!tload of fat. Most store bought sausages are 30-40% fat and pepperoni is right there too...

i did with the sausage... the oil from the pepperoni was just enough for 2 cans of tomatoes and another can of water

other than that, i used absolutely zero oil

oh and a huge :werd: with what you said... making a sauce like mine is simple, but you are dead on with simple finger foods... don't go crazy because when you see everyone paying more attention to the game than your 5 hours of labor in the kitchen, you are going to get pretty ticked off :rofl:

palindrome 09-09-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJR4884 (Post 13564576)

holy **** dude. Had the day off today and made this. OMG SO GOOD.Everyone that had it said it was amazing. Even my italian mom, who makes her own gravy every sunday. I can't believe how easy this was to make, vs. how good it was!

I bought the wrong tomatos (peeled, not crushed) but just pulsed them a bit and it turned out fine. Was a little worried about how watery it was at first, but after 2 hours is was plenty thick. I love how the pepperoni added a tad of spice while eating. Dude, seriously, thanks for this recipe, it is about to become a weekly trend.