E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Engine & Performance (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   FS: M54B25/30 Ceramic Coated Headers (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=869995)

jblack03zhp 09-12-2011 07:20 PM

FS: M54B25/30 Ceramic Coated Headers

These are a set of unused/uninstalled black ceramic coated headers I picked up for the ZHP. Unfortunately due to some unexpected legal bills :eek: :facepalm: Ive been left strapped for cash as Ive already left for school and have stopped working for the semester. So yet another year I must wait to do my full exhaust :cry:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2vmyigy.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/99f2p0.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/34ra99d.jpg

For those who are unsure the M54b25/30 means they will fit all 325/330 cars. Sorry no 323/328 fitment.

I need what I have in these back, had it non been for my issues I would've installed them and would be enjoying them for myself, so please I am very frim with my price. Im looking for 350+plus shipping. Please PM me or email me jblackman23*AT*live*DOT*com with any offers/intents of purchase

JcLusso 09-13-2011 08:51 AM

Can I ask why someone would pay $450 for these when they look identical to the ones on ebay that sell for $100 shipped minus the coating? Not trying to drop your price but unless they are different...

Where did you get these headers you are selling?

Ebay Headers: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Exhau...#ht_3049wt_903

jblack03zhp 09-13-2011 09:27 AM

:thumbsup: for your uniformed and unnecessary post there bub. Yes if you look at the right times you can get them for 100 even on ebay. I paid 100, plus 45 bucks shipping. Then I paid for the shipping to have them sent off for the ceramic coating which was a pretty penny in its self. So my total incurred expenses have been included because :read: like I stated, I wouldnt have spent my money and time to do all this if I hadnt planned to install them myself but unplanned bills come up. If you're too ignorant to see the total cost involved with doing a set of headers properly and just look at the face value then move along, maybe BMWs arent the place for you. Stuff aint cheap.

Though someones not getting a steal of deal Ive removed all the headache attached to doing this mod, minus the install. No need to troll ebay, no need to spend money and TIME waiting on delivery, and then waiting on the coating.

darksideracer69 09-13-2011 10:51 AM

WOW lol someone got defensive. Sorry man, but i agree Jc. Should be hard to get what your asking for these, not impossible.

GLWS man

jblack03zhp 09-13-2011 12:44 PM

Lol my apologies, I just dont understand how people put up paying the same just because someone has the equivalent goods and has a business name behind them. But being up til 9:30a studying an engineering workload will get your panties in a wad...

Maybe 400~450 shipped to your front door sound more appeasing?? I reaaally have to get rid of some of these parts I have laying around, but I bought them for a reason so Im not gonna undercut myself.

Rob43 09-13-2011 03:32 PM

Free Bump to the top:

OP, please take this the right way.

When you or I buy anything "New" from a vendor, we have some recourse if anything goes wrong with said product. When you or I buy second hand, even if that piece is BNIB, It's much harder if not impossible to file any kind of claim. Simply because you or I were not the Original purchaser.

That said: There's a little more risk when purchasing from an individual off of the forums. People simply want a better deal, to offset these problems / possibilities.

Good luck with your sale.
:thumbsup:

jblack03zhp 09-17-2011 10:26 AM

Preciate the words of wisdom rob. Thanks man.

TTT anyone wanna try and work something out?

bwallace530 09-17-2011 10:05 PM

I have sold something once on here and sold it for more then half price and it was brand new unused. But I did it to help someone out sense I did not need it anymore.

And on the headers I ceramtic coated mine for 25$ and works great. But OP lower the price and provide free shipping if your still going to sell for a lot.

They do look like they had a real good job on the coating and someone will buy so good luck with the sale.

jetblackmaverick 09-18-2011 04:42 AM

Those look just like the ones i picked up off ebay and the o2 sensor locations are in the wrong locations, two run into the body of the car and two others run into each other when installed. Had to install, mark new locations for o2 sensors after putting the passenger engine mount back in and also installing the subframe brace, then remove and send out to be modified at the muffler shop. Worst week of my life working on a car project. Price is a bit high, gotta be realistic, but glws as they look nice.

FastKA24DET 09-18-2011 04:18 PM

Why whould u coat ebay headers in first place.

bwallace530 09-18-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastKA24DET (Post 13596072)
Why whould u coat ebay headers in first place.

The question is why wouldn't you?

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer

jblack03zhp 09-19-2011 12:50 AM

What Bwallace said. Ebay, supersprint, bimmerbrake, etc. it doesnt matter. Whoever made it is neither here nor there in that aspect, its all uncoated metal. The extreme heat created by your exhaust gases transfer through the highly conducive metal, negatively affecting major compents of your vehicles engine bay that dont like heat so much; wire coatings, hoses, & the likes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

FastKA24DET 09-19-2011 01:41 AM

thats why i used heat wrap for 20 bucks. that will work better then a coat.

jblack03zhp 09-19-2011 07:26 AM

You can, idk how I feel about the wrapping. Coating is more aesthetically pleasing along with added protection from corrosion. Its bare metal, wrapping doesnt seal it from the elements. But regardless this is a FS thread, not a discussion, unless if you have intent to purchase, please move this to a new thread in the proper section.

ThatGuy_JZ 01-19-2012 09:16 PM

I know this is an old post, but are these still available? I'm local too.

KickTheCAN 01-20-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatGuy_JZ (Post 13998074)
I know this is an old post, but are these still available? I'm local too.

Dude, I think he's dead from that engineering workload

Hornung418 01-20-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jblack03zhp (Post 13597281)
What Bwallace said. Ebay, supersprint, bimmerbrake, etc. it doesnt matter. Whoever made it is neither here nor there in that aspect, its all uncoated metal. The extreme heat created by your exhaust gases transfer through the highly conducive metal, negatively affecting major compents of your vehicles engine bay that dont like heat so much; wire coatings, hoses, & the likes.

Old post I know...

But to clarify, a header coating job is to keep the hot exhaust gasses, well, hot, as not to allow them to cool. This keeps the velocity of the exhaust high resulting in better exhaust scavenging. If you want to protect "Major components," you need heat shielding.

Perfect_Balance 01-20-2012 09:50 AM

^ Explain this in more detail.

If the ceramic coating does keep the exhaust gases hot, I'm assuming that the coating works as insulation. If it works as insulation wouldn't a byproduct of that be protecting external components from realizing the potential heat from the headers?

Hornung418 01-20-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfect_Balance (Post 13999405)
^ Explain this in more detail.

If the ceramic coating does keep the exhaust gases hot, I'm assuming that the coating works as insulation. If it works as insulation wouldn't a byproduct of that be protecting external components from realizing the potential heat from the headers?

Yes you are correct. But this fool selling the product got them coated to protect his "Major Components." For some reason that's his selling point, and not the increased exhaust scavenging that comes with that.

Just saying...don't run these with out the proper heat shielding.

jblack03zhp 01-20-2012 02:20 PM

Holy thread revival batman!!

But jesus christ guys, its a for sale ad. Not a technical discussion board for pros and cons of parts modifications. I know about exhaust scavenging, but however, many do not, wasnt trying to create a huge, in-depth discussion just to sell some parts... But Hornung418, point for you my friend, it appears you are well informed, hopefully, and not just regurgitating information. Thanks for the knowledge.