E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Lighting Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Do facelift sedans use smaller angel eyes than the rest? Khoalty AEs don't fit... (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=872234)

Mango 09-22-2011 08:15 PM

Do facelift sedans use smaller angel eyes than the rest? Khoalty AEs don't fit...

1 Attachment(s)
I spent an hour trying to install the new $130 LED Khoalty angel eyes on my car today (facelift sedan). They're way too effing big and they hit the bezel. The bezel won't pop back on without completely shoving the outside angel eye ring out of the way. The rings are the same size as the outer chrome bezel. When I view pics of properly installed angel eyes, it appears they are smaller than the chrome bezel, not the same size. I e-mailed Khoalty. I'm extremely dissapointed because I wanted these on. We'll see how they handle this.

zhenkaaaM3 09-22-2011 08:20 PM

your picture looks off. your left angel eye you should be moving more to the right and center it. The bezel I dont believe goes on smoothly. id show you a picture of my setup but its too dark out.

Mango 09-22-2011 08:24 PM

Right.. that's the whole reason I posted the picture. Did you actually read my post?

Please stop posting

Sanchjer 09-22-2011 08:24 PM

They may have sent you ones for a halogen set up.

Mango 09-22-2011 08:27 PM

Now that you've said that, I think thats exactly what they did. Thank you...

crazyafghanguy 09-22-2011 08:28 PM

are the rings both the same size?

Mango 09-22-2011 08:29 PM

yes

zhenkaaaM3 09-22-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E46Mango (Post 13610887)
Right.. that's the whole reason I posted the picture. Did you actually read my post?

Please stop posting

YOU MAAAAAAAAAAAAD????????????????

Reason I said to move it to the right, is to literally move it to the left so the bezel would go in.

Nvrmind, you lost the help.

Mango 09-22-2011 09:14 PM

Anybody else? I'm not sure Khoalty is going to come through on this.

Mango 09-22-2011 09:31 PM

This guy had the same issue. The bezel wont snap on. The facelift sedan headlights seem to have tighter gaps between the bezel and chrome. The bezel simply will not fit. If you look at the bottom two pictures of ANOTHER dude, the rings are smaller than the CHROME. Not the same size like the ones KHoalty sent me

http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...=855606&page=2

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4883/image1nf.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7906/image4xe.jpg

E46nguyen 09-22-2011 09:57 PM

I wonder your headlight is OEM or replace?? If is not OEM for facelift, this issue is yours!

My issue is same to you with the led angle eyes from Umnizta. My xenon headlight is not OEM (on E46-2005), my car is 2003 model, so the rings is bigger than chrome!
I myself cutted the plastic bar which connect two head of ring and nerrow it.Then fix it again by heat and glue!! If not, the ring will not inside the bezal and chrome, fluctuating when your car running!

Your issue need widering the ring if Khoalty not change the other for you. If they exchange, i think the second one is still not fix 100% again.

liquiddawn 09-22-2011 10:15 PM

Ok, some of you people posting clearly have no clue what you are talking about. E46Mango, Khoalty has sent you the wrong set of angel eyes, you NEED to contact them and make them send you the correct ones.

Apple4life 09-22-2011 10:47 PM

Did you select projector fitment when you ordered it? If both rings are the same size, they are for halogen type headlights. They probably sent you the wrong one. Good luck on getting the correct set from them.

Mango 09-23-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E46nguyen (Post 13611187)
I wonder your headlight is OEM or replace?? If is not OEM for facelift, this issue is yours!

My issue is same to you with the led angle eyes from Umnizta. My xenon headlight is not OEM (on E46-2005), my car is 2003 model, so the rings is bigger than chrome!
I myself cutted the plastic bar which connect two head of ring and nerrow it.Then fix it again by heat and glue!! If not, the ring will not inside the bezal and chrome, fluctuating when your car running!

Your issue need widering the ring if Khoalty not change the other for you. If they exchange, i think the second one is still not fix 100% again.

My headlights are OE (not OEM--learn your terminology, please) :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquiddawn (Post 13611241)
Ok, some of you people posting clearly have no clue what you are talking about. E46Mango, Khoalty has sent you the wrong set of angel eyes, you NEED to contact them and make them send you the correct ones.

I did contact Khoalty. He's pointing the blame at me for not installing them correctly. I keep telling him that there physically, literally, and absolutely is no room for the LED ring to fit between the chrome shroud and the black bezel. It physically does not fit. I asked him to send out the right rings. He insists I have the right ones and told me to ship it back for a refund--OK so you don't want my business? I hope he comes through. I've bought lots of sh!t from this guy. By the way, both rings are IDENTICAL in size.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple4life (Post 13611327)
Did you select projector fitment when you ordered it? If both rings are the same size, they are for halogen type headlights. They probably sent you the wrong one. Good luck on getting the correct set from them.

Yes I did select the ones for Xenon.

liquiddawn 09-23-2011 12:19 AM

He clearly sent you the wrong ones, if all rings are the same size he sent you ones for halogen headlights. His response to you is the typical Khoalty response after you have already made your purchase. I haven't had any issues with them yet, but that's because I've gotten all the correct parts.

If I were you, I would just send them back and get your money back. You should buy the Orion V2's from Umnitza anyway. (Just my opinion, well, and many others, but they are the best ones for the money)

Apple4life 09-23-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquiddawn (Post 13611601)
he clearly sent you the wrong ones, if all rings are the same size he sent you ones for halogen headlights. His response to you is the typical khoalty response after you have already made your purchase. I haven't had any issues with them yet, but that's because i've gotten all the correct parts.

If i were you, i would just send them back and get your money back. You should buy the orion v2's from umnitza anyway. (just my opinion, well, and many others, but they are the best ones for the money)

+1

farmdog 09-23-2011 12:32 AM

Get your money back...no angel eyes looks best.

Mango 09-23-2011 12:32 AM

I've read on Bimmerfest http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=213336 of other people having to dremel their facelifted sedan's bezel for the angel eye that attaches to the projector. I think the orion V2s may not need modding because they're thinner rings to begin with. I'd rather not deal with shipping--i want to make this work. BUt I guess I will if I have to. Does Khoalty make you eat the shipping even though his product does not install/work as advertised?

liquiddawn 09-23-2011 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E46Mango (Post 13611623)
I've read on Bimmerfest http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=213336 of other people having to dremel their facelifted sedan's bezel for the angel eye that attaches to the projector. I think the orion V2s may not need modding because they're thinner rings to begin with. I'd rather not deal with shipping--i want to make this work. BUt I guess I will if I have to. Does Khoalty make you eat the shipping even though his product does not install/work as advertised?

He will make you eat the shipping. However, the fact that he even responded to you and offered to even give you a refund is amazing. I would take it and run.

The Orion V2's are not thinner, they are the thickest angel eyes out there(some people actually don't like that about them) They are also the brightest and they fit perfectly.

Don't deal with dremels or any of that, take the easy way and just send those back and get the Orion V2's, you will love them! Especially the new opaque ones they have.

gymkhana 09-23-2011 01:18 AM

I know theres alot of strange angel eyes floatin around.... I got a e36 set by accident and the only reason i exchanged them is bc they prohibit projector movement bc there just barely too small.... Theres been a ton of debate about angel eye and i wish there was someone with the resources to settle it and make a legitimate guide