E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   ///M3 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   iamwilliam's ride.. slow progress thread ;) (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=873764)

iamwilliam 09-30-2011 04:45 AM

iamwilliam's ride.. slow progress thread ;)

Bought my 04 m3 with 69k on it in December of last year and haven't introduced the car to you guys yet. It's an 04 alpine white, with imola red interior, 6 mt. I picked it up from a private seller in San Francisco and drove it back down to LA. I reset the mpg before i made the drive and i was so surprised with the mpg when i got home, 32.4! Well since then here are some basic things i've done to the car (bone stock when i got it).

-painted reflectors
-umnitza led angel eyes
-tinted windows
-k&n drop in filter
-short shifter (not sure what brand, gift from a friend)
-black and white roundels
-matte black m3 emblem
-matte black front and kidney grills
-tinted tail lights
-depo smoked side markers
-depo smoked corners
-yellow high beams
-yellow fog light films
-csl brake upgrade
-carbon fiber front splitters
-carbon fiber csl style diffuser
-st coilover suspension
-15mm front and 12mm rear spacers
-just got another set of rear oem 18's to run a squared set-up (not installed yet)

here's some pics..

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Getting the performance itch.. what to mod next? suggestions.

GcD 09-30-2011 05:01 PM

Congrats! Clean M3.
Performance? Headers:thumbup:

iamwilliam 09-30-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GcD (Post 13637385)
Congrats! Clean M3.
Performance? Headers:thumbup:

Thx man.. Yeah I've been researching headers and have seen a lot of ppl having to weld in cats and resonators and whatnot to pass emissions and get a nice exhaust sound.. Is there any company that already makes a catted section 2 that will pass California emissions?

iamwilliam 09-30-2011 06:34 PM

I do have one issue with the ac tho.. Not sure if there's something wrong or if m3 ac just sucks.. It does blow hot and cold air.. But it seems really weak.. Like It doesn't blow very hard like normal cars and the defrost takes forever. Any ideas?

GcD 09-30-2011 09:02 PM

Only heard of catted section 1's. Try Custom-Performance dot net. Jack is more than helpful with your needs/questions.

2000_328CI 09-30-2011 09:43 PM

:thumbup:

iamwilliam 10-01-2011 03:40 AM

Maybe section 1 is what I'm talking about haha

iamwilliam 10-02-2011 04:40 AM

GcD, i just checked out custom-performance and that is exactly what i was looking for.. thx for the link. So i guess full exhaust set-up is my next goal. Maybe buy myself an early x-mas gift this year ;)

iamwilliam 10-02-2011 04:45 AM

Here are a couple crappy pics of the imola interior.. I love it when people who haven't ridden in the car before walk up to the car to get in and they don't notice the red interior (since my windows are tinted) until they open the door.. i love watching their reaction haha.

Photobucket
Photobucket

bmxpert86 10-02-2011 09:18 PM

Nice car...good luck with it. The ac is weak on most bmw's, in Europe they never use ac because it's so cold. The heat in my M is great.

iamwilliam 10-03-2011 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmxpert86 (Post 13643047)
Nice car...good luck with it. The ac is weak on most bmw's, in Europe they never use ac because it's so cold. The heat in my M is great.

really? the heat in my m kinda sucks.. maybe i should get it checked out.. ugh!

WillE46 10-03-2011 07:21 AM

Nice M. AW is my favorite color. You might want to get your a/c checked out. Mine works perfectly and blows hard if you ask of it.

IHAZBMR 10-03-2011 11:41 AM

My air works amazing....it's over 100 here in the summer and I turn it on after sitting all day and by the time I pull out of my driveway and get 1/4 mile its cold....blows so hard the damn vents won't stay on me, always have to adjust them....

iamwilliam 10-05-2011 12:27 AM

Getting sick of the yellowish oem reverse and license plate lights so i ordered some led ones from khoalty also made an appt with west end alignment in gardena, ca to get my car 4 wheel balanced and alignment, i'm wondering if i will be able to feel a difference in handling once i get it done.

JamaicanBlueE46M3 10-05-2011 08:42 AM

Nice car, to address the A/C issue, firstly u may need to check if it needs gas, if thats ok then it carries a water valve on the left front Apron right under the intake hose that may need replacing. That can cause the A/C to blow hot and cold at the same time. If it isn't blowing powerful check the pollen filter that is located under the bonnet on the windshield panel, that may be blocked. Just a couple suggestions that u can check, hope they help.

iamwilliam 10-08-2011 06:18 PM

Just got the lights in today, but I totally didn't read the description when i was buying the reverse lights and realized that they were sold as singles.. ugh. Ordered another one so will post pics of reverse lights later. Here are some before and after pics of the license plate lights tho.
Before
Photobucket
After
Photobucket
Single reverse light led bulb
Photobucket

Dominic.G. 10-08-2011 06:56 PM

looks great!

iamwilliam 10-11-2011 09:53 PM

Was searching around and found the macht schnell stage 1 intake charge kit that upgrades the intake elbow and drop in filter. The site claims dyno tested increase of over 10rwhp and 7ft/lbs tq. Anyone have this kit? please chime in. thx

iamwilliam 10-17-2011 03:02 AM

just installed the reverse lights.. i can actually see in the rear view mirror thru the tint now.. much better.
left is led, right is oem
Photobucket
both installed
Photobucket

iamwilliam 10-17-2011 03:06 AM

thinking about getting a faux carbon fiber roof (vinyl).. do you guys think it looks good or tacky?

here's a link http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=704966