E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Fcp groton customer service (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=874522)

bmwguyNC 10-04-2011 01:56 AM

Fcp groton customer service
 
Just wanted to share a customer service experience I received: While needing some cooling system components I was searching Prices, Brands , etc. I have ordered from Fcp before so i remembered an email that I received introducing a new guy with Fcp Joe coppola and some coupon codes. The email contained an AIM contact name. I added the name as a buddy and sent a message to see what October coupon codes were. It was 11:30 Pm at night I did not expect a reply right away but maybe the morning. Well to my surprise he responded immediately, I thought these guys working at 11:30 pm. I asked him a couple questions about brands of waterpumps, thermostats etc. He put together me an amazing price. I said well if you can get it to me in two days then yes. He said with what I was wanting he would have to special order one of the items due to the brand so 3 days. I said no good! So he offered me a different item and then gave me a $35 discount. Although it was not the brand I wanted he assured me it came from a reputable after market supplier. With FCP GROTON one year warranty as well. He also promised me the hoses would be Bmw OEM. He spent about 30 minutes with me on AIM. I just want to give FCP GROTON a big hats off to some Excellent Customer Service! Thank You FCPJOEC (AIM) :thumbsup:

BimmersGarage 10-04-2011 06:50 AM

What alternate brand was it?

Bavaryan 10-04-2011 07:45 PM

I agree. I was very impressed with them as well. The quality of the aftermarket graf pump seemed to be very good, and I got an OEM thermostat and hoses for less than what other companies wanted for aftermarket. They also shipped very quickly. Time will tell how well the GRAF pump holds up, but i'm more than pleased with FCP Groton, even if the pump does fail premature.

Not many websites make their own product, what differentiates them is their customer service and price, and they do it well IMO.

delmarco 10-04-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BimmersGarage (Post 13647646)
What alternate brand was it?

Those guys are big on MEYLE parts.

I purchased MEYLE Control Arms from them and Brake Pads and Rotors when I had my E36. I haven't used them since 2005.

I concur 100% that they have good prices and great customer service but they do not sell OEM or OE parts.

Basically they are the best place to go when you are on a budget. You won't get OEM BMW Dealership parts but you will get good everything else.

However, if you are earning enough coin to upkeep your car with OEM/OE parts then go elsewhere.

ac_2007 10-04-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delmarco (Post 13650533)
Those guys are big on MEYLE parts.

I purchased MEYLE Control Arms from them and Brake Pads and Rotors when I had my E36. I haven't used them since 2005.

I concur 100% that they have good prices and great customer service but they do not sell OEM or OE parts.

Basically they are the best place to go when you are on a budget. You won't get OEM BMW Dealership parts but you will get good everything else.

However, if you are earning enough coin to upkeep your car with OEM/OE parts then go elsewhere.

I purchased genuine Bosch oxygen sensors from them. They have plenty of OE parts.

GCoop 10-04-2011 10:13 PM

Ill have to disagree that they do not sell OEM parts. They most certialy do. Just got a killer deal on a Lemforder control arm/innerballjoint/bushing package for the XI.

delmarco 10-04-2011 10:24 PM

Well I stand corrected. I guess they changed since 2005. Like I said I've not used them since 2004/2005. That was 7 years ago. Most of you were 10 years old 7 years ago. So it would be safe to assume they've evolved to include OEM/OE parts today.

But back then they were the best place to get cheap aftermarket stuff especially control arms and brakes. If you are on a budget I highly recommend them for suspension and brake components over some random eBay seller.

blarf 10-04-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delmarco (Post 13650629)
Well I stand corrected. I guess they changed since 2005. Like I said I've not used them since 2004/2005. That was 7 years ago. Most of you were 10 years old 7 years ago. So it would be safe to assume they've evolved to include OEM/OE parts today.

They've always carried OE stuff to my knowledge. I've gotten plenty of stuff in little blue Volvo baggies from them. But they push the cheapest stuff... hard. And they don't really know what they're selling. If you ask them about the quality of whatever off-brand they're selling... they'll tell you it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

As for customer service, I gave up when they forgot how to use a computer. And, yes, while they were typically prompt in replying to e-mails... hearing the same old excuse of "I'm going to smack that boy upside the head" got tiresome. Orders shipped to the wrong address, wrong parts included, and so on.

And, yes, their web site sucks a big fat one.

http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=494554
http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...6&postcount=22
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12576094
http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...53&postcount=5
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...8&postcount=13
http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...php?p=13383298

FCPGroton 10-05-2011 08:38 AM

Yes I will agree with the previous post that FCP has changed since 2005, especially over the last few years. We have learned a lot from the community over these years and have always had the mentality that it's not about the "one and done" sale just to make a profit. We are trying to establish a trust and relationship with our customers so they will keep coming back and I agree I think we lacked that a few years back. We constantly read and listen to you guys on the forums and make a lot of changes based off your comments, especially when it comes to quality. I know this first hand because I was the one day and night for months going through application guides so we could add more Lemforder and Meyle products to our websites as well as other OEM BMW parts. Since then we have had much better feedback and I think you guys are starting to see the commitment to change while still being your most affordable option. Yes, the prior post was also true we have always sold OEM parts as well as aftermarket, and going forward we will continuously always be reviewing all our products and making adjustments so we are certain that any part going out is living up to all expectations . I think that's what you guys would prefer and that's the route we are taking. It will be interesting to see how the car part market in general will be over the next 5 years, but in the long run as long as you have quality parts I think your customer will be most happy, so that will always be our priority. thanks guys!

Max Rossi (VP Sales/Customer Relations)

remshot11 10-05-2011 08:50 AM

I would have to agree with great customer service. I had a big order that at the last min I didnt need. They took it back no questions asked. Thank you guys. I will shop from you again (this time I wont return the parts)

Bavaryan 05-15-2012 05:47 PM

I WAS very impressed with FCP, it is a shame that a simple return has changed my mind. Even a bigger shame, the return was being done as a goodwill gesture by them, so their intentions were good, but now I can't seem to get anyone to return my emails or to find out what is going on with my return. At this point i'm unsure about purchasing from them in the future, a company is only as good as their word.

Edog323 09-10-2012 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RG5384 (Post 14396683)
I WAS very impressed with FCP, it is a shame that a simple return has changed my mind. Even a bigger shame, the return was being done as a goodwill gesture by them, so their intentions were good, but now I can't seem to get anyone to return my emails or to find out what is going on with my return. At this point i'm unsure about purchasing from them in the future, a company is only as good as their word.

I stopped ordering from them, for this same exact reason. I placed an order with them one time, nothing crazy expensive a drivers side window regulator and a quart of oil order total was 75-80 bucks. UPS delivers the package some dipshit where I live decides to steal the package. I call FCP and ask if they can resend the same order they tell me I have to pay for those items again or file a claim with UPS and wait to get my money back from UPS and then FCP will redeliver the same items at no cost again. I have spent hundreds of dollars with these guys, placing orders almost every week and instead of FCP sending the items back to me as a gesture of good faith business with good customers, they rather you go through the process of trying to get your money back on your own. So here is the kicker, 1 month went by, because FCP wouldn't redeliver the order and UPS wouldn't give me any info on the claim, they always tell me to contact FCP. So back and forth with this nonsense over a 75-80 dollar order, so I call them and ask what's the status of the claim......they say oh that claim was paid on (a week prior), would you like us to redeliver the order? Mind you FCP should have called me and asked me if I wanted my money back or reship the stolen items. The moral is had I not called back and followed up they would've just kept the claim money and the original purchase. I told them yes I want those reshipped and consider that my last order with you guys, thanks. I order my stuff from ECS or Eeuroparts customer service is 100 percent better and although the prices are slightly higher than FCP, customer service to me goes a long way, those FCP guys need a lot of that.

Sent from my PG06100 using Bimmer App

makecopies 09-10-2012 07:43 AM

I will stick with getBMWparts.com

I had a horrible experience with them and I had to come out of pocket to ship the item back to them. I almost had to get my bank involved
on the refund. Huge waste of time!

ac_2007 09-10-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edog323 (Post 14719069)
I stopped ordering from them, for this same exact reason. I placed an order with them one time, nothing crazy expensive a drivers side window regulator and a quart of oil order total was 75-80 bucks. UPS delivers the package some dipshit where I live decides to steal the package. I call FCP and ask if they can resend the same order they tell me I have to pay for those items again or file a claim with UPS and wait to get my money back from UPS and then FCP will redeliver the same items at no cost again. I have spent hundreds of dollars with these guys, placing orders almost every week and instead of FCP sending the items back to me as a gesture of good faith business with good customers, they rather you go through the process of trying to get your money back on your own. So here is the kicker, 1 month went by, because FCP wouldn't redeliver the order and UPS wouldn't give me any info on the claim, they always tell me to contact FCP. So back and forth with this nonsense over a 75-80 dollar order, so I call them and ask what's the status of the claim......they say oh that claim was paid on (a week prior), would you like us to redeliver the order? Mind you FCP should have called me and asked me if I wanted my money back or reship the stolen items. The moral is had I not called back and followed up they would've just kept the claim money and the original purchase. I told them yes I want those reshipped and consider that my last order with you guys, thanks. I order my stuff from ECS or Eeuroparts customer service is 100 percent better and although the prices are slightly higher than FCP, customer service to me goes a long way, those FCP guys need a lot of that.

Sent from my PG06100 using Bimmer App


1) That is technically the correct procedure for something is stolen. They are not responsible for what UPS does, or the theif who allegedly stole your order. You would benefit from telling the reps that you simply didn't receive the order, at which point they can be the ones who initiate the investigation.

2) You always have to pay for return shipping unless explicitly implied otherwise.

3) Nobody has time for emails, responses are always delayed unless you're dealing with a small business, so thats typical.
FCP has a phone number, and wait times have always been short (for me anyways).

4) Reps have personally contacted me to update on the status of my orders, and they have been very knowledgeble.


Not all feedback is the same, nor is it positive, but those are a few points I felt should be noted.

Edog323 09-10-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac_2007 (Post 14719824)
1) That is technically the correct procedure for something is stolen. They are not responsible for what UPS does, or the theif who allegedly stole your order. You would benefit from telling the reps that you simply didn't receive the order, at which point they can be the ones who initiate the investigation.

2) You always have to pay for return shipping unless explicitly implied otherwise.

3) Nobody has time for emails, responses are always delayed unless you're dealing with a small business, so thats typical.
FCP has a phone number, and wait times have always been short (for me anyways).

4) Reps have personally contacted me to update on the status of my orders, and they have been very knowledgeble.


Not all feedback is the same, nor is it positive, but those are a few points I felt should be noted.

When I've ordered from amazon and RMEuropean for that matter things have gotten lost or stolen, and guess what happens the order gets shipped out again, no questions asked why because MAKING THE CUSTOMER HAPPY should be the important thing not some bullshit like oh well you have to pay for your order again.

And I've left voice messages on three different extensions over there and not one phonecall was ever returned regarding my issue. I've been placing orders with them since 2007 this issue was in 2011.

Not saying they have a bad rep I had never had an issue, I'm just saying they could have just looked at my account and saw I'm a regular customer there and said you know what let's just send him his order again. Instead put me THE CUSTOMER through bullshit and then when the stupid UPS claim was paid,give me a call and just tell me, hey we got reimbursed we are shipping those items to you again. THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS.

And as far as not having time for emails well then if your mindset is like that while having a business, why have an Email, just tell all your customers that we don't waste time reading emails.

I understand your in business to make money not lose money, but you don't want to lose customers either.

Sent from my PG06100 using Bimmer App

ac_2007 09-10-2012 02:10 PM

Agreed they should not have asked you to repay your order without initiating their investigation first.

Edog323 09-10-2012 02:39 PM

That's what kind of burned me. I was ordering from them since they had the FCP groton.com website and they hit me off with that line, I don't mind giving small businesses my money, just treat me right when I'm sure it wouldn't really cost them much to do so. But that was my experience with them, hopefully no one else has to go through that.

Sent from my PG06100 using Bimmer App


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use