Help! Flickering headlights
My friend's car has some headlights and some sort of aftermarket HID or XENON (no idea which) which I was hoping you could help me to identify.
The issue that I am having is the headlights will flicker while driving (and sometimes while stopped). I am planning to take everything apart and check for ground wires, etc.
But before I go any further, I would love your input as to what kind of housing / headlights these might be?
Thanks for your help in advance!
Found this thread and will be checking the rear tail light bulbs as well, guess I should stop ignoring those warnings! Keep you guys posted, thanks for having such great resource here!
I pulled off both tail light pannels and disconnected each of the harnesses. At first they looked exactly the same, but heard from a previous post that there might be some sort of a burning smell. I put my nose to both, and low-and-behold.... the passenger side one clearly smelled burnt! Under closer examination, you could see that pin #3 (ground) had some funky thing going on with the connector. I followed a modified version of the instructions found on this page: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=512469
1. Got a piece of 14 gauge wire and cut a piece about 5", stripped both ends
2. Cut a small relief into the brown wire (#3) and attached one end of the 14 gauge wire to it
3. Since the lighting panel did not have a place for a connector, so I traced pin #3 (from the female socket) to somewhere on the board in which I could wrap the wire around. (Found a hole that I was able to wrap the wire around)
4. Put some electrical tape on both ends of the connections to make things tight.
This re-grounding solved the issues:
1. Flickering Xenons - SOLVED!
2. Passenger side blinker would start fast and then return to a normal speed (barely noticeable, but if you drive the car a lot) - SOLVED!
3. Tail light out indicator - SOLVED!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.