E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Lighting Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   White instrument cluster (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=883338)

Bimmekid91 10-31-2011 05:18 PM

White instrument cluster
 
1 Attachment(s)
Would this be a good buy? I want to give it a sportier look at night

tinman831 11-01-2011 04:32 PM

You won't even be able to see them at night. What's the point?

Bimmekid91 11-01-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinman831 (Post 13757269)
You won't even be able to see them at night. What's the point?

Yes you can it looks way better

E46Moonlight 11-01-2011 05:36 PM

Go with Silver

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/s...t/IMG_9560.jpg

Bimmekid91 11-01-2011 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by E46Moonlight (Post 13757443)

That looks clean! The main reason I wanna change it is to get this look at night

E46Moonlight 11-01-2011 06:15 PM

sorry to ask but was your last car a Honda/Acura?

Bimmekid91 11-01-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E46Moonlight (Post 13757538)
sorry to ask but was your last car a Honda/Acura?

Yes an expensive one

stevenluczynski 11-01-2011 07:29 PM

:lmao:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimmekid91 (Post 13757680)
Yes an expensive one


E46Moonlight 11-01-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimmekid91 (Post 13757680)
Yes an expensive one

Lolz expensive one!
K. Lesson #1: JDM and German/Euro don't mix. But that's my Honest opinion

tinman831 11-01-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimmekid91 (Post 13757492)
That looks clean! The main reason I wanna change it is to get this look at night

You do realize that picture was taken with the flash on right? What happens when you turn it off... It's just the red illumination against a dark background. You can see at the top of the gauge face where the flash didn't hit it, it's dark.

tinman831 11-01-2011 11:53 PM

Oh and to add, the quality of the overlays you see on eBay vary a lot. Most are printed onto a vinyl or film and you can see what looks like pixelation (not sure of the term). The letters and numbers won't look like oem quality.

Locutus09 11-02-2011 10:29 AM

Black background with white LEDs....

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezwe...cd_gallery.jpg

bmwmen 11-03-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimmekid91 (Post 13757680)
Yes an expensive one

With Honda expensive seems to be equal to good (?) :D lol

Bimmekid91 11-03-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinman831 (Post 13758474)
You do realize that picture was taken with the flash on right? What happens when you turn it off... It's just the red illumination against a dark background. You can see at the top of the gauge face where the flash didn't hit it, it's dark.

No it's all white that dark spot was my fault, the angle I took the photo

Western Skier 11-04-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E46Moonlight (Post 13757443)

Dude, get that baby in the shop!

Jeffro325 12-25-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimmekid91 (Post 13754151)
Would this be a good buy? I want to give it a sportier look at night

I'd like to do something like this on my car as well! Our stock gauges are so damn boring, doesn't do the car justice...
So I was curious if you finally found a quality set, and if you're happy with your purchase?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use