E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Site Sponsor Specials and Sales (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   The best Cold Air Intake System. (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=888898)

Ryan@GF-Performance 11-29-2011 05:16 PM

The best Cold Air Intake System.

This sale has ENDED but feel free to send me a PM if you are interested, chances are that we will still honor the sale price for you. If not, we can work something out!

Like the thread title suggests, this CAI System is currently the BEST on the market for the below models. Featuring the highest HP/Torque gains for a CAI on the market, plain and simple.

So, what makes this system so special?

A true cold air intake system relocates the filter outside of the engine compartment to deliver the coldest air inlet temperatures possible. Cooler air carries more oxygen, which translates into a more intense explosion in the combustion chamber to create more horsepower and torque. But that's only part of the power equation. Tuning the inlet pipe in length and diameter to match the engine's resonance helps move more air to the cylinders, this tuning allows you to deliver large power gains.

This CAI is very similar to the popular "Dinan Tube Style CAI". The Injen CAI went a couple steps further when compared to Dinan however. The Injen system not only includes a Heat-Shield, but also features a full replacement of the OEM upper intake boot providing less flex and more consistent air flow. You also have a choice of two different finishes, polished aluminum or gloss black.

http://www.injen.com/galleries/produ...10_install.jpg

Applications

1998-2000 BMW 323 (E46)
1998-2000 BMW 328 (E46)
2001-2006 BMW 325 (E46) does not fit 325 models that are equipped with the M56 engine.
Sadly Injen hasn't manufactured this intake for the 330 models yet, in the near future we will be putting together a list of potential buyers and will stress to Injen that a system for the 330 should be manufactured.

Benefits

-Straight up, this intake system is currently the best system on the market for 323,325,328 models. Featuring a superior build quality, throttle response and power gains in both horsepower and torque.

-This system includes the following: Aluminum upper intake boot, Heat-Shield, Intake Pipe, High Performance Air Filter, All the needed Hardware, Detailed installation Manual and an HID Ballast Relocation Kit (if needed)

-Replaces your flimsy rubber intake boot with an aluminum intake tube, providing more consistent air flow

-A heat shield is included to block out engine heat

-The air filter is located outside of the engine compartment, truly providing cold air

-Maximum power gains with the race grade Tube Style construction

-Available in 2 finishes, polished aluminum (seen above) or a sleek glossy black finish

-Made in the U.S.A.

http://gf-performance.com/images/Water_sock.jpg

HydroShield Pre-Filter

Injen Technology's HYDRO-SHIELD PRE-FILTERS are a race proven material manufactured from highly durable polyester. Uniform micron openings allow the filtering of debris .005" or larger. The HYDRO-SHIELD PRE-FILTERS are factory treated using an embedded hydrophobic process, which offers consistent airflow, water repellency and maintains horsepower gains.

Benefits

-Keeps the air filter free of debris and unwanted particles

-Easy installation, slips right over the air filter

-Increases the air filter's life

-Doesn't sacrifice horsepower or torque

-Available in 3 colors: Black, Blue and Red

List price of the above parts
$431+ Shipping

Your price for the above parts
$303 SHIPPED

To redeem your coupon simply add both the Injen CAI and the Pre-Filter to you cart. Then, proceed to step 2 of our checkout system and enter the following coupon code:

Coupon Code: InjenFSFP

CLICK HERE

:thumbsup:

CWest22 11-30-2011 01:29 PM

Sweet deal!

JuicyE46 12-01-2011 04:41 PM

:thumbsup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by CWest22 (Post 13847329)
Sweet deal!

Ryan@GF-Performance 12-01-2011 08:44 PM

Thanks for the orders guys!

Now you will know what to tell people when they ask "What is the best intake?"

;)

Here is what the Black version looks like:

http://www.gmpperformance.com/CFJFiles/GMP/21631.jpg

cardsfan007 12-01-2011 10:22 PM

wish it came for a 330!!!!!! would buy it in an instant! (hint hint, you should talk to them and see if they will make them)

Ryan@GF-Performance 12-01-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsfan007 (Post 13852856)
wish it came for a 330!!!!!! would buy it in an instant! (hint hint, you should talk to them and see if they will make them)

"Sadly Injen hasn't manufactured this intake for the 330 models yet, in the near future we will be putting together a list of potential buyers and will stress to Injen that a system for the 330 should be manufactured."

:thumbup:

CWest22 12-02-2011 01:56 AM

Ordered the gloss black one!

ElrichMeister 12-02-2011 09:00 AM

dang too bad my m56 uses the 330 size intake lol

CWest22 12-08-2011 01:57 PM

pics installed...

3 Attachment(s)
mmmhmmmm....

Ryan@GF-Performance 12-08-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWest22 (Post 13873829)
mmmhmmmm....

That was quick!

Looks good :4ngie:

superbmwy2k 12-08-2011 05:06 PM

id rather go with the dinan cai. But injen is not bad too, only if i was still in the jdm scene....

Ryan@GF-Performance 12-08-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superbmwy2k (Post 13874592)
id rather go with the dinan cai. But injen is not bad too, only if i was still in the jdm scene....

Any reason in particular? Injen products are made in the U.S.A. and this intake surpasses the Dinan intake.

;)

The Gloss Black version looks pretty darn clean, I can see where the polished aluminum version can be "JDM Style" though.

jax217 12-21-2011 12:50 PM

Need one for the m3!

NaZty NaZe One! 12-21-2011 03:23 PM

i like the gains but the heat box needs to be a little better designed. i like K&N's design. with the molding.

BeMyWhip 12-21-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaZty NaZe One! (Post 13911393)
i like the gains but the heat box needs to be a little better designed. i like K&N's design. with the molding.

I agree, the heat shield leaves a little to be desired. Its a great system though, and I like the solid upper tube to smooth out the incoming air flow. However, keep in mind that the K&N sits up high in the engine bay and needs the better shield; in the case the injen, its just a little extra "insurance".

Ryan@GF-Performance 12-21-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeMyWhip (Post 13912102)
I agree, the heat shield leaves a little to be desired. Its a great system though, and I like the solid upper tube to smooth out the incoming air flow. However, keep in mind that the K&N sits up high in the engine bay and needs the better shield; in the case the injen, its just a little extra "insurance".

True, the reason why K&N's heat shield is more elaborate is due to the filter being so close to the engine. When Dinan designed their "Tube Style" intake system, they didn't even feel a need for a heat shield at all.

Bimmekid91 12-22-2011 12:12 AM

How much hp would this add to a 325i?

B_Cyrus 12-22-2011 12:26 AM

not CARB legal?

Ryan@GF-Performance 12-22-2011 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimmekid91 (Post 13912725)
How much hp would this add to a 325i?

We have seen gains of up to 10 RWHP from Tube Style intakes on the M54. Injen dyno tested the system on a 328i and got a gain of 6 RWHP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Cyrus (Post 13912747)
not CARB legal?

The system is CARB legal.

Quoted from the instruction manual that is included in the kit:

"This intake system was Dyno-tested with an Injen filter and
Injen parts, the use of any other filter or part will void the
warranty and CARB exemption number"

maoelchurro 12-22-2011 10:40 AM

this intake works amazing...I have one used for sale.. look the classifieds or pm me.