E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   New SP Project (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=890215)

Sound Performance 12-06-2011 07:20 PM

New SP Project
 
Well we are going to start dis-assembly on Tom's BMW tomorrow but we wanted to get a dyno of what the car is making now. The car has an HPF Stg 2 kit on it running 7.4 psi at Peak HP.

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/x...ance/TomM3.jpg

Soon it will have a SP built 10-1 motor, 76 billet turbo with quick spool valve, ProEFI on E85, SP exhaust cutout, larger HPF intercooler, 4" downpipe and a few other goodies!! We are shooting for 1000 RWHP !!

forcefedvw 12-06-2011 07:26 PM

very nice looking forward to seeing more!!

supersickbimmer 12-06-2011 07:31 PM

Can't wait to see you guys do your magic on a M3...er 332. LOL

M5chas 12-06-2011 07:57 PM

Very excited to watch this build progress!:thumbup:

yellowssm 12-06-2011 08:07 PM

subscribed :thumbsup:

02black330ci 12-06-2011 08:16 PM

In for the build!

323tom 12-06-2011 10:14 PM

Super excited! :excited:

Hopefully progress pics will be posted soon! Thanks Larry and SP team!

P.S I'm not sure why the car dynod 405 and 318 I had it dynod before with pump on a dynapack it was 450 and 320, low on the hp side now about 25 hp from the. 430 advertised hp...

HPF Chris 12-06-2011 10:32 PM

Sweet! Can't wait to see the beast in action!

Chris

Sound Performance 12-06-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 323tom (Post 13867980)
Super excited! :excited:

Hopefully progress pics will be posted soon! Thanks Larry and SP team!

P.S I'm not sure why the car dynod 405 and 318 I had it dynod before with pump on a dynapack it was 450 and 320, low on the hp side now about 25 hp from the. 430 advertised hp...


Remember that we have a Mustang dyno!! They typically read a bit lower although ours is supposedly calibrated to read like a dynojet.....

And Tom, you are out of Meth, I thought I had some but I do not so I am trying to source some tomorrow!!

need4spd 12-06-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sound Performance (Post 13867403)

Soon it will have a SP built 10-1 motor, 76 billet turbo with quick spool valve, ProEFI on E85, SP exhaust cutout, larger HPF intercooler, 4" downpipe and a few other goodies!! We are shooting for 1000 RWHP !!

The sp exhaust cutouts. Do they leak at all? I am guessing they allow a mini .5mm gap. So you will have a ever so slight exhaust leak even when closed.

Sound Performance 12-06-2011 11:14 PM

You can hear a little bit of sound out of them but together with a quiet exhaust they make for a very nice driving experience. Tom's car that I dyno'd today is obnoxiously loud. I cannot see it being pleasant to drive that way!!

MarcusLSB 12-06-2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sound Performance (Post 13868148)
You can hear a little bit of sound out of them but together with a quiet exhaust they make for a very nice driving experience. Tom's car that I dyno'd today is obnoxiously loud. I cannot see it being pleasant to drive that way!!

You think his is obnoxious, call Saad ask him what he thought of mine. Lol

SlideFox 12-06-2011 11:23 PM

I love when SP gets there hands on these type of projects!

Sound Performance 12-06-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusLSB (Post 13868158)
You think his is obnoxious, call Saad ask him what he thought of mine. Lol


Wouldn't you rather have a nice quiet exhaust that only gets loud when you get on it?? I mean I had a loud exhaust when I was 20 and thought it was cool.... now I like it to be quiet yet really fast!!

323tom 12-06-2011 11:29 PM

Lol ya my setup is stupid loud! That's why I asked you to do something about the exhaust setup :)

Reid@SP 12-07-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusLSB (Post 13868158)
You think his is obnoxious, call Saad ask him what he thought of mine. Lol

I like me my loud exhausts! My Supra's loud but you ought to hear my brother's 300ZX!! :wowee:

Bdave 12-07-2011 12:27 AM

I like the choice. Thats why I have an AP muffler but also a big electric cut out too. I can have either at the touch of a button. I always wanted one of these. They are really becoming more and more popular.
Subscribed to this build!
What are you guys using for head studs? ARP L19's I hope. Are you going to rebuild the block any different than HPF does?

MSpired 12-07-2011 12:29 AM

Excited!

pilot1ner 12-07-2011 06:07 AM

Basically the same build as mine. What made you guys go with a t76? I bought mine before it had a twin scroll an i decided instead of selling it getting a custom exhaust side to the turbo. Did you guys buy it and take the exhaust side off? Like to see what numbers our cars put out.

mike@maximumpsi 12-07-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sound Performance (Post 13868069)
Remember that we have a Mustang dyno!! They typically read a bit lower although ours is supposedly calibrated to read like a dynojet.....

And Tom, you are out of Meth, I thought I had some but I do not so I am trying to source some tomorrow!!

My e46 made almost the same numbers on Technique Tuning's mustang dyno. His is known to read low. Not sure about your dyno.

Keep the pics/info coming if the customer is ok with it! I can't wait to see the results with the 76 and QSV.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use