E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Money Matters (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   What to do with 25k. (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=892665)

mattrc51 12-20-2011 12:04 AM

What to do with 25k.

What would you do with 25k?

I feel I have enough of "long term" investment, maybe looking at something more rewarding than retirement investment, rental units, bank managed funds..

Ideas?

GRIFFIN 12-20-2011 12:06 AM

Hookers and blow.

It is not that much money. But you could invest in a rental home

Sent from my phone.

Hockeyman17 12-20-2011 09:46 AM

Rental unit for sure. Property is crazy cheap.

loayo 12-20-2011 10:11 AM

This is not what you expect.

My humble opinion is to donate it to your favorite charitable organization.

It will help you with taxes but donating in my opinion is the best investment.

In Islam we're taught that donating our money will never decrease our wealth, it will only increase it.

If you think of it will help stimulate your local economy if you choose to do so locally.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Loay

Hockeyman17 12-20-2011 10:23 AM

I don't see how donating will increase your wealth

BmwMan325 12-20-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeyman17 (Post 13907214)

lulz

JuicyE46 12-20-2011 10:33 AM

You can donate it to me! Cause i sure need that! :)
Or at least half of it or maybe even 5k would do the job!

loayo 12-20-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeyman17 (Post 13907214)

It is a belief. I can personally attest to it from experience.

Just as an experiment, next time a local cause requests for a donation even a small one like $20 to your local fire department or fighting leukemia or otherwise and see how quickly it comes back :)

Regards,
Loay

BmwMan325 12-20-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattrc51 (Post 13906457)
What would you do with 25k?

I feel I have enough of "long term" investment, maybe looking at something more rewarding than retirement investment, rental units, bank managed funds..

Ideas?

Do you have any significant debt? Car loans, Credit Cards?

vandbmdubbin 12-27-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loayo (Post 13907298)
It is a belief. I can personally attest to it from experience.

Just as an experiment, next time a local cause requests for a donation even a small one like $20 to your local fire department or fighting leukemia or otherwise and see how quickly it comes back :)

Regards,
Loay

Ok $20 is different then $25,000 haha

I DO NOT recommend you donate the $25k ... maybe $20? But in all seriousness, you can either pick up some real estate (which i would do a multi-unit) live in 1 rent the other 4 out and the use some of the money as a d/p, and with the rest start up a cash based serve based business like a detailing company or cleaning company so you can get some additional income.

Assuming you have no major debt that might pile up in the next few months and sink your ship, i would not go paying off all your debt (like rest of an existing mortgage, student loans, low balance credit cards, car debt) with the cash tho with the feeling of hyper inflation possibly happening in the next few years your debt will not matter as much as what you invested in with that money, again assuming you do not have like a huge high balance credit card.

Goodluck!

:thumbup:

Chris

Old Rum 12-28-2011 12:25 PM

Extremely Risky- Extremely Rewarding- Invest $25k in BPAX. Sell in late January.

evolved 12-28-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maine325xi (Post 13928116)
Extremely Risky- Extremely Rewarding- Invest $25k in BPAX. Sell in late January.

Any particular reason why someone would invest in a penny stock?

jaewonder 12-28-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolved (Post 13928303)
Any particular reason why someone would invest in a penny stock?

BioSante Pharmaceuticals (BPAX) tumbled 78% after it announced top-line results from its two pivotal Phase III LibiGel (testosterone gel) efficacy trials. Initial analysis of the data from these trials shows that the trials did not meet the co-primary or secondary endpoints. Although there were no statistical differences in the endpoints, all results were in the appropriate directions. LibiGel is in development for the treatment of female sexual dysfunction (FSD), specifically, hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) in postmenopausal women, for which there is no FDA-approved product.

Subjects in the first trial, called BLOOM-1, who were treated with LibiGel, showed an increase of 1.47 days with a satisfying sexual event compared to baseline, while those receiving placebo gel showed an increase of 1.26 days with a satisfying sexual event compared to baseline. The difference between these increases demonstrated a p value of 0.463. In BLOOM 1 there was an increase in the total number of satisfying sexual events of 3.87 from baseline (an increase of 83 percent) in the LibiGel group and in the placebo group there was an increase of 3.52 satisfying sexual events from baseline (an increase of 65%) for a p value of 0.698.

Invest if you don't think they'll tank and go back up.

Wraisil 12-28-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaewonder (Post 13928414)

Gamble if you don't think they'll tank and go back up.

ftfy ;)

mattrc51 12-28-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maine325xi (Post 13928116)

Thats what I'm talking about!

evolved 12-28-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattrc51 (Post 13928525)
Thats what I'm talking about!

If you're seriously considering that (which I hope you're not), go put it all on black at a roulette table. It'll be faster and a lot less stressful, lol.

jaewonder 12-28-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wraisil (Post 13928437)
ftfy ;)

:rofl: Yes!

It seems like BPAX was banking on this gel therapy, which is why they tanked. The fact that it was a phase III trial suggests that they invested a lot into it. And the results were in the right direction, but did not meet their targets. So I'm assuming that they'll be re-evaluating their methodologies and/or try to sell what they have so far to another pharmaceutical company. If they can't do that, then bye bye!

Old Rum 12-28-2011 03:03 PM

I was just reading the thread while I was looking through some movement in the market and thought I would chime in. The OP stated he had enough 'long term' investment. I thought this might be a decent short term play- JMHO.

I'm long on several pharm stocks. I do my research and have done well with this sector. While BPAX didn't 'totally fail' they were slammed by the FDA and much was oversold- they still have three or four cancer drugs to go on trial and have another FDA meeting in Feb. I day trade and usually sell everything at close. I have been playing/trading BPAX since it dropped to .2 and have done well. I think that this will get pumped into the new year. The other stock I am long on is AIS.

Here is some info below you may be interested in.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/3162...e?source=yahoo

mattrc51 12-28-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolved (Post 13928532)
If you're seriously considering that (which I hope you're not), go put it all on black at a roulette table. It'll be faster and a lot less stressful, lol.

What I'm talking about, is trying to learn and find new ways to make my money work for me, esp. on shorter term. I've tried a few different routes so far, some of which worked and others not. Thats all :)

jaewonder 12-28-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maine325xi (Post 13928598)
I was just reading the thread while I was looking through some movement in the market and thought I would chime in. The OP stated he had enough 'long term' investment. I thought this might be a decent short term play- JMHO.

I'm long on several pharm stocks. I do my research and have done well with this sector. While BPAX didn't 'totally fail' they were slammed by the FDA and much was oversold- they still have three or four cancer drugs to go on trial and have another FDA meeting in Feb. I day trade and usually sell everything at close. I have been playing/trading BPAX since it dropped to .2 and have done well. I think that this will get pumped into the new year. The other stock I am long on is AIS.

Here is some info below you may be interested in.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/3162...e?source=yahoo

Very interesting article. Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup: