E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Conditioning Challenge (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=898500)

Glight 01-20-2012 11:48 PM

Conditioning Challenge

We've talked about it before, so let's do it.

Here's my entry. 50 burpees as fast as possible. Video evidence preferred.

2:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9C_5...7ZTuLw9_Y5JF8r

I'm bored of all the talk about supplements, how many hamburgers someone ate, and whether you should eat egg whites or not.

So let's see some fvcking work!

goyongj 01-20-2012 11:54 PM

hm.....why?????

Glight 01-21-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goyongj (Post 14001879)
hm.....why?????

I think a better question is "why not"

Everyone can use to improve their conditioning so here is a fun way to get some motivation to go out and do something you wouldn't otherwise do.

DylloS 01-21-2012 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goyongj (Post 14001879)
hm.....why?????

Lol what an expected unusual reply from you again.

Because its a fuucking challenge. Either try it or don't.

I'll be doing a workout today
50 burpees
100 crunches
50 pushups
50 air squats.

I'll post my burpee and final time after. Then everyone will see how well glight does

Geo31 01-21-2012 07:34 AM

How do you define "conditioning?"

My sig has my entry. :D

DILLA 01-22-2012 12:16 AM

just tried the burpees after work, I got 50 in 3:08. :rofl:
A lot harder than I thought. I didnt take a video of it at the gym, but I will when I think I can get closer to glight's time.

Glight 01-22-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DILLA (Post 14004193)
just tried the burpees after work, I got 50 in 3:08. :rofl:
A lot harder than I thought. I didnt take a video of it at the gym, but I will when I think I can get closer to glight's time.

Nice! That's a solid time. In my experience progress gets really slow when you get down around 2:45. I'm 210lbs though, so it might be easier for you to get down lower than that more easily.

A guy I know can do 50 in 1:26, 100 in the high 3s and has a 660lb deadlift. Certified animal right there.

Come on, someone else get in on the fun.

goyongj 01-22-2012 05:27 AM

If you like that kind of challenge work out, you should join crossfit.

I want to try doing barbell workout but I didn't see the point for doing burpees, throwing medicine ball and other cardio workout in a short amount of time.

I guess it's about Pushing Yourself not Growing your Muscle.

Well I am one of those 90% people who goes to the gym to look good LOL

DylloS 01-22-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goyongj (Post 14004525)

I want to try doing barbell workout but I didn't see the point for doing burpees, throwing medicine ball and other cardio workout in a short amount of time.

Why join crossfit when you have your own setup? And plenty of crossfitters "grow" muscle. Don't think this is their only workout. I guarantee you most consistent crossfitters would put your lifting numbers to shame.

Glight 01-22-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Conditioning is necessary for pretty much everyone, don't really see what your point is.

Please feel free to propose a barbell based conditioning workout if that makes you feel better.

Do you run? Do you bike? Anything like that? How do you propose to burn calories besides lifting alone?

Please post a typical workout that you do.

dwass325 01-22-2012 04:22 PM

I'm relatively sure I could do 5 in about 3 minutes :(

Quote:

Your views on nearly everything related to fitness are wrong.

BMW_Matt 01-22-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

So if you consider yourself so conditioned, what are your lifting numbers? Hmm tough guy?

Hockeyman17 01-22-2012 11:50 PM

I like the idea of your challenge Glight. I was mad at my self for not hitting the gym this weekend and I came across this while surfing the forum. It's great for someone who is short on time or can't access equipment.

I decided to take u on on the challenge during a commercial break while watching pontoon lol.

2:25.
That kicked my ass. The last 10 were hell. I don't think Crossfit coaches would give me an Rx beside my score because the last 10 weren't full extension but I like the workout for another day when I'm short on time.

I miss the randomness and insanity of Xfit workouts.

Hockeyman17 01-23-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

I don't see why someone who knows how lift properly would pay that much for a gym. If you have half a brain you can put these exercises together and make Crossfit style workouts yourself.

DylloS 01-23-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeyman17 (Post 14007120)
I like the idea of your challenge Glight. I was mad at my self for not hitting the gym this weekend and I came across this while surfing the forum. It's great for someone who is short on time or can't access equipment.

I decided to take u on on the challenge during a commercial break while watching pontoon lol.

2:25.
That kicked my ass. The last 10 were hell. I don't think Crossfit coaches would give me an Rx beside my score because the last 10 weren't full extension but I like the workout for another day when I'm short on time.

I miss the randomness and insanity of Xfit workouts.

what is this RX stuff in crossfit. I hear a lot about it but don't know what it means.

Hockeyman17 01-23-2012 08:39 AM

It means your doing the "prescribed" workout as in full extension. For example, if you are at the Crossfit games, a judge will give you "no rep" if you are doing a squat and you don't get your hips parallel with your knees

DylloS 01-23-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeyman17 (Post 14007832)
It means your doing the "prescribed" workout as in full extension. For example, if you are at the Crossfit games, a judge will give you "no rep" if you are doing a squat and you don't get your hips parallel with your knees

ok that's what I thought. Thanks man

BreakMyWallet 01-23-2012 01:26 PM

im actually just been getting back into conditioning shape. had to sprint everywhere since baseball started up and i was struggling at first. had to keep going to my inhaler. ill try some of these

Glight 01-23-2012 01:52 PM

I might do another one tonight with something a little different.

Thinking either 30 135lb Clean and Jerks for time or
21/15/9 of 115lb Thurster and Power Cleans

BreakMyWallet 01-23-2012 02:11 PM

glight sending you a message