E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I need some knowledge (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=899959)

Tim13E46 01-28-2012 10:24 AM

I need some knowledge
 
Can I get some opinions/advice on performance software? I was settled on getting the conforti shark injector for an 05 325i and then ran accross AA performance software where its possible to get twice as much hp as the shark.. any suggestions?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Bimmer App

darksideracer69 01-28-2012 11:54 AM

twice the hp :rofl:

oe tuning all the way

Rob43 01-28-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim13E46 (Post 14026408)
Can I get some opinions/advice on performance software? I was settled on getting the conforti shark injector for an 05 325i and then ran accross AA performance software where its possible to get twice as much hp as the shark.. any suggestions?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Bimmer App


Twice as much is almost always better ! :4ngie:


I've found in cases like this, the SEARCH button is always your best friend.

I'll give you a rolling start, go to page 25 & start reading.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=736943


Welcome to E46Fanatics,
Good luck.

Tim13E46 01-28-2012 01:20 PM

Lol yeah, the shark injector is advertising a 7 hp gain and AA is advertising 15.. And im readin! Thanks!!

bryan@bimmerworld 01-30-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim13E46 (Post 14026408)
Can I get some opinions/advice on performance software? I was settled on getting the conforti shark injector for an 05 325i and then ran accross AA performance software where its possible to get twice as much hp as the shark.. any suggestions?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Bimmer App

Tim,

Would help to have a bit more information, like mods and your end goal.

Tim13E46 01-30-2012 05:05 PM

So far all I have is a catback exhaust and dinan cai, I plan on doing headers and cams before a tune and right before bimmerfest I want it s/c. But as for now I just dont want the headers and such throwing codes because of my cats

bryan@bimmerworld 01-30-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim13E46 (Post 14033868)
So far all I have is a catback exhaust and dinan cai, I plan on doing headers and cams before a tune and right before bimmerfest I want it s/c. But as for now I just dont want the headers and such throwing codes because of my cats

So yes, you will want a tune, especially for cams. A tune with cams, headers, intake, and exhaust will help get the most out of your mods. Which cams will you be running? Schrick? Sunbelt?

Tim13E46 01-30-2012 05:14 PM

I honestly cant make up my mind on that lol, which would u do for an m56??

bryan@bimmerworld 01-30-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim13E46 (Post 14033891)
I honestly cant make up my mind on that lol, which would u do for an m56??

Without checking into exact specs for your car, which I can do tomorrow when I get back to the shop.... easy answer, of the two, Schrick is cheaper and a good cam, Sunbelt makes more power. Schrick, or something, similar would be good for you though for a street driven car. In some cases, with cams (keep in mind) you might need more work, like MAF, injectors, etc, just depends on which way you lean.

If I were doing it in my E36 or E46, I would be putting cams in if I were tracking the car, so Sunbelt.

Welcome to PM me if you'd like.

Tim13E46 01-30-2012 05:35 PM

The only problem is I cant find either one for a 325i smh, but yeah the more power the better, I should probably get bigger fuel injectors anyway. And thanks for all your help, the cams have had me confused lately


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use