E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Money Matters (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Facebook IPO (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=900594)

sjbraunlich 01-31-2012 01:11 PM

Facebook IPO
 
Anyone getting in? What do you think prices will open at? Think it will tank after initial big opening like recent IPO's Ex. Groupon?

Old Rum 01-31-2012 01:17 PM

I bet it is up for a week or two and then it tanks. Wait a few weeks after open and short it $$$.

evolved 01-31-2012 02:15 PM

$100 Billion

http://www.thecomplexmedia.com/blog/...me-597x772.png

Raymond42262 01-31-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maine325xi (Post 14036974)
I bet it is up for a week or two and then it tanks. Wait a few weeks after open and short it $$$.

Don't you have to wait 90 days before you can short a new IPO?
What are the rules on that ?

Wraisil 01-31-2012 04:47 PM

Anyone who has a mandatory waiting time before they can short an IPO knows it, and isn't posting about it on here. You're fine.

Myself, I treat IPO's like hookers. I'll leave them to someone willing to take that kind of risk, regardless of how good looking they may appear initially.

Dinan e36 01-31-2012 07:07 PM

its a trap

BLAU III 01-31-2012 08:28 PM

I still find it hard to believe a company that produces nothing can be valued like this. Sure they house a ton of information but there is nothing of value yet. And people wonder why the American economy is in the shitter, we don't make anything anymore!

XKxRome0ox 01-31-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLAU III (Post 14038704)
And people wonder why the American economy is in the shitter, we don't make anything anymore!

this is so true
so much money is "made" just being a middle man in trades of imaginary papers...
how do you create actual wealth just doing that? as soon as people lose confidence in the market... plop
down it goes

emmm_three 02-01-2012 05:47 AM

Welcome to 1999!!! I can't wait to buy some of this $hit in about 5 hours..

Big Rick 02-01-2012 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLAU III (Post 14038704)
I still find it hard to believe a company that produces nothing can be valued like this. Sure they house a ton of information but there is nothing of value yet. And people wonder why the American economy is in the shitter, we don't make anything anymore!

I agree... But unfortunately a lot of things these days are based upon popularity instead of production.

They will raise a crapload of money then tank HUGE. Wait until their next big security flaw comes out... And it will.

Drex 02-01-2012 07:05 AM

Anyone that buys this IPO as an investment, is a sucker. I highly doubt you will see another GOOG or AAPL in this one. I may trade the stock intraday, but this is merely a way for management to cash out while it is still worth something.

They should have gone public last year when it was the cool thing to do for social media companies. They missed the bandwagon and look at how stocks like GRPN, P, LNKD and YNDX have done. Flop!

Facebook is already a mature company. Management and the privileged elite that have held the private stock want to unload it on to the public. It may look like a hot stock and but when the hype is over and the rich folk have dumped it, look out!


Fair warning.

evolved 02-01-2012 03:21 PM

I would be surprised if anyone in this thread would have access to this IPO unless you have a sizeable account with one of the selling syndicate banks. Once the majority of traders get access to it it will have already dropped.

sjbraunlich 02-01-2012 11:29 PM

Theres going to 1,000 instant millionaires tomorrow from this IPO.

USCTrojanMan29 02-08-2012 04:21 AM

The money has already been made. The ones who buy after the IPO will be bag holders.

Nervous 05-08-2012 01:26 PM

Actually E-Trade sent me an email proposing to participate in Facebook IPO. Friend of mine even accepted it and put the order (for about $15K as I can guess). Dunno, tempting but scaring. And of course if I buy I'd buy for not more than 10K....

sladha 05-10-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nervous (Post 14372572)
Actually E-Trade sent me an email proposing to participate in Facebook IPO. Friend of mine even accepted it and put the order (for about $15K as I can guess). Dunno, tempting but scaring. And of course if I buy I'd buy for not more than 10K....

What is E-Trade's minimum funds requirement to be considered "eligible" to partake in the IPO? Apparently TD Ameritrade requires minimum $250,000 capital in your account to be considered eligible, but it's still not guaranteed...

smares21 05-10-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sladha (Post 14379915)
What is E-Trade's minimum funds requirement to be considered "eligible" to partake in the IPO? Apparently TD Ameritrade requires minimum $250,000 capital in your account to be considered eligible, but it's still not guaranteed...

E-trade said 500k and at least 30 trades in past 90 days (afaik).

That said, here's the biggest issues with FB: The Zuck will still control 57+% of all voting shares even after the IPO, so you are not really investing in facebook. You are investing in Zuck and his decision making. He's judge, jury, and executioner.

Nervous 05-10-2012 12:36 PM

There is no limit for E-Trade customers, this offer targets retail customers.
http://business.time.com/2012/05/08/...ail-investors/

Wraisil 05-10-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nervous (Post 14380145)
There is no limit for E-Trade customers, this offer targets retail customers.
http://business.time.com/2012/05/08/...ail-investors/

"The company also clarified that customers will need to a complete a user profile that aims to gauge whether those who are interested are suitable investors for IPOs by asking questions about annual income, investable assets, and investment goals. However, there are no publicly defined requirements."

They won't be selling shares to the guy with a $5k trading account unless they can't find any "real" accounts that want the shares.

Nervous 05-10-2012 12:59 PM

Well, yeah, it is not guaranteed that you'll get the shares, but you still may put an order.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use