E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   DIY: Do It Yourself (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Anyone built their own Peake OBDII connector adapter? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=902555)

markmalin 02-09-2012 05:56 PM

Anyone built their own Peake OBDII connector adapter?
 
Hi,

I picked up a Peake code reader, but it just has the round ended connector (for the older cars) and my 01 has OBDII under the dash. I just found out the blasted "adapter cable" is like 60 bucks! I'm handy with a soldering iron...just wondering if anyone's built their own adapter? If so, I'd like to talk... ;) Or, if someone knows a lesser expensive option let me know.

Thanks,
Mark.

mtnbound 02-09-2012 06:06 PM

I thought people were snagging them off eBay for 10-20 bucks.

markmalin 02-09-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnbound (Post 14068781)
I thought people were snagging them off eBay for 10-20 bucks.

Really? Ebay is where I saw them for $59.00. Is that pretty common to see them so cheap (10-20 bucks)? I can handle that ;)

marlau 11-12-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markmalin (Post 14068788)
Really? Ebay is where I saw them for $59.00. Is that pretty common to see them so cheap (10-20 bucks)? I can handle that ;)

Have the same problem as I sold my 2000 and now have a 2006 325. Were you able to find one at $10-20 or did you build one yourself or what?

markmalin 11-12-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlau (Post 14893079)
Have the same problem as I sold my 2000 and now have a 2006 325. Were you able to find one at $10-20 or did you build one yourself or what?

I still haven't don it, I'm sorry to say! If you find a solution, please let me know. (too many projects...too little time!)
Mark.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use