E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   600whp s52tu e46 build thread (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=902606)

Hobbit382 02-09-2012 11:42 PM

600whp s52tu e46 build thread
 
Ok so I guess its time to start this.

S52 block bored to 86.5mm oring'd
S52 head machined to accept m54 dual vanos
JE pistons 9:1
Eagle rods
Arp 2000 rod bolts and head studs
Factory head gasket (installed dry)
M50 intake manifold modified to accept 540 throttle body (3 1/4")
Zhp cams (248, 248)
Safety wired oil pump nut
Spa t4 manifold
Tial 38mm wastegate
Hks ssqv bov
Turbonetics 72mm hurricane series (compact housing)
24x12x3 intercooler
E46 m3 tranny and rear end


The car

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/bc99aaa5.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/ae03a6f8.jpg

Hobbit382 02-09-2012 11:47 PM

The engine

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/62e90277.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/6becac1b.jpg

The block
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/ad4bcb97.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/c6ba311a.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/5a94f20e.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/a21e2616.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/fc0eb2c8.jpg

Hobbit382 02-09-2012 11:54 PM

The head

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/64c23d2d.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/8aec5fe5.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/65a8f1be.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/104db5c4.jpg

Pistons rods

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/452ea4b6.jpg

Opn

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/28496dc6.jpg

Intake

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/703feeb8.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/be9e3f44.jpg

Cams

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/a6fb8dce.jpg

Hobbit382 02-09-2012 11:57 PM

That's all the pics for now goodnight




P.S. I didn't post the tuning method on purpose, saving that for another thread.

Rob43 02-10-2012 12:28 AM

I like !

When do you think it will be done ?

Side question: The 540 drive by wire throttle body you have, do you have any idea if it would work from an electrical stand point with a 330Ci, as in plug & play ? I understand some port matching would need to be done to the 330 intake manifold.

Rob

bluejeansonfire 02-10-2012 12:57 AM

in for trap speed. Yesterday you didnt know what engine you had. Today, you built it. I expect drag results tomorrow.

PEI330Ci 02-10-2012 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire (Post 14069810)
in for trap speed. Yesterday you didnt know what engine you had. Today, you built it. I expect drag results tomorrow.

+1

Would be good to see some video from the Texas Mile as well.

basar13 02-10-2012 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire (Post 14069810)
Yesterday you didnt know what engine you had. Today, you built it. I expect drag results tomorrow.


:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/.../216/7nTnr.png

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...343&highlight=



Good luck with the build :woot:

NickG 02-10-2012 11:06 AM

I think this will be a very cool build. Basically a 3.2L M54 engine without the DISA intake manifold.

Julio, didn't we discuss like 2 years ago? You're late to the party man!

Hobbit382 02-10-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire (Post 14069810)
in for trap speed. Yesterday you didnt know what engine you had. Today, you built it. I expect drag results tomorrow.

haha im not god...

Hobbit382 02-10-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickG (Post 14070579)
I think this will be a very cool build. Basically a 3.2L M54 engine without the DISA intake manifold.

Julio, didn't we discuss like 2 years ago? You're late to the party man!

dont forget the larger intake and exhaust ports...

Hobbit382 02-10-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob43 (Post 14069734)
Side question: The 540 drive by wire throttle body you have, do you have any idea if it would work from an electrical stand point with a 330Ci, as in plug & play ? I understand some port matching would need to be done to the 330 intake manifold.

Rob

thats the plan...

hopefully have the n/a version up and running by next weekend for break in, then turbo after i get a new clutch and injectors, and fab up the exhaust and intercooler piping.

Activ3 02-10-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobbit382 (Post 14070879)
thats the plan...

hopefully have the n/a version up and running by next weekend for break in, then turbo after i get a new clutch and injectors, and fab up the exhaust and intercooler piping.

You mofo... Saw this thread and was like ahhhh I see what you did there. Can't wait to see it up and running!

ZeroSum 02-10-2012 02:09 PM

Awesome - really interested to see how it turns out.

mike@maximumpsi 02-10-2012 02:13 PM

I wish I didn't see this. Now the gears are turning again.

Hobbit382 02-10-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike@maximumpsi (Post 14071155)
I wish I didn't see this. Now the gears are turning again.

haha thats how I felt when I first thought of this :woot: however ive been told someone else did it somewhere in europe. so i guess im not the first one to do it:(

Activ3 02-10-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobbit382 (Post 14071304)
haha thats how I felt when I first thought of this :woot: however ive been told someone else did it somewhere in europe. so i guess im not the first one to do it:(

There's also a car in Miami with the conversion done. The shop bought the wrong motor but made it work to replace an overheated m54. The car you're referring to in Europe had it done right though, and from my understanding made gobs of power :)

2000_328CI 02-10-2012 04:00 PM

First page... and :bow:

Hobbit382 02-10-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Activ3 (Post 14071346)
There's also a car in Miami with the conversion done. The shop bought the wrong motor but made it work to replace an overheated m54. The car you're referring to in Europe had it done right though, and from my understanding made gobs of power :)

any links? also how far along are you on your build?

Hobbit382 02-16-2012 06:10 PM

Update

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...2/a20e3da9.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use