E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Business CD player not working! helpppp (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=903761)

sshah261 02-16-2012 08:21 AM

Business CD player not working! helpppp

Hey guys im sorry but i did some research on the forums and couldnt find anyone with this particular problem so i had to post it.... so about a week ago i turned on my car, and my bmw business cd/radio just stopped working. I turned the car on in the morning and it just wouldnt work. so then i bought a used Business CD/Radio player off someone from these forums to see maybe it could have been something wrong with the player itself, but when i got it yesterday it still doesnt work. The lights of the player turn on (for all the buttons) illuminate when i turn my headights on at night but the screen itself isnt, its black and no sound nothing comes. Any ideas on what it could be?

sshah261 02-16-2012 08:21 PM

bump!!!

forzam 02-16-2012 08:38 PM

My knowledge is very limited here. Only things I can suggest would be to 1) check the wires in the back - both the connections and use a volt meter to check if there are signals in the wires and 2) hook up to the radio module and see if there are any errors.

EmmamedEee 09-03-2012 01:16 PM

+1

Quote:

Originally Posted by sshah261 (Post 14088771)
Hey guys im sorry but i did some research on the forums and couldnt find anyone with this particular problem so i had to post it.... so about a week ago i turned on my car, and my bmw business cd/radio just stopped working. I turned the car on in the morning and it just wouldnt work. so then i bought a used Business CD/Radio player off someone from these forums to see maybe it could have been something wrong with the player itself, but when i got it yesterday it still doesnt work. The lights of the player turn on (for all the buttons) illuminate when i turn my headights on at night but the screen itself isnt, its black and no sound nothing comes. Any ideas on what it could be?

Got the exact same problem, did you find a resolution for it? :)

dp08 12-09-2012 12:52 PM

Im having the same problem. Did anyone ever got the solution? I also tried the aftermarket, but still nothing...
I check the boot as i read about amp not working anymore, but i dont seem to have an amp.
Someone told me there might not be enough power to get the speaker to work? anyone know anything about it??

jmillsner 12-09-2012 01:07 PM

it could be just a fuse as well, dont quote me on that one though.

if you wanna sell that extra Business CD you have im in Glencoe, IL so feel free to PM me

RayPooley 12-09-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sshah261 (Post 14088771)

Is there a seperate fuse for the carousel? Check it out. Fuses 7 and 41

dp08 12-24-2012 09:08 AM

Checked the fuses, all working... this one is driving me mad... only one thing to do is to re wire the lot with my aftermarket head unit and get the speakers working through the amp.

E46 4 Breakfast 12-24-2012 10:24 AM

Did you remove the door panels, rough driving or drags lately? I had a similar problem, The speaker wire was touching the metal from the door, the radio was on, everything seemed alright but no sound was coming out, At first i though it was the Harmon Karmon Amp but it was actually the front driver door's twitter which the wire was exposed touching the door's metal, try putting a CD in and check to see if the timer of the sounds still goes on and if you can change songs, if you can actually change songs but no sound coming out you actually have a speaker wire that is touching the body of the car, check them one by one. Pretty long process but there's no other way to know which speaker it is.

asdetail 12-29-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dp08 (Post 15004320)
Checked the fuses, all working... this one is driving me mad... only one thing to do is to re wire the lot with my aftermarket head unit and get the speakers working through the amp.

gotta be a power issue, either one of the fuses or perhaps in the fakra connection, check for power present at connection pins