E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   My LSB Build Thread.. (v2.0) ProEFI/Saad Racing (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=909417)

MarcusLSB 03-14-2012 07:11 PM

My LSB Build Thread.. (v2.0) ProEFI/Saad Racing

First of all.. fresh start. I don't want to discuss anything about whats transpired.. this isn't about that. I will discuss whats being done moving forward though.

I'm doing everything I can to get the car by Friday morning and have it to Saad/ProEFI by Sunday morning. This is not going to be an easy feat but I have some local friends assisting with lending me a trailer, and one is meeting me off the 5 on the way back from Portland to asssist with the drive back down to Phoenix (aka a relay race where he takes the wheel and I catch up on work/sleep while he drives the next 10hrs)...

There have been countless emails, pm's, facebook messages and even phone calls from people supporting me and offering assistance with parts, labor, anything I need.. seriously.. you guys are awesome. I can't thank you enough! Never have I seen such a great group of people join in for a cause.. I guess thats why they call us fanatics.

So my plan .. and god willing.. is to have the car at MFest. It is going to take a serious miracle to make it happen.. but let me say that already the amount of private support from many who'd like to remain unnamed as they don't want to feel like their exploiting a situation.. is emense.. I wish I could thank them in the threads but almost all of them have asked that I not mention their names.

Regardless.. I think its possible to make MFest... and I'm hoping to set a world record 9 second pass.

Jason and I have got some trick stuff we're going to try.. but its going to remain a full weight, full caged, getrag 6 speed and will be running on slicks.

Let the games begin! :excited:

PS: Extra special thanks to ProEFI and Saad for offering to help me with this!!

BrisM3 03-14-2012 07:14 PM

Best of luck.

Can't wait to see the results.

BMW E465 03-14-2012 07:19 PM

They say the way you mod your car tells a lot about your character. Well, we all know what your character is like, Marcus. So if that's anything to go by, your car is going to be absolutely sick!

bmxpert86 03-14-2012 07:23 PM

Awesome Marcus.....It can only get better from here on out, you deserve it.

I also want to thank you because I have learned a lot from your expiernce and even though my build will in no way be as big as yours, or have the finances to do so, I want to thank you for helping me decide the route I'm gonna go with proefi and a custom set up. Thank you.

Jason@proefi 03-14-2012 07:37 PM

Marcus, I can't honestly wait to get started on your car. We have learned quite a bit in the last few weeks on making these cars work the way we want. We know the next steps that need to be taken to meet your goals, and we look forward (both Saad Racing and ProEFI) to working with such an outstanding individual! Your love and dedication to a Hobby that obviously at times can be unforgiving shows a lot! :thumbsup:

need4spd 03-14-2012 07:38 PM

Full weight is where it's at.
Plan a 1 mile run at one point too.

Hobbit382 03-14-2012 07:43 PM

Marcus, since this is a build err rebuild thread how about you list what the plan is for the build.

I'm guessing wiesco 10:1 compression pistons
Stock block without sleeves
Rods?
Nitrous?
Wheels for slicks?

Come on spill the beans

Ps I can also volunteer my labor probono if saad or Jason get behind.:thumbup:

VicRod88 03-14-2012 07:45 PM

Best of luck Marcus, we are all pulling for you.

I guess it is true what they say, you know who your real friends are in rough times!

Godspeed

dallasberry 03-14-2012 07:50 PM

Nice stuff Marcus! Glad to see our fellow fanatics are helping out where they can! I'm really excited to see the outcome of this new build of yours. Crossing my fingers for a 9 second pass :D. Also whats the word on the drag wheels you were eying up over the last week?

pianoprodigy 03-14-2012 07:51 PM

Eagerly awaiting updates!

Commanderwiggin 03-14-2012 07:56 PM

You already know what I have to say, good luck big guy and I'm looking forward to Vegas :thumbsup:

dallasberry 03-14-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin (Post 14186030)
You already know what I have to say, good luck big guy and I'm looking forward to Vegas :thumbsup:

I don't :4ngie:

But I am excited for Vegas as well. It'll be good to catch up with our fellow fanatics again!

Evil Twin Rob 03-14-2012 08:11 PM

I'm wishing the the best for you Marcus. Sounds like you will have one hell of a mean M3 when it's done!

Gheybe 03-14-2012 08:16 PM

:party:

evilstar 03-14-2012 08:19 PM

Subd

<3 RAF

Britisham 03-14-2012 08:25 PM

Cant wait to see this thing...will be awesome. :thumbsup:

MarcusLSB 03-14-2012 08:30 PM

First of all, thanks everyone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallasberry (Post 14185997)
Nice stuff Marcus! Glad to see our fellow fanatics are helping out where they can! I'm really excited to see the outcome of this new build of yours. Crossing my fingers for a 9 second pass :D. Also whats the word on the drag wheels you were eying up over the last week?

Not in the budget.. but maybe someday!

AirFrcd 03-14-2012 08:36 PM

An epic rebuild is forthcoming!
As always, I'm here to assist in any way, shape, or form possible :D

Our cars will be sharing lifts at SAAD!

///M3AN ONE 03-14-2012 09:04 PM

You sir are a class act! Can't wait to see the finished beast back together again. I'm thinking of heading out to MFest just to see this animal in action! Best of luck and sub'd for updates.

MarcusLSB 03-14-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///M3AN ONE (Post 14186284)
You sir are a class act! Can't wait to see the finished beast back together again. I'm thinking of heading out to MFest just to see this animal in action! Best of luck and sub'd for updates.

Thanks!

The gentleman borrowing me the trailer said he would likely fly down to see it in action as well.

Yikes.. Hope I don't let anyone down! :D