E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Sports Central (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   **Official GOLF Thread** (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=909436)

Shaban 03-14-2012 08:19 PM

**Official GOLF Thread**
 
Figure I'd start an "official" golf thread since the last one hasn't been posted in since 06.

I started playing last season. Played 7 rounds averaging around 105, my best being 99. Went out two weeks ago for the first time this season and shot a 103.

Decided to upgrade my irons today, had an old set of Callaway H2S2's and decided to buy TaylorMade Burner HT's (4-AW), sold exclusively at Dicks Sporting Goods. (anyone ever try them?) http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...ductId=3983986

I'm going out this weekend to Laytonsville Golf Course http://www.montgomerycountygolf.com/...p?page_id=1634 to test them out, I'll let you all know how they are!

Shaban 03-19-2012 12:17 PM

Went out yesterday. Played with the new irons for the first time. Shot a 100. I feel as if I could have played much better though. My putting was much better than normal, only had one 3-putt, everything else was either 1 or 2.

Glidde8 03-27-2012 02:10 PM

Hey my brother just picked up those irons he says he likes them. I am currently using his old set because someone stole my whole bag right out of my garage about a week ago. Trying to piece together a set since I'm on a limited budget and my work golf league starts next Monday!

Shaban 03-27-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glidde8 (Post 14231343)
Hey my brother just picked up those irons he says he likes them. I am currently using his old set because someone stole my whole bag right out of my garage about a week ago. Trying to piece together a set since I'm on a limited budget and my work golf league starts next Monday!

I'm not sure how I feel about the clubs yet, still haven't gotten the hang of them and played much better with my last set. I'm going to give them a few more rounds and see if I can improve my game with them, if not I may switch back to my old set and sell the HT's.

Shaban 03-30-2012 05:48 PM

anyone on WGT.com?

Shaban 04-02-2012 08:47 AM

Shot a 101 yesterday, putting could have been much better... but they were aerating the greens making it a bit more difficult

SlideFox 04-02-2012 08:53 AM

I golf at least once a week :D

Finally started to take some lessons this season (I'm on my 5th in the last month). On a decent day I can get into the high 90's, but often than not I'm in the 110 range.

I played a spectacular course last Friday (Raven Golf Club $135/round :eek: ) with my boss and two customers. Didn't realize my boss and one of my customers were 12-handicaps!!! I tried to run with the big boys, and let my game get away from me.

GlockMan 04-02-2012 10:15 AM

I have Taylor Made Ti2 (titanium) irons and Series 300 woods.

They were a gazillion dollars but I will never get rid of them.

I only play a few times a year and shoot high 90s.

http://www.3balls.com/images/dynamic...k_xx_large.jpg

SlideFox 04-02-2012 10:21 AM

I'm hitting with the Taylormade Burner 2.0 Steel's 4-AW. My wife got me the new Nike VrS woods (Driver, 3-Wood, 2-Hybrid, and 4-Hybrid) for a late Christmas present.

2000_328CI 04-02-2012 10:38 AM

Hadn't played since October.. have gained roughly 10 pounds of muscle since as I've been lifting a lot... played this weekend... SUCKED SOOOO MUCH

I'm still in the database as a 6 handicap and I was 13 over after the front 9 :banghead:

Shaban 04-03-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_328CI (Post 14250924)
Hadn't played since October.. have gained roughly 10 pounds of muscle since as I've been lifting a lot... played this weekend... SUCKED SOOOO MUCH

I'm still in the database as a 6 handicap and I was 13 over after the front 9 :banghead:

First round of the season, don't let it get to you lol :D

Shaban 04-03-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlideFox (Post 14250873)
I'm hitting with the Taylormade Burner 2.0 Steel's 4-AW. My wife got me the new Nike VrS woods (Driver, 3-Wood, 2-Hybrid, and 4-Hybrid) for a late Christmas present.

Apparently the burner 2.0's and the HT's, are about the same. What do you think of the 2.0s?

SlideFox 04-03-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaban (Post 14255840)
Apparently the burner 2.0's and the HT's, are about the same. What do you think of the 2.0s?

I like them. Very forgiving on the misses.

CharlzO 04-03-2012 04:11 PM

First time I've had a thread about golf, and not felt vastly outgunned! I'm usually around a 100 golfer myself, still waiting for a good day to get out this year. MAYBE Saturday after work, if the weather breaks a little.

SlideFox 04-03-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlzO (Post 14256086)
First time I've had a thread about golf, and not felt vastly outgunned! I'm usually around a 100 golfer myself, still waiting for a good day to get out this year. MAYBE Saturday after work, if the weather breaks a little.

It's always a good day on AZ!!

Just ridiculously expensive right now!!!

2000_328CI 04-03-2012 09:45 PM

Went out again and played another 9 after leaving the office around 3:45. Smoked the first drive 317 and proceeded to play a million times better than this weekend. Went 6 over for 9 which, for the second time out, I can't complain about (also playing a rather difficult course : Par 70, slope of 140, and 6545 yards)

Shaban 04-04-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_328CI (Post 14257260)
Went out again and played another 9 after leaving the office around 3:45. Smoked the first drive 317 and proceeded to play a million times better than this weekend. Went 6 over for 9 which, for the second time out, I can't complain about (also playing a rather difficult course : Par 70, slope of 140, and 6545 yards)

Which course are you playing? I go up to Maryland and play at Laytonsville golf course all the time. Par 71 5529 yd. 114 slope 65.7 rating from the white tee (where I play from)

SlideFox 04-04-2012 07:52 PM

I saw that Dick's sporting goods bought Top-flite from Callaway for $20 million!!

Bemwe_03i 04-04-2012 08:14 PM

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...co/vwgolf1.jpg

Shaban 04-05-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlideFox (Post 14260935)
I saw that Dick's sporting goods bought Top-flite from Callaway for $20 million!!

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf...porting-goods/
yup!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use