E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   | BSW | Soundplicity BMW iPod / iPhone Integration Kit (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=909571)

Halston@BSW 03-15-2012 02:00 PM

| BSW | Soundplicity BMW iPod / iPhone Integration Kit

Simple Integration for iPod/iPhone.

We had many asking for a very basic kit at a reasonable price. Of course sacrificing sound quality was not an option. Enter the BSW iPod Kit! SOUNDPLICITY is a plug-n-play iPod/iPhone integration device for your BMW. Simple and cost-effective, it delivers the basics: CD quality sound, track up/down from your radio and steering controls and iPod/iPhone charging.

Full Details:
http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...tegration-Kit/

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/im...icity/img1.jpg

Reach 03-18-2012 12:56 PM

"Unlocked" / Full control of the iPod option. Finally, someone who gets it! Thank you for bringing a useful kit to market at a decent price.

The only other kit out there that actually works and does this costs more, so you've hit the nail on the head.

Not to mention, you can use Pandora, Sirius, Rdio, Spotify, other apps in unlocked mode.

Grande D 03-19-2012 12:12 PM

Does this use the same I/C chip as DICE/USASpec/etc with the same crappy signal to noise ratio? (no offense)

Reach 03-19-2012 03:42 PM

How can you possibly compare the Dice to the USA SPEC? The dice is miserable. The USA SPEC actually works. This seems like a cheaper USA SPEC.

sweet jones 03-19-2012 03:51 PM

looks like a great product at an even better price!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Bimmer App

fios 03-19-2012 06:55 PM

Halston, can you identify the company the built this? Is it related to USA spec or DICE? I am interested because I tried DICE and had some issues. Went with the USA Spec and loved it since the sound didn't have static. I used it all last Summer until I put the car away for the Winter. I pulled the car out of storage last weekend and tired Iphone with Spec unit. Unfortunately, I got the "no magazine" and was told by USA spec the IOS 5 software updated by Apple that I just upgraded to doesn't work with Spec unit. Spec offered to have me ship them the unit to upgrade the software for $75. I was disappointed at Joe's response at USA Spec. I looked on your website today, but didn't see how software can be upgraded on this unit. Can you confirm that it can? How would future Apple software upgrades work with this unit? I really am willing to give this a try to keep the stock radio. For $25 more the upgrade to USA spec, it seems like an option. I think this will be the 4th manufacturer I've tried. Thanks for posting on this subject. I know not all cars are the same. Incidentally, USA Spec suggested I use the unit in aux mode. I tried and this works, but the sound is not as good. Plus, you wind up with extremely load radio when switching over from Iphone. Wish there was a better solution.

Halston@BSW 03-22-2012 02:21 PM

Thank you guys. It is not a DICE or USA Spec. It is our own BSW kit that is modified to give our customers what they asked for. Good sound quality, charging and steering wheel controls. We had many stating text was not a huge feature they were interested in. Sound quality was more important. So we had a kit made that removed some features to gain the features more were interested in.

And we of course offer the same 30 day guarantee as all of our products. One of the local BMW guys bought a kit with DSP Adapter for his 540i. I helped him install it at our local wrench night. He loves it since he has a 1 hour each way commute on the highway. He was using a tape deck adapter. I'll have him type up a review. We sent a few out to some other places to get their take so will update the thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichE30 (Post 23982569)
I have recently purchased the Soundplicity system for my E39 540i.

My car already had DSP as well as in-truck CD Changer. Removing the CD changer and installing the Soundplicity system was a breeze once I realized we had left the amplifier unplugged after installation. I can't emphasize how easy it is after reading the instructions.

The system works smoothly. I have a dedicated ipod for the car, so I left it in the trunk and had it pre-set to shuffle my entire playlist. All I do is hop in the car, press the CD/Tape button until CD is selected. Searching back and forth is as easy as pressing the buttons on the steering wheel, and the system automatically pauses the song when shutting the car down.

I've only had the system in my car for 3 days now, but so far it has worked perfectly.

Originalfake 03-22-2012 05:00 PM

Hey I'm really interested, but I'm at a military address, APOBOX usually charges 20$ or more just to use their service and along with the other shipping. It's going to cost a ton, can't you just possibly ship out using USPS. If so I'm ready to buy now. Thanks! Please pm me

Halston@BSW 03-22-2012 05:31 PM

Shoot me an email and I can get an order setup for USPS :)

rhp@bavsound.com

Triton704 03-24-2012 11:22 AM

Halston-can you say anything about compatibility with past,present, and future iPod software? Also, how is this unit installed on an E46?

dopey88 03-24-2012 11:38 AM

what does it do to the bluetooth function when it is plugged in ? will it still work ? also will it work on the factory tape deck with no mode button ? the car does have a 6disk changer.

jonesoh 03-25-2012 05:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/5...s/IMG_6251.JPG

Hi, I've just installed a Dice iPod kit into my 2004 325i sedan today.

I have two problems. First, my iPhone4 is actually working with it, but I can't choose the song that I wanna listen to. It seems like just playing the last song that I listened on the phone.

Second, although I re-assembled all the part in the trunk, the rear-lamp warning signal on the dash board is still***65279; going on. How can I remove this? Thank you in advance.

Halston@BSW 03-26-2012 05:23 PM

Is this the DICE or the Soundplicity kit?

jonesoh 03-26-2012 07:01 PM

Dice Silverline Pro

I believe it's Dice Silverline Pro. I can't control the music on the radio nor on the iphone. Even any test doesn't show up on the radio other than "CD1 - 01" or something like that.

BimmItUp 04-01-2012 03:32 AM

Does this work with the older head units without the mode buttons?

rome5982 04-13-2012 08:04 PM

So this is a plug-n-play for my 99 E46 323 sedan with prewired cd changer in the trunk? Just plug into the cd changer wiring in the trunk and route the cable from the trunk to the center console for connection to the IPOD/IPhone?

dopey88 04-13-2012 08:52 PM

Rome do you have a cd player or a tape player in dash ? I have been asking the same question but I have a tape player in dash

rome5982 04-14-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dopey88 (Post 14290981)
Rome do you have a cd player or a tape player in dash ? I have been asking the same question but I have a tape player in dash

No, I have the business radio with single CD and the prewired CD changer in the trunk

nevfen 04-14-2012 09:59 AM

Is this iPhone kit available in the UK.

jonesoh 04-18-2012 09:25 PM

Yes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rome5982 (Post 14291969)
No, I have the business radio with single CD and the prewired CD changer in the trunk

Yes, I think it's the one you're talking about.