E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Motorsports & Track Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Which Track Club ? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=911586)

m3e46freak 03-24-2012 08:23 PM

Which Track Club ?

BMW CCA
NASA
NASA north east
NASA mid atlantic
SCCA

Which ones actually go to big boy tracks on the east coast from NC-NY
Which ones have the best prices? I am asking from experienced folks :)

mko9 03-25-2012 07:09 AM

I have done a few events with the SCCA Washington DC region (WDCR). Their events are fairly well run, but they tend to do Summit Point Shenandoah circuit, or maybe Summit Point Main. I have not seen them so farther afield to VIR or NJ Motorsport Park. I am already an SCCA member for auto-x, so it doesn't cost me anything to do trackdays with them, too.

I have done a few days with the Potomac chapter of the Audi Club. They run really good events. Usually they are two day events, and they like to go to VIR. Good quality t-shirts, Saturday night dinner with an auction of sponsor goods, on time, etc.

My brother does a lot of stuff through Trackdaze. I don't think there is any membership involved, they are just a good resource for events. They have events listed for VIR, Summit POint, NJMP, and Road Atlanta on their page right now.

m3e46freak 03-25-2012 08:20 AM

I may stick with NCCBMWCCA, for now, until I get my feet wet. Literally, like yesterday pouring raining but a blast. Lol. Looking more into PCA chapter and depending on who has the more events for less cash SCCA or NASA.

GrayGhost 03-25-2012 10:08 PM

For someone just starting with track driving, I'd advise sticking with BMWCCA and/or PCA. I think they have the best organization and program for getting drivers started. As you progress in the more advanced run groups, then start looking at NASA and SCCA, especially if you want to get into real racing. Both BMWCCA abd PCA have very good club racing programs but you are of course limited to what car make you can run.
If you just want to run on the track and have fun, then organizers like Trackdaze (I ran with them at VIR) and Chin may be good options.
I do strongly encourage starting with either BMWCCA or PCA to get a good education base.

m3e46freak 03-26-2012 06:56 AM

Thanks for the advice, however I am not new to Auto x or Tracking. I should of mentioned that sorry :)

I am just new to BMWCCA and American tracking.

My experience lies in Snetterton/Donington Park/Nurburgring/SPA

GrayGhost 03-26-2012 10:24 PM

If you have good experience and want to get into club racing, contact your local BMWCCA chapter and try to get enrolled in the next available Club Racing School. It's a good intro to racing and US tracking. If you just want to have cun and track your car, you will probably have to establish your experience/credentials at a couple of events with an instructor and should then be able to run in about any group. BMWCCA and PCA for education and learning, Chin, Trackdaze (and others, I'm sure) for just going our and having fun and getting some seat time.

m3e46freak 03-27-2012 09:13 AM

Trackdaze seem pretty fluid and open to fun times rather than anytype of advancement. I have to tune into their channel a bit more ha :)