E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Gun Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Recommendation for gun forums? rifle, class 3, non-tactical focus? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=912338)

brew 03-28-2012 03:16 PM

Recommendation for gun forums? rifle, class 3, non-tactical focus?

Can you guys recommend some good gun forums?

I'm looking for a good site for talking about general guns and shooting. Something that doesn't focus entirely on tactical/military stuff . . and isn't obsessed with urban self defense. I'm thinking more along the lines of guys talking about rifles, pistols, hunting (but not totally hunting focused), and maybe some class III stuff. I'm just looking for good shooting stories and talk about guns with a focus on the fun of shooting.

Thanks!

Adam@Euro-Spec 03-28-2012 03:46 PM

Do you have any good local forums? Mdshooters.com is a real cool place. Lots of info and good ppl. We have some out of state members on there too.

I read lightfighter a ton. It don't really contribute to most the gun discussions but there's a whole **** ton of great info on there.

SamDoe1 03-28-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brew (Post 14235980)
Can you guys recommend some good gun forums?

I'm looking for a good site for talking about general guns and shooting. Something that doesn't focus entirely on tactical/military stuff . . and isn't obsessed with urban self defense. I'm thinking more along the lines of guys talking about rifles, pistols, hunting (but not totally hunting focused), and maybe some class III stuff. I'm just looking for good shooting stories and talk about guns with a focus on the fun of shooting.

Thanks!

You're already here.

brew 03-28-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamDoe1 (Post 14236190)
You're already here.

I know . . . but I want to find something similar where there's 30 new threads a day and a half dozen Tailo's.

brew 03-28-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec (Post 14236116)
Do you have any good local forums? Mdshooters.com is a real cool place. Lots of info and good ppl. We have some out of state members on there too.

I read lightfighter a ton. It don't really contribute to most the gun discussions but there's a whole **** ton of great info on there.

Good call. I didn't even think to look for a regional forum. http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum.php looks like it might fit the bill.

Serbonze 03-28-2012 05:41 PM

Have you tried Glock Talk? They have just about every category that you can think of.

Reedo302 03-28-2012 07:00 PM

TheHighRoad.org is probably what you are looking for.

Ghostie 03-29-2012 08:59 AM

this is like asking your spouse if they have any single friends you can hook up with.

Reedo302 03-29-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostie (Post 14238487)
this is like asking your spouse if they have any single friends you can hook up with.

They're all gonna be fatties?

Ghostie 03-29-2012 09:27 AM

lol what?

Reedo302 03-29-2012 10:10 AM

Sorry, all of my wife's friends are fat and ugly. I would not ever ask her to hook me up with any of her friends. She was the one "hot friend" that you see at the bar surrounded by all the ugly chicks. :D

brew 03-29-2012 10:18 AM

I still love this forum - mostly because I think we have a great mix of people. This is still a great resource if I have gun questions. But I'm looking for somewhere with a lot more traffic where I can lurk for hours. I'm also looking for something with less of a tactical/self defense bent.

I still need to check out Reedo's suggestion of The High Road ... But so far I'm enjoying the regional forum I found. I like being able to find threads suggesting fun places to shoot within 10 miles of my house.

Sent from my ADR6325 using Bimmer

Ghostie 03-29-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reedo302 (Post 14238709)
Sorry, all of my wife's friends are fat and ugly. I would not ever ask her to hook me up with any of her friends. She was the one "hot friend" that you see at the bar surrounded by all the ugly chicks. :D

I was afraid this was where you were going, but wanted to clarify.....so you would ask her if her friends were hot? brave man, lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by brew (Post 14238739)
I still love this forum - mostly because I think we have a great mix of people. This is still a great resource if I have gun questions. But I'm looking for somewhere with a lot more traffic where I can lurk for hours. I'm also looking for something with less of a tactical/self defense bent.

I still need to check out Reedo's suggestion of The High Road ... But so far I'm enjoying the regional forum I found. I like being able to find threads suggesting fun places to shoot within 10 miles of my house.

Sent from my ADR6325 using Bimmer

just messing with you, no worries....I participate in about 5 other gun related forums.

btw, aren't you the guy with the huge property? I thought you could just shoot from your porch

brew 03-29-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostie (Post 14238861)

btw, aren't you the guy with the huge property? I thought you could just shoot from your porch

Yeah, we have 10 acres, surrounded by 80-600 acre properties. The neighbors don't mind if we shoot here . . . but my wife generally doesn't like me shooting when my son isn't at school - and it's fun finding places out in the desert/woods where we can shoot out in the middle of nowhere. There's also a bunch of BLM (Bureau of Land Management) land nearby where you can do pretty much whatever you want, so finding places to shoot isn't so difficult. But I'm always on the lookout for new places to go. Oh, and I'd love to get the hookup on nearby private landowners who welcome varmint hunters.

The BLM land generally looks like this - you can drive around pretty much wherever you want and shoot or camp or whatever. Lots of great places to 4x4. The national guard trains there, too. There's one 60 square mile parcel about 10 minutes away. Some of the more easily accessable places are kinda trashed though, which is a shame:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...unda/017-2.jpg

warcraftjs 04-02-2012 09:10 AM

Theres always www.AR15.com but still deals with a lot of other types of weapons.